Jets release Ty Law and Jason Fabini...

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texan279, Feb 22, 2006.

1. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

per www.kffl.com

Jets | Law released
    Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:13:58 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have released CB Ty Law.

Jets | Fabini released
    Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:12:26 -0800

Randy Lange, of the Bergen Record, reports the New York Jets have released OT Jason Fabini.

2. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I don't know how much money he would command, but I would like him to come to the Texans. Yes he may be kind of old, but who would rather have had last season? Aaron Glenn, who is also old, or Buchanan? Would you rather have Ty Law or Buchanan/Faggins? He would also provide some leadership. I think he might want too much money, but if not, I think he's worth a shot.

I don't know if the move cutting him along with other veterans means that John Abraham will be signed to a longer contract. I guess time will tell.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/02/22/bc.fbn.jetscuts.ap/index.html

3. C-Note

C-Note Rookie

Man I would take the chance on him! He has gotten a little heavy though. I love and would welcome him he could team Robinson and make him better. That is a bonus for us!

4. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i think he would be the perfect guy to team with d-rob and would add some much needed leadership to this team...however...i beleive he wants to go to a team that has a solid chance of going to the superbowl and is willing to pay him his $10 million signing bonus...both things we're not willing to do

5. C-Note

C-Note Rookie

When he choose to go to the Jets...I hope he was not thinking of going to the superbowl because if he thought so he was crazy!

6. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

I think a lot of teams won't be willing to pay him that much money. Maybe all of them, except for the Redskins who are willing to overpay for anyone. If the teams refuse to pay him that ridiculous amount at his age, then he might have to take a one year contract, with incentives. Hopefully this happens to give the Texans a chance.

7. mancunian

mancunian Daleks Rule

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Irela
    I think Fabini could do a decent job for us here

8. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

I would love to see Ty Law here.

I think he would be a great short-term solution while we groom a young CB that we hopefully take in the draft.

9. sakebomb

sakebomb Hall of Fame

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Jets go to the AFC Championship game the year before he signed with them.

10. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I definitely don't want Ty Law here. Sure he had a lot of picks, but pretty much every other time he covered a receiver he gave up the deep pass. He's lost a step, and hsi stats don't indicate that. Not only that, but he wants to win now, and Texans are rebuilding

11. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

Nope they lost to the Steelers in the divisional round.

Still any team that can win an AFC playoff game is a legitimate contender (who knew this was gonna happen this year)