Johnson wins AFC honor

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by HOU-TEX, Oct 3, 2006.

1. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Coach C. likes this.
  2. AggieTexanFan

AggieTexanFan Rookie

Congrats to him and another pro-bowl is certainly coming to him

3. real

real Guest

cool...

4. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Congrats to AJ! He's playing like a beast. Not only do I hope he will go to the Pro-Bowl but become an All-Pro at wide receiver.

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

He's off to a great start this year. Way to go AJ !
    I heard one of the SR 610 guys say the other day that AJ is now real comfortable in Houston, and wants to finish his career here. I'm really
    skeptical of that remark, unless the 610 guy has got something solid to
    back it up ? Maybe AJs met a attractive young Houston native who's family is all here ?
    Floridians like Coloradans, Californians, Texans and others are very passionate about their native state and usually want to return eventually, and there's no less than 3 NFL teams in FLA.
    On the other hand, if the Texans were legit contenders in a couple years when AJs contract is up for resigning, that's another story.

6. Bamaborn-Texasbred

Bamaborn-Texasbred All Pro

Biggio is from New York and Bagwell from Boston. Something in the air suited them well....

Maybe there is some truth to it.

Having Kubiak around is probably reason for optimism....

I certainly don't think Andre is the kind of guy that would like to play in one of the larger markets. He also doesn't seem like the kind of person that would relish the idea of having to make a lot of new acquaintances.

7. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

Most of the people had left Reliant after the game Sunday when John Granato interviewed AJ on the field as part of the '5th quarter.' (the interview can be heard over the stadium PA and seen on the big screen)

Granato asked AJ about being a Miami guy, how did it feel to beat the Dolphins?.... AJ responded by saying he was born and raised in Miami and has always been a Miami guy but Houston is home now and he's proud to be a Texan.

8. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

AJ has really stepped it up, but we must credit Moulds for taking a lot of the pressure off of him, and allowing him to get open a lot more. If he continues this he will Deff make the Pro Bowl.

9. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

And look for Moulds' numbers to increase over the next few weeks as a result of more attn on AJ.

10. MrMeToo

MrMeToo All Pro

Great news.Glad to see AJ getting rewarded for his play.

11. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

two words: franchise tag - he ain't going anywhere

Congrats AJ!

12. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Wasn't Bagwell traded FROM Boston?

I'm not sure about Moulds' numbers going up. Like we've said before, we have two #1 WRs and the D can't focus on just one of them, the other will burn them. I think a reason AJ hasn't been stopped is that teams don't know how to deal with Moulds AND AJ.

13. bigTEXan8

bigTEXan8 All Pro

it's funny that the texans have won five defensive awards...yet they've been in the bottom of most defensive categories like...the past few years.

14. Scooter

Scooter Funky

yes, we picked him up from the red sox when he was a minor leaguer, but he was also from boston.

15. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

16. Texans_Chick

Texans_Chick Utopian Dreamer

That was really great for him to say. He is not a super glib kinda guy, and it really sounded like he meant it.

17. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

It will be interesting to see what Dre does the next off-season. In the past he is one of the players that takes off for "home" as soon as the season ends and comes back the day before the first mandatory session. I think he usually goes back to Miami for any extended breaks, i.e. between OTAs and training camp. Maybe this will be an area that Moulds influences him. I've always thought he should spend more time working out with Carr and the Texans rather than at The U with ex-Miami players.

I've always heard his home in Houston is his office; his condo on Miami Beach is his crib.

18. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

Congrats AJ!

It has been nice having a true #2 receiver in Moulds.

If we get Walter up to speed and the running game working,
    Andre will be hard to stop.

19. Personally I'd like to see more out of AJ and how does he get this honor when a smallish CB stripped the ball away from him in that game? That was no INT. Where is this "beast" we keep hearing about. AJ is taller and supposedly stronger, but from what I've been seeing, most of his catches are from good passes where he then gets tackled rather quickly. I'd love to see AJ be a strong physical player that can take CB's one on one with AJ doing a stiff arm to get loose. But being that as it may, it's a good thing when someone on our offense gets an award.

20. real

real Guest

Isn't that the main point???