JJ treatment

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texanmike02, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/5964070.html

Just figured I'd put it out there. Haven't seen it posted but it actually looks like a good idea. Maybe making him conscious of it 24/7 will get it through his head to not stick that chickenwing out. I believe in creative coaching, and this certainly makes him take "ownership" of the ball, rather than it being an accessory. I used to do a similar drill with my kids

Mike

2. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

It also serves as a form of consequence (show of subordination with some personal public accountability mixed with "public" embarassment). sort of like the Scarlet Letter. I would believe it also should send a clear message that his next "stop" on this trip is most likely the bench followed by the door.

3. barrett

barrett Hall of Fame

did you see Ryans nock it out right in the middle of the interview? maybe he'll get it, maybe he won't.

4. PapaL

PapaL Loose Screw

Umm did you tuck your kids in your arm as not to forget them?

5. Texanmike02

Texanmike02 Site Contributor

LMAO.

No, soccer, at practice give each one of them a ball, if you get your ball kicked away, its a lap. When we run drills or whatever, there is a safe zone that you leave it in. Just makes kids aware that on the field even when they don't see someone in front of them, there may be someone behind them ready to poke the ball out.

Mike