Jerome Solomon is a troll

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by the wonger need food, Jul 17, 2007.

1. the wonger need food

the wonger need food Hall of Fame

2. DBCooper

DBCooper Outlaw

drivel

3. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

I wouldn't give him the satisfaction that I actually read his tripe. Like "The General", he's clearly just another closet Cowgirl lover. The Chronic has to have the worst sportspage in a major league city newspaper.

4. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

I will never read another article written by that person. That is a cold, callous, unnecessary, and selfish (just trying to get noticed more) article. Yes, McNair is a classy owner, and doesn't deserve to have this CRAP in the newspaper of the town he is trying his best to bring good football back to.

It takes a lot of guts to kick your friends when they're down, just to get noticed. Jerk.

5. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

who cares.

6. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

I'm all for people having their own opinion about the Texans. And he is right, in our short history we have not had much success. But I cannot imagine what could be his motivation to write such a piece. I mean, what was going through his head when he sat down and decided to write about "how big of losers the Texans are" in the Houston newspaper. And shame on the Chronicle for publishing such a piece.

7. Spike

Spike Veteran

The most frustrating thing is that there is simply no good football coverage in this town. For what ever reason, I think that the coverage on the Astros and Rockets is pretty good...but our football coverage is just horrible. I've never understand why the most respected football writer for the paper doesn't cover the home team...and put the other hacks on the rest of the league.

We are about a week a way from training camp starting and this is what the Chronic has to write about the city's team? I am not saying that we have to write fluff peices about how great the organization is...but there are certainly real football stories that should be written about the team, the players, position battles, player progress, injury reports, etc.

8. Goldensilence

Goldensilence hipster elite

I think a move to Dallas is in order for Jerome.

Seriously a 5 year expansion franchise who got shafted on it's expansion deal most likely because it wasn't the L.A. market whom the NFL so desperately wants.

Come on Jerome how about some real reporting instead of this drivel. How about what X player does to improve in the offseason.Maybe an interview of our new QB. or what everyone here on this MB wnats...Charles Spencer updates!

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Anyone else have a problem with the link??

Anyway, I didnt need to read it. The next time Soloman writes a good article - it will be the first. I quit reading this guy a while back...

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

McClain does cover the Texans...between acting gigs. I'm not sure what McClain does to earn so much "respect". Maybe that he is able to keep his job for so long? Read the NFL coverage in other NFL cities, and tell me that the General isn't one of the worst writers covering the league.

11. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

Maybe it's due to his nose being permanently brown from being crammed up so many people's garbage chutes. They're all hypocrites. Fire them all and start over with new college graduates who are actually eager to report.:bat:

12. Texan_Bill

Amen!!! How refreshing that would be!!!

13. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

Very negative article with little to no insight or value. I agree that the Texans have been losers and have been embarassing in some of their decisions, but negative pieces like this have no business in the Chronicle.

As for his comments on Moon. WTF!!! Moon was one of the biggest chokers in NFL history. He abused woman both physically and emotionally and not just his wife. I never liked that guy and he was pathetic in crunch time. So if Solomon wants to champion losers like Moon he can take his article about 'losers' and shove it up his arse.

14. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

For a change, I have to agree with the majority here. I read it this morning over breakfast, and nearly choked on my Cherios. I am not one to enjoy homer pieces either, but this one was unneccessarily negative and callous. If he wanted to write an article on WHY the Texans have not had much success, and their prospects on turning those fortunes around, I would have been receptive to that. You know, some real analysis. But, this was nothing but a hit piece piling on with no analysis or insite whatsoever. The only thing that piece was good for was lining the bird cage because it was full of crap anyway. :devilpig:

15. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

I think most of what he said is true. I don't like that he felt he had to post it. Seems almost as if he was playing to a non-Texans crowd. Yet the Texans are a losing team. I know it is semantics but I think you can lose and not be a "loser". I disagee with him saying fans talk of the team as stinking and always will. If anything most fans are very forgiving and supportive. I also think it is sort of like having a dopey family member; I can make fun of him but you can't. I think a case can be made (and has on other threads) that this team can make great strides this season or be a repeat of last year. I choose to be optimistic with caution.

16. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

The final insult was that he also called the fans losers. That was the tipping point for me. He is a jerk as far as I am concerned.

From his column:

Their owner is considered a class act. Their organization is respected and applauded. Their facility is among the best in the league. Their fans were rabid and loyal before the team even had a nickname.

But they're all losers — maybe not the biggest, but losers just the same.

17. Texan_Bill

I finally got in and was able to read the... well whatever it was 'cause I dont want to call it an article... I posted this:

18. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

I couldn't get the link to work, but just from reading some of the posts in this thread made me angry anyway. Especially the part about being called a loser. I believe we should start a petition to have the Chronical sportswriters resign. Who is with me?

19. dannyboy

dannyboy Rookie

Saying "Vinggie" aloud sounds quite silly.

20. Tedc

Tedc Hardheaded

His articles are only good when you are on the throne and run out of TP.

Shaft75 likes this.