Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jets vs Steelers Gameday thread

If your talking about me... I never said that Matt was~ to Roethlisberger. Of course Ben is the better QB. I just tried to compare the two QB's career. Ben has always had a top 3 defense. and Matt has for the most part had bottom 5 defenses. Yes, Ben makes huge plays many times but he also wins games when he had no business winning games because of his defense. The defense and the running game pretty much won this game for the Steelers today. Ben only threw for 133 yards and had two picks.

And before you try to paint me as a Ben Hater, I will tell you that I am not. Ben is a great talent and is extremely clutch. But he has been blessed with pretty much the best defense since he has been in the league. Just look at the steelers of last year. The defense suffered in the second half of the season and Ben struggled. He had to put the team on his back and he couldn't.

I dont know if it was you or not who said it, don't really care either, but just saying. Obviously each to our own but I would take Roethlisberger ahead of Schaub. Again, each to our own, and that's ok. Not saying you(or anyone else) is wrong. :) Not meant to be a knock on Schaub either.

Fox's coverage was WAY better than CBS. We didn't get any locker room interviews with CBS. Fox had like 40 minutes of coverage after the game was over.

I dont know if it was you or not who said it, don't really care either, but just saying. Obviously each to our own but I would take Roethlisberger ahead of Schaub. Again, each to our own, and that's ok. Not saying you(or anyone else) is wrong. :)

Nevermind, I got you mixed up with another poster...:handshake:

Rex looked so sad. About ready to cry, ha!

Anyhow, Rex Ryan:

Proud of our team. Heck of a season. Came up short obviously like last year. Proud of our guys. Played good half, not a good game. Give Pittsburgh credit. Thought we were gonna win. 1st time our D didnt respond. Disappointment for us. Proud of our team. Not many teams could go through what we went through. Goal for next year - it wont change. We'll keep chasing it. People want to criticize us, go ahead but you got no right to.

They did a good job running on us and poor job tackling by us. Technique wasnt good. Credit to Pittsburgh. A real football team there.

Shocked they didnt run. Spread us out 5 wide and expected QB draw. Late on pressure.

Scene in the locker room?

Of course its emotional. Came up short 1 game again. Cuts your heart out. We'll go out at it again next year. You go through the battles we did, no harder 3 games than what we went through. Thought we would win but...It's suppose to hurt. I'll keep swinging. Got youngest player at QB and he'll be one of the best sooner or later. This team will be good for number of years. Looking at next year - we'll try to get it in our staduim but if not, we'll go on the road and try to win it.

AIHu5.gif

That was deeply satisfying. It would have been better if I'd followed them all year long but this was pretty sweet. Watching the Jets go home empty handed is always good stuff. 8th Super Bowl is insane. There's just no other way to spin it. The Steelers are better than everybody else at this in the modern era.

The D:zipit:ll:zipit:s Cowgirls can no longer claim they have more trips to the Superbowl than anyone else?

:splits: THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! WHERE YA AT? THERE YA GO! WHERE YA AT THERE YA GO! PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME! PEANUT BUTTER BUTTER JELLY!....THAT'S RIGHT IT'S PEANUTBUTTER JELLY! PEANUTBUTTERJELLY! PEANUTBUTTERJELLYWITHABASEBALLBAT!:bat: :splits:

:bender:

That would be an awesome game. Packers vs. Steelers. If I had a couple thousand to spare, I'd be at Dallas watching that game. Unfortunately, I don't.

:brando:

I'll be rooting for the Packers.

If you have $300 The Lizzard King and Godell (God I hate that imbecile) will let you stand in the parking lot and watch it on a jumbo-tron. Am I the ONLY one who prays for the resurection of Pete Roselle everytime that dumbass speaks?

Back