Jim Kelly's son, Hunter, Passes away

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by JDizzle, Aug 5, 2005.

1. JDizzle

JDizzle I'm a dude

If you remember, Jim use to talk about his son's condition all the time back in the day. Unfortunately, he passed away this morning at the age of 8.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050805/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_obit_hunter_kelly

2. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

That is very sad!! Being a long time Jim Kelley fan, I remember all to well the agony they went through when Hunter was first diagnosed. My thoughts and prayers will be with them through this very difficult time.

Cord blood transplants were not that common eight years ago. A lot of research has been done, and is still in progress, over the benefits of this process. These days, parents can save cord blood from their babies and have it "stored." Unfortunately, it was not a common practice when Hunter was born. It is still mostly done in University (teaching) hospitals. Not that common in rural or smaller hospitals. I work in a facility where we deliver approximately 200 babies a month, and I see it done maybe twice a year. Maybe Jim can do something to help get the word out as to the benefits of this procedure. I sure hope so!!

3. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

I always loved that speech.

4. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Wow! Me too!

5. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

That is so disheartening to read about his son's death today. His son seemed to be his inspiration. Can't even imagine the hurt the Kelly family is going thru now.
    It must be the hardest thing in the world when parents have to bury their children, instead of the other way around.

6. nflnutswife

nflnutswife Hall of Fame

Nothing worse than losing a child, expededly or otherwise. God granted them the gift to care for HIS child (a special privilage) for over 8 years. Our angel was with us for 6 years before he took her home. My heart and prayers go out to Jim & Jill.

7. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

My God bless Jim and Jill. My thoughts and prayers go out to them.

8. mike moffat

mike moffat Hall of Fame

This really puts life in prospective. What's really important. Hunter is now in the hands of God. Not a better place to be. I feel for the family, but, am inspired to be happy for Hunter.