Jets cut 4

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by Wolf, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/news/story?id=6168598

2. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Woody - injury prone
    Gholston - looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane
    Jenkins - injury prone
    Taylor - actually wouldn't complain if we brought him in for one year only while we transition to the new defense

3. Scooter

Scooter Funky

it's a shame he cant stay on the field, kris jenkins is a bad man when healthy. his career has been 3 healthy seasons, 2 injured, 3 healthy, 2 injured ... i say we follow the trend and offer him a 3 year contract.

no not really. after consecutive surgeries on the same knee, he'd have to come dirt cheap to even garner a look.

4. JimBaker488

JimBaker488 Veteran

Gholstons what, one of the biggst busts in the last 5, even 10 years ?
    Wonder if there's anything there worth taking a chance on, seeing how bad the Texans need 3-4 edge-rushers.
    Say what you want to about Smith-Kubiak, but they haven't missed that bad. Not yet anyway.

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Man... Kris Jenkins.... How mad would Chris Meyers be if we brought him in and he had to practice against him every week

Even if we could only get half a season from the guy, Id go for it. The guy is just dominant at the NT position

6. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Boy is that so tempting. I'd love to have him but rotate in depth quite frequently. Keep him healthy and fresh. Who knows... maybe Meyers would get better during practice being able to go up against someone thats actually good! lol

I hate that Gholston is such a bust. All that potential makes me intruiged. You know he HAAASS to come cheap. Rex Ryan is a smart defensive mind, you woulda thunk he'd be able to figure something out. I kind of want to see what Wade could do with him - probably just end up getting cut before the season starts. :cool:

7. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Dude has only played in 7 games in the last 2 years. Not seeing him or 3 game in 2 years Bob Sanders as legitimate free agent targets. Love to have his talent of old, but too big a risk.

Gholston was a more expensive Antwan Peek and less effective. Both had lots of potential and almost no football instincts (apparently none in Gholston's case). Seriously 6th overall pick with 42 total tackles in 3 years (that would be less than Peek as a rookie) and 0 sacks. WTF?

8. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

According to Schefter, Gholston had an incentive in his contract that if he was to achieve 1 sack or 1 forced fumble it would've triggered a $9 million bump in pay. He didn't get it!

Is that not messed up? Ha. Gholston's probably peeing blood right now from the self inducing blow to the nads

9. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

For real!? Daamn. If I were him I would of talked to the opposing teams' RB before the last game of the season and paid him $100K to fumble.. assuming Gholston even got close for a tackle. LOL

10. infantrycak

infantrycak Mod. Staff Member

Yup - or a fumble recovery. People talk about Okoye being a bust. Gholston is an epic bust.

11. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

How can you have 0 sacks in 3 years? I think I could accidentally not be blocked and get ONE. I mean, Zerokoye has a few, and he is not very good. Nading may have one.

12. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

I'd bring in Gholston in for a tryout, though he would not make the roster.

We could put him next to Okoye to make Amobi look good

13. Rey

Rey Guest

I actually think Amobi will be a good player in our defense...Maybe he never lives up to his draft status, but I think he will be a pretty good rotation player...

14. gg no re

gg no re iggnorent

[​IMG]

:toropalm:

edit: :toropalm: at myself for reposting.

15. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Holy shit. If somebody gave me a contract where I would receive 9 million dollars for a sack, fumble, or fumble recovery, I'd find a way to pull it off.

Even if it involved a "Last boy scouts" scenario. :)

On a serious note though, that's one of the wackiest contract clauses I've ever heard of.

16. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Wow. Talk about a lack of dedication.

17. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

That's what I thought as well. I think the easiest one to get would be a FF.... For 9 million dollars, I'd be breaking peoples arms out there. Hell or you could be a business man and in late season trash time, try to offer 1 million dollars to a opposing offensive player to surrender one of the three. :)

18. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Yet the Jets were able to survive that pick and still win. Credit to Rex Ryan.