Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Julian Peterson Traded To Lions

Texan4Ever

All Pro
SI reports that LB Julian Peterson, who previously played for the 49ers has been traded to the Detroit Lions in exchange for Corey Redding, DT. For more info. click this link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/03/14/seahawks.peterson/index.html

Personally, I feel this is a good pick for the Lions. I can only imagine how there front 7 defense well look like. IMO, I think they well probably start Cliff Avril, draft Peria Jerry, Grady Jackson, and Dewayne White with linebackers Ernie Simms, Julian Peterson (Don't know if he well play MLB), and or Jordon Dizon.

BSofA04

Veteran
Seems like they're trying to improve the defense through FA. It'll make it easier for them to concentrate on offense in the draft. With a good QB and an improved o-line, I can see them winning 6-8 games next season. I think they're heading in the right direction. (Granted it can't get any worse).

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
Probably hurts Aaron Curry's chances at becoming the #1 pick. But, Seattle is now in the market for an OLB (Curry or Orakpo?).

awtysst

Draft Guru
Probably hurts Aaron Curry's chances at becoming the #1 pick. But, Seattle is now in the market for an OLB (Curry or Orakpo?).
Seattle might also like a DT like Raji. I think this moves cements LT or Qb for the Lions.

Specnatz

Hall of Fame
My first thought as well with this trade is looks like Curry might not be the overall #1 pick. Stafford or LT.
Over at the ND site I goto, one of the guys is a huge Lions fan (I asked if he was taking anything for that condition). He made the comment the other day about the Lions drafting BJ Raji #1 overall. I did not want to be to harsh on him but that is just laughable.