Jets, Sanchez agree to five-year deal

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9598902/Jets,-Sanchez-agree-to-five-year-deal-

2. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

We better make him earn his money that first week. I want him to walk away from that game like our first season QB walked away from the SD game.

Wolf likes this.
  3. ubecool454

ubecool454 Hall of Fame

4. 4Texans

4Texans Hall of Fame

Cool! Now with Stafford and Sanchez signed, maybe the other #1's will start to sign.

5. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_y...=jc-sanchezcontract061109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

6. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

It's that mentality of his that makes me think he'll be a good QB. The problem with Carr and other busts was work ethic; guys that were great QB's their whole life were shocked when they got to the NFL and realized they weren't good enough. Some were discouraged, some ignored it and kept the lackluster work ethic, and some guys acknowledged they had a lot of work ahead of them and worked their asses off. It's a generalization, but that's one of the things that make or break a young QB with high expectations.

7. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I just can't help but see a right handed Matt Leinart. I'm just not too sure that in any other draft, then this weak QB class one, that we'd see Sanchez drafted this high. Then again, I'm not sold on Stafford either so, that's not saying much coming from me.

8. mexican_texan

I think the difference there is Leinart isn't as commited to football. I've yet to hear anything about wild parties or Paris Hilton from Sanchez, and he was a star QB at USC.

9. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

I hate the pay scales of the NFL, how can a guy yet to do anything in the NFL become a teams highest ever paid player.....

My vote is for Sanchez being decidedly average.

10. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

In the next CBA, that's something they're going to iron out.........even if it takes a lockout year to get it done. I serously think the owners are ready to go that far to get rid of those rediculous rookie contracts.

11. mexican_texan

Actually, looks like that may be up for the CBA after next. Right now, the players supposedly will focus on making the owners making their books public so they can't just say "we can't pay you, the organization is losing money" and have nothing to back it up.

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

like winston said on the radio (and i agree with him)

its the owners fault its like this in the first place- they're the ones handing out the ridiculous contracts yr after yr. the NFLPA arent going around asking for them. now they're saying they're losing money and they want the nflpa to sort out the mess they created by introducing a payscale