Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Just Heard on 610, Texans will run 4-3

O.G.

Waterboy
John is talking to Charlie on the Radio now, The Texans will be drafting ends. Texans will be running the 4-3. He also Said Kubiak loves Carr and really loves D. Davis. He said Dever was trying to get him the year he came out but we selected him first. With that being said, he did Mentioned Kubiak wants a one cut back via Clinton Portis, Tatum Bell, etc.

The 4-3 announcement is big, and has to have a huge affect on the Texans
Draft stradegy: much more apt to trade the top pick since we now need to
populate new positions on D. Also, all of our tweeners become very expendable, and seveal
are only ST players to us now.

It'd be so sweet to have a player like Brian Urlacher or Julius Peppers on our team! Immagine either of them taking the field with a player like Dunta. That's enough to keep offensive coordinators up all night.

WOW!! Good news! Guess Bob McNair is sticking with his word that he would PAY whatever it takes to get this football team on the right path.

Those *****s on channel 13 can't even pronounce Kubiaks name. I DETEST that channel!!

HardKnockTexan said:
hasnt said we have him yet... just recruiting him...

See.....conflicting info. Slocum said that Gary hired Sherman the segment before......damn. Hate when the media does that. Well, it's a very good chance Sherman will be named by the end of the week. Calhoun is still in his contract, as well as Smith and Bush. We'll see everyone.

bigTEXan8 said:
Mike Sherman will be a welcomed addition. Has he mentioned who's going to be our DC.

Richard Smith and Frank Bush will be co-coordinators. If they can't get out of their contract, look for Bates or Gray to be the choice.

O.G. said:
Richard Smith and Frank Bush will be co-coordinators. If they can't get out of their contract, look for Bates or Gray to be the choice.

I am not on the press conference, did that come out of Kubiak's mouth?

Kaiser Toro said:

No it hasn't, just speculation. Once one of the reports ask that question, I will quote his response.

nunusguy said:
The 4-3 announcement is big, and has to have a huge affect on the Texans
Draft stradegy: much more apt to trade the top pick since we now need to
populate new positions on D. Also, all of our tweeners become very expendable, and seveal
are only ST players to us now.

I hope we draft some defenders - we need more help on that side IMO.

Kaiser Toro said:

He said he was going to stay away from saying names so that wouldn't be jepardized, but his is half way in completing his coaching staff. He only wants quality people that was to be in Houston and he was going to take his time to get the right people here.

O.G. said:
He said he was going to stay away from saying names so that wouldn't be jepardized, but his is half way in completing his coaching staff. He only wants quality people that was to be in Houston and he was going to take his time to get the right people here.

Appreciate it brah!

Kaiser Toro said:
Appreciate it brah!

Anytime bruh. He also said the Texans will be aggressive in all phases of the game, offense, defense and special Teams. He's going to bring over the Bronco's philosphy, just make the book alittle darker blue.

And when talking with John and Lance, he said he's going to Turn David Carr lose and that he reminds him of Jake Plummer. The Denver philosophy is based off the run and play action pass. He likes David Carr...alot. Lol

O.G. said:

Sweet! Good to hear. Leadership starts with good leaders, and it sound like Kubiak is going for the best coaches he can find. This news is like a breath of fresh air. :thumbup

Could someone confirm whether Sherman's been officially hired? I haven't heard such thing on either 610 or 790.

Please....someone....

If Sherman is OL coach will the Texans continue to use the zone blocking scheme? They didn't use it in Green Bay when he was there. (They are planning to use it under their new head coach).

Kubiak also said during his Press Conference that he will be hiring a lot of young coaches to be his assistants because Shanahan did that for him 11 years ago for him.

I like that Idea. Get some new guys for him so he can sculpt and use his style.

SBTexans08 said:
It was probably just someone :stirpot:

Yeah......RC Slocum when talking to John before Kubiak was anounced. Then they interviewed John McClain and he said that wasn't in stone yet, but Calhoun was going to be the OC as well *** Smith and Bush being the DC's, but everyone is still under contract except Sherman. Why would RC drop that info if he didn't here it from someone.......being introduced as coach that is.

O.G. said:
Yeah......RC Slocum when talking to John before Kubiak was anounced. Then they interviewed John McClain and he said that wasn't in stone yet, but Calhoun was going to be the OC as well *** Smith and Bush being the DC's, but everyone is still under contract except Sherman. Why would RC drop that info if he didn't here it from someone.......being introduced as coach that is.
That's cool and all...but someone said he was hired. Not that the buzz is he'll be hired after Kubiak is officially introduced as Texans head coach.

Back