Jerry Jones' method is madness

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by CloakNNNdagger, Sep 22, 2010.

1. CloakNNNdagger

CloakNNNdagger Site Contributor

Another chapter of "Jerrah is good for the NFL............not so good for the Cowboys"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LINK

2. GP

GP Go Texans!

Colonel Tom Parker.

The best, and worst, thing to have ever happened to Elvis Presley.

Jerry is showing signs of forgetting what the big pitcure is: Football.

Just as Tom Parker eventually had Elvis doing so many things, other than the real important thing (music), so is Jones forgetting that football wins (not attractions) will end up paying the bills and creating future revenue.

What's funny is that you can win a few Super Bowls, grab a market of viewers and make them loyal to you, and essentially stay at the bottom for a very long time...and never really see a decline in revenue or fan interest.

THAT is the power of winning Super Bowls, my friends.

3. Wolf6151

Wolf6151 Hall of Fame

Jerry Jones is the next Al Davis of the NFL, a retarded old owner who can't get out of his own way. The Cowboys will turn into a joke like the Raiders have.

4. TheCD

TheCD All Pro

Call me naive, but what is wrong with a team practicing in their stadium rather than a designated practice facility?

As a coach I would want at least a couple of practices a week (even if one of them is just a walk-through) to be held in the stadium for sake of the consistency of play. In psychology we call it "state-dependent learning". What this means is that the environment that you learn something in is going to give you the greatest chance of recalling it (it's a common test-taking strategy, e.g. taking a test in the same seat you take notes).

If I were an owner I would want as many practices to be held in the stadium as possible without compromising the quality of the field on gameday. Maybe I'm crazy, though...