Jerome Solomon's article today

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Nov 3, 2010.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/solomon/7276308.html

I think he put alot of things in perspective here. All is not lost but we gotta do something quick to keep our head above water.

2. Blake

Blake MMQB

The NYJ's made the AFC Championship game last year. The Steelers won 4 games without their star QB, and lost to last years SuperBowl Champs.

The Texans havent done anything to give us hope.

Apples and Oranges.

Showtime100 likes this.
  3. beerlover

beerlover Site Contributor

keep grounded, yada yada yada I get it but when you write "At 4-3, Houston isn’t nearly as desperate as the 3-5 Chargers". it makes my skin crawl :kubepalm: I mean when do we (Texans) become desperate :rake:

4. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

Comparison may be weak but it's very true. I know we didn't sweep The Colts but alot of people here said they could live with splitting with Indy and how that could help us win the division before the season started. We need to find a prediction a prediction thread dated before 09-12-2010 to see what people had us at this point. I bet we will find many people who said 4-3 at very least or very worse. We just missed out on sweeping Indy. And as he said, it was still a winnable game.

Looking back, I tell you what's the game that hurts us the most. Sadly, the Dallas game. We lossed to a then 0-2 Dallas team and now at 1-6 we are their only win. A win vs. them and we would currently be 5-2 without having to beat Indy.

5. machineo

machineo Rookie

Solomon as the voice of reason? Does not suit him.

6. BullNation4Life

BullNation4Life Hall of Fame

Just a reminder, the last 2 teams that were desperate for a win (Cowpukes and Giants), blew the Texans out in their own stadium...

What makes SD any different. Everybody know the Texans are the team you play to spark your season....

7. IDEXAN

IDEXAN Hall of Fame

Disagree, Solomon writes some good stuff and he frequently scores some solid points. Plus I think he's probably got some real reliable sources for his articles.

8. BigBull17

BigBull17 Hall of Fame

It would be different if we hadn't thrown away a golden opportunity to sweep them, but we did. We had a dim witted game plan and blew it. I don't want to hear anymore "its our time to over take the Colts" talk when you aren't game planning to win.

TexansWest likes this.

9. Showtime100

Showtime100 Got AJ?

Badda bing badda boom.

BTW, I went to Jr High with Soloman and played on the same basketball team with him. The mf'er stole my sweatbands and can't write to save himself.

10. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

This. There is no comparison. These teams he mentions have accomplished something. Our team has not and so it's a little bit disingenuous to compare our "bad day" with their bad days.

We do this on a regular basis. Nice attempt at spin from Jerome though. I think he just likes taking the opposing view from the fans at any given time.

11. HTown2ATX

HTown2ATX TexansMetalhead

Get 'em!

:bat:

:)

12. TexansWest

TexansWest Rookie

Couldn't agree more. Rep to you!!!

13. TexanBacker93

TexanBacker93 Hall of Fame

The Colts were probably playing with some desperation also. They already have 2 division losses and couldn't afford to be swept by us. They still have to play the Titans twice. You have to win this division to get into the playoffs this year. As long as we can face a team that doesn't care about winning the game we should be ok.

When can we face ourselves?