John McClain on SportsTalk today...

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Playoffs, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

I was driving and had 610 SportsTalk on the radio earlier and McClain said two things I had not heard before or missed reading:

1) He said the reason Jacoby is gone is because his agent asked the Texans to release him because of the treatment he was getting from the fans ... ?

2) He also said that Marciano was not in favor of letting Trindon Holliday go ... ?

McClain was very direct & both statements were very clear. True?

(Mods, wasn't sure where this topic "fit" exactly -- move as needed, thx.)

2. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

I've heard both of those things before, and while I can't say they're true any more than you can, they both sound realistic, they make sense, and my guess is they are both probably true (especially the Jacoby thing).

3. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

Okay, thanks. I'm either getting older or getting dumber .... or both.

One good thing about short term memory loss -- I can hide my own Easter eggs. [​IMG]

4. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

Yeah, I was somewhat surprised Jacoby was released from us last season. The reason being, is I remember about a month after the Ravens game, reading an article saying that the Coaches had not given up on him, and he will still be with us on opening day.

Then it was reported he was on the trading block, and then released.

Certainly contradicting, but it doesn't surprise me that all of the fans gave him ****. I wonder if he saw the 40 page forum about how he needs to go? :fingergun:

5. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

If he couldn't put on his big girl panties and take the criticism then oh well. Shouldn't be wrapped up in the media and what the fans are saying anyways. Winning cures all. Come back and shut everyone up...instead he cried. Dude is seriously a mama's boy.

6. Lurvinator11

Lurvinator11 Hall of Fame

Of course he is a mama's boy! I mean, everytime his mama was in the front row, he would run one back!

That's what we were missing on ST with jacoby. His mama!

7. SteveSlaton20

SteveSlaton20 All Pro

if you cant take criticism in the league, then why are you here? you're a big boy, own up to it.

8. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Man Jacoby Jones just needed to grow the hell up. I got booed all the time, didn't see it bother me....:vincepalm:

~ Vince Young

9. gwallaia

gwallaia Moderator Staff Member

**** Jacoby Jones

10. rolyat93

rolyat93 Veteran

I'd like to criticize your sig.:toropalm:

11. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

I'm sure he wasn't in favor. ST coaches have to fight tooth and nail for players for their squad. Usually they get the leftovers and backups that have to play ST. He's a potential difference maker as we saw when he was in Denver.

It was a tough call, but when rosters are limited to 53 it makes those decisions tough. I wish the NFLPA would push for 2 or 3 more roster spots. It would make it easier to keep 1 trick ponies and depth at important areas.

12. steelbtexan

steelbtexan Hall of Fame

Yep

I'm glad he's gone.

that is all

13. Brisco_County

Brisco_County Texans worthy

Many players and their families read message boards, this one included. They may not read it consistently, but it's a way to check the temperature of the fans.

14. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

It is too bad that David Carr didn't demand his release due to his treatment by the fans.

15. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

This sounds like everything else McClain says its basically what the organization told him to say.

16. Uncle Rico

Uncle Rico Pro BS'er

I think thats an awful lack of intestinal fortitude on Jacoby's part if that information is correct.

Holliday had decent to above average blockers on the special teams unit in Denver, here he wouldnt have been able to break much because apart from Braman, that unit just had some warm bodies. Also, why in the world did it take sooo long for Manning to return a few kicks? He has a knack, that kind of stuff is hard to teach.

17. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

After the Jason Sehorn debacle from a few years back, I don't think a lot of teams are too keen on having key starters on special teams.

18. texanhead08

texanhead08 Hall of Fame

You can't blame the Texans for that Manning is too important to the defense to risk losing him on special teams.

19. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I'm sorry but fans burning your jersey on your front yard is not just fan criticism. That's what happened to Jacoby and I don't blame him for leaving for that reason.

20. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

Never happened...
    http://blog.chron.com/ultimatetexans/2012/01/disheartened-jacoby-jones-apologizes-for-mistake/

Jones needed a change, just like Brad Lidge did - although Jones didn't (and still hasn't) shown nearly the ability that Lidge did.

I've got no problem with his playoff success in Baltimore, and I don't care if he goes on to be the next Jerry Rice - he needed to be somewhere other than Houston. The only problem I have with him telling that to the Texans is they should have beat him to the punch.