Jerry Rice to the Broncos?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by texan279, May 18, 2005.

1. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Broncos | Looking to Sign Rice? - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 18 May 2005 16:35:07 -0700

Adam Schefter, reports for NFL.com, the Denver Broncos are strongly considering signing free agent WR Jerry Rice (Seahawks). Rice and Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan were scheduled to talk at some point in the past 24 hours. Shanahan also had preliminary talks this weekend with Rice's agent, Jim Steiner. The Broncos see Rice as another mentor to their young wide receivers.

2. AndroidRaider24

AndroidRaider24 Rookie

Dont Do it Jerry. :(

3. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

I also heard Rice to the Bucs, wouldn't mind him teach Clayton how to become the next #1 WR in the league.

4. AndroidRaider24

AndroidRaider24 Rookie

Tim Brown already did that.

5. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

I am hearing on my other site i post on that Rice to Denver might actually happen. Doesnt Denver have 3 pretty good WR if i am not mistaken?

6. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

One is very good, but real old (Smith). One is pretty young , but VERY inconsistant (Lielie sp) and a young 1 year guy. I listen to sports radio out of Denver, and based on what they are saying, it sounds like Shanahan is really trying to get Rice to Denver.

7. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

Darious Miles is the other 1 isnt he. Lelie, Smith& Miles right

8. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Yup, I think that is it.

9. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

When miles was in college i heard he was just as good as Moss. I think the Broncos have 3 good WR. Other than RB strongest part of the team

10. texan279

texan279 Hall of Fame

Broncos | Rice Deal could be Forthcoming - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 19 May 2005 16:43:15 -0700

Updating a previous story, the Associated Press reports agent Jim Steiner told the Associated Press Thursday. May 19 free agent WR Jerry Rice (Seahawks) and Denver Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan had an "excellent conversation." Steiner said again Rice is willing to play as a backup in Denver. The agent said there was no time pressure to get anything done with the Broncos, but if a deal was going to be reached, he thinks it will be "forthcoming soon."

11. awtysst

awtysst Draft Guru

I agree. The best place for Rice is...Detroit! Thats right! Think about it.
    Mike and Roy Williams,Charles Rogers,Kevin Johnson, and Jerry Rice they could put together a 5 man receiver set! Throw in Pollard and you have a 6 receiver set! Then they can set all of them up on one side of the field and have them all run the same route. That way Harrington just has to throw the ball in one direction and has a chance at completing more passes!

What do yall think?! :homer:

12. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

Close

Darius Watts from Marshall

13. Davis37

Davis37 All Pro

that would b hard 2 do, considering that if u have a 6 reciever formation, then u have 12 people on the field. Also, u have to have 1 reciever (or TE) on the LOS on both sides of the ball. The OT cant be the last man on the line on either side.

14. Texan Dave

Texan Dave Veteran

I think the 12 people on the feild was part of the joke. As for as the whole OT thingy goes, as long as their are 7 men on the line of scrimage, yes you can. He also will have to be declaired as an elegible reciever, due to the fact that the rule is that the last man on the line on either side is an elegible reciever, and will have to wear certain numbers unless declaired elegible. The only person on the whole feild who can't be manipulated to be elegible for a pass is the person snaping the ball.

15. royce1054

royce1054 All Pro

I knew it was something like that.... when he was coming out of Marshall wasnt he suspouse 2 be just like Moss or if not better than moss. Now he stuck as a #3 WR on the Broncos what bad luck. Maybe when Smith leaves Watts will then become the #1 WR and we can see what he can do.