Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Johnson.....When Healthy..

dalonestartitan

Practice Squad
Is one of the best in my opinion. He even stood out with Carr at QB. If he had played for a team like Indy, he would have put up MVP #'s, but he was really slowed by his attachment to Carr.

Is one of the best in my opinion. He even stood out with Carr at QB. If he had played for a team like Indy, he would have put up MVP #'s, but he was really slowed by his attachment to Carr.

yeah aj is a very good player but i don't believe he is the best yet

I think he's a top 5 WR in the league. But because he's played for a crappy team his entire career he's not going to get the publicity that other guys have gotten

He is leading the league in yards per game and yards per catch. He would've had an unbelievable year if he stayed healthy.

Who is in the top 5 in fron of him,

Bc All i can think of is Moss and maybe Steve Smith.

don't get me wrong i like aj but i would prefer this year's t.o and how about what peyton is working with in indy with harrison and wayne even though marvin is out right now

don't get me wrong i like aj but i would prefer this year's t.o and how about what peyton is working with in indy with harrison and wayne even though marvin is out right now

Im telling you, if AJ played with the PAtriots, or even INDY, he would put up monster #'s. Think about this, we are undefeated with him in Scahub in the line up together, and schaub is killer on the playaction fake. Ask Jason Davis and the Saints safeties.

Im telling you, if AJ played with the PAtriots, or even INDY, he would put up monster #'s. Think about this, we are undefeated with him in Scahub in the line up together, and schaub is killer on the playaction fake. Ask Jason Davis and the Saints safeties.

exactly the aints defense a high school team would put up numbers against them and i want to see if we can do it on a team like the steelers

The fact is, you can put AJ's name in the same sentence with ANY other wide receiver in the league. It's up to debate exactly where he should rank...but the fact that we can actually have a serious debate of whether he is a top 5 WR in the league or not just makes me so excited. The guy is good.

I think Johnson is better than Reggie Wayne and Marvin Harrison at this point in time. Career wise, both of those two guys are better, but if I had to choose one WR between the three right now I would take AJ

The fact is, you can put AJ's name in the same sentence with ANY other wide receiver in the league. It's up to debate exactly where he should rank...but the fact that we can actually have a serious debate of whether he is a top 5 WR in the league or not just makes me so excited. The guy is good.

Thats what Djones doesn't get, is that we really tried to tie Johnson to Carr, and Carr was a sack waiting to happen in the pockets, yet Johnson was still able to produce, and its very seldom that A WR can prodce without a decent QB. Think Moss in Oakland.

Thats what Djones doesn't get, is that we really tried to tie Johnson to Carr, and Carr was a sack waiting to happen in the pockets, yet Johnson was still able to produce, and its very seldom that A WR can prodce without a decent QB. Think Moss in Oakland.

i not saying he isn't a great player all i am saying is until he do over a long of time you can't compare him with some of the top guys but again i think next year with a full year with matt he has the potential to do something great

Look at AJ's numbers with Carr at qb, then look at Steve Smith's numbers...

Somewhere in there you will find the answer you seek as to how AJ should be ranked with other WRs.

The only receiver that I think is definitely better is Randy Moss. T.O. has all the stats, but he doesn't have good hands. He's just a freak athelete who is probably the best in the league at running after the catch.

Maybe Steve Smith. I thought maybe Marvin Harrison, but he's just not as explosive as AJ. I'd put AJ in the top 5 but after Moss I can't think of a WR who I immediately think in my mind is better.

The only receiver that I think is definitely better is Randy Moss. T.O. has all the stats, but he doesn't have good hands. He's just a freak athelete who is probably the best in the league at running after the catch.

Maybe Steve Smith. I thought maybe Marvin Harrison, but he's just not as explosive as AJ. I'd put AJ in the top 5 but after Moss I can't think of a WR who I immediately think in my mind is better.

Id put

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson

In that order.

He's easily our best athlete and what makes him so great is he makes a big play or scores and just hands the ball to the ref..... no dancing, prancing, etc....just back to the huddle for the next play. He's a PROFESSIONAL, something most of these other receivers know nothing about.

He is leading the league in yards per game and yards per catch. He would've had an unbelievable year if he stayed healthy.

If he hadnt been hurt, he would be right in the mix with T.O and Moss in TD catches. I know thats tricky footing to walk in, but he has 4 tds in three games. Averaged out, that comes to around 12 TD catches. Thats pretty damn good. He is definatly a top 5 if not top 3 WR. He is one of the best, period.

If he hadnt been hurt, he would be right in the mix with T.O and Moss in TD catches. I know thats tricky footing to walk in, but he has 4 tds in three games. Averaged out, that comes to around 12 TD catches. Thats pretty damn good. He is definatly a top 5 if not top 3 WR. He is one of the best, period.

Need to reproject there. 4 TD's in 3 games translates to almost 22 over a season.

The only knock on AJ in years past was his hands. This year, he hasn't dropped any key receptions. Granted, it's been limited action, but he's been money. Right now, irrespective of career numbers, there isn't a WR in the NFL I'd take over AJ.

Id put

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson

In that order.

You just can't look at stats. Look at who the WRs have throwing to them. WR productivity ebbs and flows depending on how solid the QB play is....

Randy Moss
- Excelled with pre-injury Dante Culpepper
- Sucked with the QB trash out in Oakland
- Record-breaking pace with Tom Brady

Marvin Harrison
- Spent most of his career with Peyton. No doubt he and Peyton click. Legend has it Harrison was good before Peyton was drafted. But no one remembers back that far. :)

Terrell Owens
- Got on the map while playing with HoFer Steve Young. Some success with Jeff Garcia but soon wore out his welcome in SF.
- Did well in Philly with Donovan McNabb until his inner drama-queen emerged ...again.
- Is doing well, this year, with Tony Romo & Wade Phillips in dallas. As someone else said, his hands are B-/C+. But when he does make the catch, watch out. He makes his living on YAC stats

Andre Johnson
- Excels despite being paired with a bust (that's right, I said it) and "an unproven back-up" (according to all the preseason talking heads, we paid too much for Matt Schaub)
- IMO, Schaub-to-Johnson will become a household phrase if these two can stay healthy for the next 6-8 years. *burp* (sorry, I'm full of KoolAde)
- Someone on the NFLN (I think it was that "Sit 'em/Start 'em" guy) said today that AJ would be on pace to have a 1900/2000 yd season had he (and Schaub) been healthy all year.

Chad Johnson/Steve Smith
- When their main QBs (Delhomme & Palmer, respectively) are healthy, they excel. When their main guys are out, they suffer.
- Notice that Steve Smith never seemed to be "open" when DC was under center. Is that Steve Smith.'s fault..?
- Next year, rumor has it, we may see Chad Johnson with a different uni on. Wouldn't it be interesting if he ended up h.... :)

Back