Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Johnson and Jones fined for scrum

barrett

All Pro
That is to say:

Johnson and Jones fined for scrum, not srum. srum is not a word.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/6635467.html

Texans receivers Andre Johnson and Jacoby Jones have been fined for their roles in the fight on the sideline during Sunday's 34-31 victory at Tennessee.

Johnson, who was going at it with cornerback Cortland Finnegan on the Texans' sideline, was fined $7,500 by the NFL. Jones, who joined in the fight and threw punches, was fined $5,000.

Receiver David Anderson, who was called for a personal foul, wasn't fined. Titans defensive tackle Jason Jones, who was ejected for throwing a punch, was fined $5,000 on Wednesday.

No other Texans were fined.

And worth every penny! If AJ and JJ needed it, hell, I'd even chip in on a fund to reimburse them. Even though times are lean, THAT was worth paying for.

Thank you AJ, JJ, MW, De Ryans and all the Texans who knocked the toothless wonder known as the Possum Squallor Hootinanies back to their hovels on Bumblescum Mountain crying both on and off the field!!!!

(Disclaimer before anyone poops their pants....I don't condone violence, we need sportsmanship, sprinkle in honesty and some other positive attributes where you feel necessary etc..etc..etc. I am glad no one got hurt and I do mean that seriously, but those punks in tinisea had it coming!)

:specnatz:

I wonder if McNair flips the bill for it. I mean, we won, showed fight and well................it's freakin AJ.

So, DA gets called and AJ gets the fine.....

I could easily see how someone could mistake the two for each other.

Come on Goodell, what'd you do?! Stand in front of the film with a magnifying glass to catch who did what? Petty!

At least no suspensions! I bet AJ would pay $7500 anytime to toss Finnegan around like a rag doll again.

I don't condone violence...unless it's against a Titan!! :bat:

I'm trying to remember if that was before or after he "fielded" the fair catch? Maybe we could have dodged that bullet either way!

I'm wondering where the video evidence is since CBS f-ed up on the broadcast.

Apparently there was a fight on the sideline, but we got to watch Keith Bulluck watching the fight.

Apparently there was a fight on the sideline, but we got to watch Keith Bulluck watching the fight.

The NFL network replay showed footage of the whole thing. From the angle it appeared there was a camera around the 50 on the opposite side of the field

Well, it's not like Roger Goodell can ignore Jeff Fisher. My guess is Jeff Fisher had something to do with it. Good call on watching Keith Bulluck watching the fight. All I can say is thanks CBS for the .7 seconds of what was really happening. I said it earlier this week and I'll say it again: If anyone truly needs to be fined it's Jeff Fisher. You want to kill a rattlesnake you cut it off at the head, not the rattle. If I'm Bob McNair, I can't just hand them the money but I'd find a way for them to make an appearance during the week to cover what they owe.

At least no suspensions! I bet AJ would pay $7500 anytime to toss Finnegan around like a rag doll again.

I don't condone violence...unless it's against a Titan!! :bat:

First part is all I care about. There's no way we could've afforded to have AJ suspended especially considering the WR corps isn't at full strength.

The fines indicate to me that the league saw AJ as the instigator of the fight as he got a higher fine that anyone else. And, as the NFLN Replay angle showed, the fight did start when he dragged down Finnegan by the face mask. I thought it started because Slaton got flattened a second time after being tackled by Bulluck, but the later angle shows it started between AJ and Finnegan.

As fines go, this was pretty light (the Matt Schaub Fine Counter still sits at $90,000, for contrast). But I'm glad there were no suspensions.

Thanks who ever fixed the title of this thread. I ended up doing extensive research on the word "srum" turns out, as I expected, it's not a word. Found some stimulating acronyms though!

Synchrotron Radiation User Meeting
or
Strategic Random Utility Model

I'm sure you're all dying to know this stuff.

I don't consider a fight on the sideline violence! Just an emotional bunch of football players duking it out! I LOVE IT!! Break um up and send them back to the bench to get ready for the next play!! Let the respective teams deal with players who get into punch and shove play action! geeeezzzzz! The NFL tries to mess with the true emotions of players and fans to much as it is. Those are stupid fines, and accomplish nothing!! Just a little reminder that the NFL is their DADDY and can punish them any way they please. LAME!! Next time I hope AJ comes up with more than a wad of Finnegans hair!:aggressive::winky:

NOW, before all you suits blast me for condoning "violence" let me say this. I DO NOT condon a deliberate action to harm another player with the sole purpose of taking him out of the game. A little tussel on the sideline is nothing compared to that. JMO!

is there any good videos of it cause i saw it on the highlights but didnt get a good look at it

If you can catch the NFLN highlight they got it and zoomed in on everything, but I didn't see the hits by JJ. I guess they are calling ragdolling finnegan to the ground "punching" by what i saw for the AJ fine.

Bottom line is no suspensions!

Well, it's not like Roger Goodell can ignore Jeff Fisher. My guess is Jeff Fisher had something to do with it. Good call on watching Keith Bulluck watching the fight. All I can say is thanks CBS for the .7 seconds of what was really happening. I said it earlier this week and I'll say it again: If anyone truly needs to be fined it's Jeff Fisher. You want to kill a rattlesnake you cut it off at the head, not the rattle. If I'm Bob McNair, I can't just hand them the money but I'd find a way for them to make an appearance during the week to cover what they owe.

yep. Mike Piera pretty much said the same thing about Fisher's influence on the competition committee last night on All Access. It was regarding the JJ fair catch play, where Fisher didn't even know the rules! He called Piera about an hour after the game to say it was his bad for chewing out the officials, but Piera admitted that this rule would definitely be looked at by the competition committee because of Fisher's influence.

Back