Just moved to San Antonio.

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by EllisUnit, Aug 31, 2011.

1. EllisUnit

EllisUnit Serving Koolaid

Does anyone know if S.A shows all the Texans game on their local channels, cause i have NFL Sunday ticket since i moved from Dallas, and will cancel it if they do, but keep it if they don't. Any help ?

2. FirstTexansFan

FirstTexansFan The Unknown Fan

Last year they did, but in previous years they have not. I have Sunday ticket, and will continue to have it because I place zero trust in KENS Channel 5 in doing the right thing. They've shown only one of the preseason games here this year. You're dead in the middle of Sowboy country.... they hold their practices here.

3. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

I live in New Braunfels but I kept my houston area address for my direct tv so I can pick up all the local channels. They spot beam but NB picks it up, Kerrville does not and I am not sure about San Antonio, probably does pick up the local channels. Aransas Pass picks up the locals also so at the least I would say east and south side for sure.

4. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

FTF's experience is the same as mine. They showed all the games last season but in previous season's they would have picked up a high marquee game like the Steelers vs.Ravens. Hopefully this season they show every game.

On a side note, when you call to cancel you Sunday Ticket, just tell them that it's too expense and if they are willing to work on the price with you. I got them to drop my monthly charge from $50+ to $33 for Sunday Ticket. I keep it for fantasy football purposes :jogger:

5. FirstTexansFan

I wish I had a Houston address to point it to, would love to see the local channels in Houston instead of SA... can't stand their sportscasters.

6. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

When I lived in SA they were not showing any of the games unless it was to a national audience and I was forced to use internet streaming sites to view the games.

7. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Hmmm, Now remember it does not have to be in houston, just to houston tv market area. My folks live in lake livingston and I use theirs, I keep my billing paperless and pay bills by autodraft to keep it simple. Do you know anyone in surrounding area, like conroe, galveston, katy or anythink like that?

8. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Like Austin, be prepared to see a lot of Eagles games this year. :turtle:

9. FirstTexansFan

I have many friends and family in that area... just not sure how to go about this, as I've been a Directv customer for around 8yrs here in New Braunfels.

10. FirstTexansFan

I'd throw in another issue. If the Sowboys are playing an AFC team (not sure if it's home or away), those games are shown on the CBS affiliate. If they play at the same time, you can bet you won't be seeing the Texans.

11. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I am more concerned about Browns coverage.

12. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

This is very easy and is very worth it. First go to direct tv website and get a onlign account. Then set up to pay bills online and pick paperless billing. Next change your address to one of your freinds. after all that is done and after about 5 minutes your not getting the local channels then in the upper left of direct tv website hit tools. then under the pictures one will say Reauthorize your receiver, hit that. you will see the receivers on the website and you pick each one to reauthorize, now you should have houston channels, and you never had to talk to one person, congrats. good luck.

13. Blake

Blake MMQB

I remember last year they played every game of the year. They will probably do the same this year, but I got free NFL sunday ticket just in case. I wonder if my Sunday Ticket channel will be blacked out if the Texans are on local stations. At least I will have redzone.

14. FirstTexansFan

I owe you big time partner!! Lunch on me, you name the time and place here in New Braunfels :)

15. FirstTexansFan

Ok, we have problems... to change the address, I have to change billing address, and the address in Houston doesn't match what's on my credit card :( I don't have a Houston bank.

Edit: Also, it shows an installation address, and a billing address. I can only change the billing address.

16. Blake

Blake MMQB

Check your PM. I have an idea for you.

17. FirstTexansFan

Yes, my Step Daughter lives in Santa Fe, and I have that address, but I'm unable to change the installation address online... just the billing address... and that's tied to my credit card.

18. Blake

Blake MMQB

Thats the problem right there. You would have to find a 3rd party company that does the installs to "adjust" the address, use paper billing, but install at your actual address.

19. FirstTexansFan

Well how about this? I call them, tell them I'm temporarily staying with my daughter (for whatever reason) for the next six months. We have our dish and receiver with us in our RV, and would prefer the local channels where we are while we're in Houston? I'm already setup for paperless billing, and autodraft.

20. pirbroke

pirbroke All Pro

Little update, I talked to firstTexansfan and it looks like you do have to call now to change the Installation Address, you can't do it online. Bummer, sorry about the false info, I did do my own install so I don't see how that would be a show stopper. I bought my receivers in kerrville at their office and gave them the address to where I live, which was livingston ( he new I didn't live their and didn't seem to care ) He gave me the cables I needed and I just took everything home and hooked it up. I like the rv idea on changing where you view, you would think that would work also. anyways good luck for anyone trying this.