Joey Porter is an *****

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by gtexan02, Jan 16, 2006.

1. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Thats all I can say about this fool. First with the comments about how Peyton and Colts are cheaters, and now this:

"When they did that, they really want Peyton Manning and these guys to win the Super Bowl. They are just going to straight take it for them. I felt that they were like 'We don't even care if you know we're cheating. We're cheating for them."

Even if you believe it (it was sort of questionable), let it go. You won the game! Quit whining about EVERYTHING. Sheesh

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs05/news/story?id=2294214

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

PS: The title was a synonym for not intelligent, and not a cuss word, so Im not really sure why it was bleeped. But please don't think Im here cussing in titles and everything. Not my style! :)

3. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

He is free to whine, but there is a check and balance for that and I am sure he will be fined. Football is an emotional game, but those emotions can cost you the game or money if not checked.

4. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Players are people, too...so they have just as much of a chance as the rest of us to be fools. ;)

5. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

I'm sure you don't like what he said, but I'm sure the guys in his lockeroom like it. That is the card the Steelers have played all week.

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

I smell a MAJOR fine in the wind.

7. txhoosier

txhoosier Veteran

players are people...but they are people who...getting paid millions of dollars, are held to a MUCH higher standard of behavior than say...joe schmoe who does not represent his company...nor an entire city, in public...

...and they have more of a chance than the rest of us to act like fools, because the ones who act up have WAY more opportunity to have a mic shoved in their face than anyone.

Before you go complaining that I'm just a bitter Colts fan...I'll give credit where credit is due...Pittsburgh came out and put the beat down on the Colts.

The officiating was HORRIBLE yesterday, on both sides of the ball. Porter needs to shut his &*$^)*!^&#)$*(&^!#)($*&!#$(*&#$()*&(_%^&!#$(_*%&!)(#^$*!&)^#*&$ mouf. (the cursing is me being a bitter Colts fan...LOL)

8. Tale Gator

Tale Gator ________

Refs admit mistake...

NFL: Polamalu overturned interception the wrong call

NEW YORK -- The NFL said the referee made a mistake: Troy Polamalu caught the ball.

The league acknowledged Monday that referee Pete Morelli erred when he overturned on replay Polamalu's interception of a Peyton Manning pass Sunday in the playoff game between Pittsburgh and Indianapolis.

Mike Pereira, the league's vice president of officiating, said in a statement that Morelli should have upheld the call, made with 5:26 left in Pittsburgh's win over the Colts.

link

9. Dime

Dime Hall of Fame

Too bad the refs cant be fined

10. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

What someone gets paid is irrelevant to their behavior, lifestyle, dress, or whatever. This is about one of the lamest takes in sports, IMO. If you have beef with what was said about the refs (which by the way should be fined heavily) that's cool. But don't act like what he said was out of line or unjustified. Yes, they won but the NFL doesn't admit to this mistake if the Steelers lose. You can bet your bottom dollar on that. And yes, you are a bitter Colts fan! BTW, how does it feel to win 14 games and be on the sidelines watching with the Texans? *lmao*

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

IMHO, this is one of the fundamental problems in our society. Why do we hold these guys up to a higher standard? They are entertainers, first and foremost. No different than overpaid actors, rock stars, or anyone else for that matter.

But we, the people, are fools to hold these guys up to any higher standards just because they can catch or throw a football. What about being a professional jock makes them above any one of us? Money? Fame? If these are the only qualifications, we are truly one shallow society.

Entertain me, but don't raise my kid. That's my job. :)

12. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I agree with Joey Porter, after watching the game it really looked like the refs wanted Indy to win and its even more beleiveable after watching the NFL kiss the feet of Dungy and Manning all season long. You can call him a whiny baby or w/e you want but just remember the Rockets last summer and how we felt when our team lost because of a bunch of contreversial calls

13. Napa Auto Parts

Napa Auto Parts Hall of Fame

I dont blame Porter for his reaction it seems like they were going againts the Colts and the Refs the refs tried hard to give that game to the Colts.:twocents:

14. txhoosier

txhoosier Veteran

who said anything about raising your kid? If you think that this is one of the fundamental problems in our society, you need to read the newspaper a little more often. There are some REALLY bad things going down around the world, bro. Personally...I think that people who fail to take responsibility for their actions is one of the biggest fundamental problems in our society. But that's not my fault...LOL.

When he takes the mic...he represents his company, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the parent company, the NFL, and the city of Pittsburgh. Similar to an executive who would represent a company in front of the media, he needs to learn how to speak without making himself look like an !d!0t, his company look bad for hiring an !d!0t, and the city for having to deal with such an !d!0t.

The fines from the NFL will support what I say here. You are taking things WAAAAY out of context.

15. OzzO

OzzO .. and then?

Quality. What's bad is they made some odd call like his knee wasn't on the ground when the ball popped out.. amazing thing is his entire body was when he caught it.

Wonder what if the Colts would've won based off that miss call, since the Steelers probably would've taken more time off the clock and more momentum at that point. Would we still have gotten a "hey, my bad" response from the nfl and refs?

16. txhoosier

txhoosier Veteran

So..what is it? Is it something that he should be fined for? Or is it something that is in-line and justified? You contradict yourself in back to back sentences!!! LOLAY!!!
    More contradiction...you call me a "bitter fan", then follow up that statement with your own bitterness.

You are a good poster...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

17. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

can anyone say jeff van gundy? :homer:

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

I think Porter should be fined. But to put it in perspective, and not making light of the this Colt fan's chagrin, but Porter is the type of guy we need on our defense.

19. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

If you can't understand English, there is no contradiction, you just don't understand English. And i'm not a good poster, i'm a great one! :)

20. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Actually, I think they do get fined for the blown calls. Can't remember, think it was NFL Networks, but the head of Reffs said something about it.