Joe Pendry

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by beerlover, Sep 27, 2008.

1. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

anyone notice Joe Pendry is on Nick Sabin's staff? interesting how some coaches best fit is College. looks like he's found a home. congrats on a great game whipping up on #3 Gerogia http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/pendry_joe00.html oh yeah he's got a pretty good OL led by Andre Smith, looks like a top 10 pick I would probably project him to LG in the pros but depends on the system could also fit @ RT or LT in a power running game like Bama uses.

2. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

I like Pendry ..... Over there.

I wonder how much of that OL is Pendry and how much is Saban .... Saban has had some real solid lines in the past. Both offensive and defensive.

3. painekiller

painekiller Hall of Fame

Sabin is a DB coach by trade, and a danged good one. He also delegates very well hence the old guys like Pendry.

4. kastofsna

kastofsna Hall of Fame

just not at the pro level

5. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

before Capers fired Palmer, Pendry held the same title with the Texans - Assistant Head Coach/Offensive Line then took over OC duties. always thought he was an offensive lines coach first.

bama had the #1 recruiting class in the nation last year & alot of them are making waves already, so they're young, talented now well coached. the OL are all either Jr's or SR's with highly recruited back-ups waiting in the wings. I loved how they ran the ball to the left side behind Andre Smith, Georgia simply had no adjustment that opened up play action & the offense looked unstoppable. I never saw that mixture when Pendry was with the Texans nor today with Kubiak/shanahan but I would like to see them try & dominate over the left side, establish the trenches then open up playaction with Matt rolling out & taking some deep shots down the field or taking whats available.

6. YoungTexanFan

YoungTexanFan Hall of Fame

I don't really care about Pendry, but talking about Alabama's recruiting class: Julio Jones is a top 10 pick when he declares. Wow is that guy built and good.