Jets Ban Alcohol Sales

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by TEXANS84, Dec 20, 2005.

1. TEXANS84

TEXANS84 Moderator Staff Member

http://www.bergen.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMjEmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY4NDI1OTkmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2

2. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Its good to know the wealthy can still drink. If your going to ban alcholic beverage sales, do it for everybody.

3. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Good for them! :thumbup

I could care less if they stopped serving booze at all sporting events. The level of intoxication is surely related to the rising level of idiocy at any given event.

I'm not a tee-totaller (well, maybe, since I drink once every five years), but I can't stand morons who can't handle their drinking.

4. Ranger

Ranger Veteran

I heard Woody Paige talk about this today on some TV show today, and I thought it was a good idea. He said that they should give each person an arm band or something like that that can be marked to tell how much beer a person has bought and put a limit on the number or beers a person can buy at a game. They can go up to the Concession Stand, buy their beer and then get marked so the beer seller knows exactly how much beer they have bought already and after their 3rd one they are not allowed to buy anymore. Solves the problem and makes the venders happy.

It doesn't matter if you cut the beer off before the game, they will just drink it outside first and then come in and be roudy as ever.

5. cap1

cap1 All Pro

The armband thing wouldn't work. All you have to do is have someone with you who is the DD use their armband to buy other people alcohol.

But I also see where something needs to be done about the drunkenness of some of the fans.

6. Holden135

Holden135 Veteran

I don't see them doing too much in the long run to combat this problem. If you completely ban alcohol in all nfl venues then attendance and especially revenues will drop. Think about it. The charge like $7 a beer and almost all of that is profit. They would be ignorant to stop it. Is what they need to do is make the vendors such as Aramark more aggressive on cutting people off if they have had too much to drink. I doubt wrist bands and the like will work, mainly because most of the drinking is done pre-game and secondly if people wanna drink then they will drink some how.

7. Frills

Frills Veteran

On a related note...there is now a shortage of flasks in NJ and Det.

8. Double Barrel

It depends. If people stop bringing their families (ie. kids, wives, etc.) to football games because of the imbecile actions of drunks, they might have to consider it. Sure a lot of money is made from alchohol sales, but I'd venture that they make a lot of money off of the other sales, too (ie. ice cream, cotton candy, concessions, merchandise, etc.).

Personally, if I brought my son to a game and some drunk doofus started shouting vulgarities and fighting people around him, I'd get him kicked out in heartbeat.

But some folks have to get drunk to have a good time, and honestly, I feel sorry for them for being complete fools.

9. ghostlight

ghostlight All Pro

Double Barrel you are right on the mark.

10. swisher

swisher Old School

and you would have to be to pay $7 for a beer.

11. Holden135

Holden135 Veteran

You guys act like nfl games are as bad as soccer games in europe. It's not like people are rioting in the stands. Now i can't speak for those yankee's in new york/jersey but i see plenty of people drinking at sporting events (Rockets, Astros, Texans) and i personally have never seen an incident. Im sure there are some but i really don't think it is an epidemic. And for the people that don't want to bring their family because of the environment, there are 10 other people who would be glad to take their spot.

12. Double Barrel

I see it almost every game, both in the stands and in the parking lot. I do a lot of people watching, though, so maybe my gaze just happens to catch these incidents.

Not this season. You'd have to ask at least 10 people before finding someone to take a FREE ticket. (guess 2-12 will do that to some fairweather fans, 'eh?)

I'd say at least 50% of the stadium was empty last game, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it with fewer people at tomorrow's game.

13. Holden135

Holden135 Veteran

Yea your right about the half filled stadium. I was pertaining to a game in Jets or Giants stadium, they fill up whether or not their team is in the running.