John McClain . . . what a piece of work

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Marcus, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

This guy is something else.

Link

:loser And you wonder why people change the channel when you're on the radio.

(And for Chronicle staff that reads this . . . whoever did the photoshop work on Reggie's arms in that pic . . . needs to be fired. That was ridiculous.)

2. Rey

Rey Guest

I don't get the John McCalin thing, but the arms do look photo shopped

3. JamesBill

JamesBill Veteran

And he is a total liar. He was saying they would pick VY.

4. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

He said the pick was gonna be about 14 guys. LOL. Also said we would regret passing Toby Gerhert. :clown:

BTW, did you notice that Reggie was gonna be the top pick in 2005? F'ing brilliant. :clap:

5. Marcus

Marcus Ruthless pragmatist

You don't get that he wants to take credit for something he admitted he didn't do? Ok?

As for the photoshop, of course it's photoshopped. Hell, everything is photoshopped these days, but if you're going to do it, do it realistically, not in a way that you take one look at it and go "WTF is that?"

:rolleyes:

6. The Cush

The Cush All Pro

I'm guessing you guys are saying that someone photoshopped a new set of arms onto Reggie but I don't think that's the case. He might be small but he's pretty jacked and he's been like that since coming out of USC. He just has a massive pump going in that pic

7. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Eff Reggie Bush and John McLAME. Bush for his little "thanks, Houston" commercial and John for...well, just being lame.

I hope Mario knocks the piss out of Bush.

8. Rey

Rey Guest

He admitted to it...

It's not like he's trying to hide it..

I don't really care about McClain really one way or the other... I think he says some good things at times, but he's just a meh to me...

9. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I cant stand to listen to the guy breathe while he talks ..... He's got to keep his sidekick Anna Megan around so her (o)(o)'s keep him relevant .... Hell , they are the only thing keeping her relevant - piss poor journalists.

Im not sure the Chron has a sports journalist I do like anymore ..... That publication is worthless .... accept for a coupon or two.

10. Dutchrudder

Dutchrudder King of the Potato People

[​IMG]

If Mario Williams and Brian Cushing had a baby, that pic is what it would look like.

11. Double Barrel

McLain is good for war stories. He's a walking history book, and I actually enjoy that aspect of his media presence. Sort of like Barry Warner, except Warner is capable of some decent football analysis from time to time (just have to hear past his overwhelmingly large ego, though...at least John comes across as somewhat humble).

McLain's football takes suck. He always seems like a front-runner, and much of his commentary sounds like Captain Obvious stuff.

And Anna Megan is good for (o)(o) candy, but it's when she starts talking that I find something/someone else to listen to. Sweet girl, but not the brightest bulb in the lamp when it comes to football insight. Give me LZ or CP any day of the week. JMO

12. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

You are right , McClain does know a lot of "History" . I'll give him that .... he has no real sources with this team .... He was locked in with Buck Fud and Co but this team never seems to have taken to him ..... especially this regime.

13. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

No biggie, inside job. happens all the time, put yourself in his shoes what would you do, spill the beans?

I'll admit it right here, I was pulling for Vince Young myself & it wasn't that Bush or Williams where not great prospects either, however to those of us who lived through HWMNBN days as the first overall pick in franchise history it was imperative they needed to move on. I know that's not sound draft logic now, but shows the depth of disparity he instilled among'st all Texan fans, media maybe even teammates & coaches?

Last year the defense sucked about equal in proportion so they fired a Bush & brought in a Son of a Bum to run the defense, not to mention his impact on their draft & free agency. Brilliant!!! Looks like they really got this one right, in this regard I believe McClain has been on the mark all along. Maybe the affliction of ineptitude follows people regardless of their work but then when winning culture occurs suddenly everything is less painful & more palatable :user:

14. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

You have to wonder if things would have turned out differently for VY had he been taken by the Texans and working with Kubiak rather than going to .... Hilbilly Holler.
    He has all the physical tools to be a real good NFL QB .... but his brain got scrambled. (Or was it already scrambled )

15. Malloy

Malloy Site Contributor

Witness the awesome power of Biceps Man!!

16. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

It would have been. VY would have had a much better career here, but in the end he wasn't cerebral enough for us. His athletic ability would have made the bootleg game sick. He just wasn't worthy of the top overall pick. Honestly, had Kubiak been our 1st head coach, HWWSNSO(think thats DC's innitials) would have been a stud. Mario was the best choice, Reggie would have been terrible, and VY could have been good here.

17. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

The question (which thankfully will never be answered) is if Kubiak did believe he needed a new QB from day one, and convinced the organization to forego the Carr extension, would he have used the first overall pick on VY or might it have been Leinart (or might it still have been Mario with a FA brought in to play QB)?

Pretty happy with the way it turned out though.

18. Double Barrel

I think VY was too immature when he entered the league and would have been unable to avoid the influences of his hometown.

Dude has all the physical gifts a player needs to succeed in the NFL, but his biggest obstacle has always been between his ears. Sitting on the bench in Philly might do him a world of good in that regard.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

Kubiak thought HWWNBM could be an NFL QB - He has the physical ability but not the smarts to live up to the potential. He doesnt process information quickly enough to read defenses or go thru progressions which is why we saw so many short dump offs that final season.

It took Kubiak much less than that season to realize HWWNBM wasnt going to be able to run his offensive system but by that time the decision had already been made.

Thats a true story .... without a link so take it for what its worth.

20. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

I 100% agree with all of this :)