Just a bit of reality: Our winning games

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by silvrhand, Dec 29, 2009.

1. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

Have all come against losing record teams except for one, the bengals which aren't looking so good of late either.

Sun. 20 @ Titans 12:00 PM W 34-31
    Sun. 4 RAIDERS 12:00 PM W 29-6
    Sun. 18 @ Bengals 12:00 PM W 28-17
    Sun. 25 49ERS 12:00 PM W 24-21
    Sun. 1 @ Bills W 31-10
    Sun. 13 SEAHAWKS W 34-7
    Sun. 20 @ Rams W 16-13
    Sun. 27 @ Dolphins W 27-20

So in reality our schedule was much easier this year, and we had more quality wins over real teams last year than we did this year. I don't understand how we can be happy with having an easy schedule and "feeling" like we are turning the corner.

A win is a win but I would have liked to see a win over some of the quality teams we did play this year.

2. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

take a shower man

3. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

WE are part of why those teams have losing records.

Malloy likes this.
  4. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

It is what it is. I don't see how people can look at this and be happy but if they are then so be it. It doesn't really matter what we think of how 2009 went down. 2010 will be a continuation of what we have been doing so it's best to just get yourself a big old 64 oz cup and pour yourself a tall glass of Battle Red Kool-Aid.

Nothing is going to change this year so why keep beating the drum. We all know the Texans didn't beat anybody worth a damn this year. No need to keep repeating it.

Yankee_In_TX likes this.
  5. silvrhand

silvrhand Site Contributor

And what stick my head in the sand like last weeks game was the biggest game of this franchise's history?

Our winning games haven't been good either, but now with our record, and not really looking at any of how we won our games I'm concerned that next year we'll not be any better. We need something that can make this team get some tenacity or something. We can't seem to figure out how to be consistent winners. I'm sorry but to me this is a something that has to come from the top down, owner, GM, coach, players.

6. sportfan73

sportfan73 Rookie

don't bring logic into the conversation man, that's just crazy talk to the pessimists. We haven't lost to a bad team, its possible none of our losses will have come to sub .500 teams after this weekend.

7. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

We beat the radiers badly

who then beat philly

Philly could get the NUmber 2 seed in the NFC

Are the radiers really a bad team

DOes a 0-1 Tenn team count has a losing team at the time ??????

thunderkyss likes this.
  8. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

and who did we beat last year with a winning record ?????

i remember going 0-4 beating some scrub teams

getting killed by Indy balty beating the browns then making a late season run

WE did beat TENN but hey there in our divison and like i said other then teh colts divison games can go either way LOL

9. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

We're also part of why teams have winning records. Your point?

Yankee_In_TX likes this.
  10. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

Right. Only to get beat by teams with over .500 records or .500 records. Wonderful. If only our entire season consisted of at or below .500 teams we'd be unbeaten.

11. sportfan73

sportfan73 Rookie

we've taken care of business against teams we were clearly better than. We've competed in games against teams that were better than us, and we were a few good breaks away from having a playoff spot wrapped up. People just don't understand variance, we could potentially be as good as 13-2 right now, and I don't see how we could be any worse than 8-7.

12. Thorn

Thorn Dirty Old Man

BFD. A win is a win is a win, just like a loss is a loss.

13. BIG TORO

BIG TORO TERADACTYL #23

Reality is we are still alive on our last game of the season and there are alot of teams who are not!!!! That is reality!

Giant Tiger likes this.
  14. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

The Raiders also beat Pittsburgh and Denver. Miami is no push over either. San Fransisco also beat Arizona.

But what if we beat New England? I'm sure some are going to come on here and say because New England didn't have anything to play for.

15. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Earlier I heard a Baltimore fan on Sirius telling Pittsburgh fans to be quiet because Pittsburgh was complaining about how Indy rested their players and win over the Jets would've put them in good standing right now. His point was that if you win the games you are supposed to win you will be in a better position for the playoffs. Winning the games we were supposed to win has put us where we are right now - Playing Important Games in the last two weeks of the season.

Would you have felt better if we lost one of those games?

16. Fred

Fred All Pro

We usually beat teams with losing records and lose to teams with winning records? SHA-ZAM!!! Who would have thought?

People complain we have only beat 1 team with a winning record. Look - if we beat the Titans twice, the Jags twice, and the Jets; but lose to the Bengals then we would be at 11-4 (11-5 after losing to the winning Pats) and we would have zero wins against winning teams. I would be OK with that.

On the other hand, we could have lost to Titans twice, Jags twice, Jets, and Dolphins (keeping the loss to the Bengals) and be 5-11 with no losses to losing teams. So our W or L tips a 6 game spread in this parlor game. We could be 11-5 with no good wins or 5-11 with no bad losses. If you want to be a playoff team you need to rise above the 500 club and beat Jags etc.

17. Fred

Fred All Pro

No, we should have beaten Jax twice. Then we would have the #5 seed clinched and we would be resting our starters this week.

Would you have felt worse if we won those games?

18. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

We are 1-5 in our division. That's on Kubiak....and that's why we're not a top 3 team in our conference. Those divisional games MATTER.

Ole Miss Texan likes this.
  19. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Really, all on Kubiak? Sure he affected those games as well, but:

Did Kubiak coach the team not to cover MJD?
    Did Kubiak cause the bogus flag on Walter?
    Did Kubiak coach veteran Brown to not hold the ball at the goal line?
    Did Kubiak coach the refs to not see the Indy player touching the ball while out of bounds?
    Did Kubiak coach Kris Brown to miss two field goals in one game?

I'm not absolving Kubiak by any means but there were a lot of things outside of his control that led to 1-5 as well.

BIG TORO likes this.
  20. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Sorry, I didn't feel like cutting your quote into half a dozen little pieces. I just added my answers.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2009