Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jerome nominated 2nd Week in a row

MorKnolle

All Pro
I'm not sure why Heath Miller is winning when Barber put up far superior numbers. Orton also won last week with a less-than-impressive day.

Vinny

shiny happy fan
More people saw Miller on MNF than did Barber on Sunday. Miller is a difference maker.

Blake

MMQB
Vinny said:
More people saw Miller on MNF than did Barber on Sunday. Miller is a difference maker.
Good point. I think if both games got equal viewers, then Barber would be up top. That guy had a great game.

Vinny said:
ya...those tight ends...

3 receptions, 2 td's, who needs that kind of production from an offense? [/scarcasim]

LENORD POPE IN THE SECOND THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
He's already in our record books for first kickoff return TD. :thumbup

Shoot, it only took four seasons to get one!

I am sorry, but voting a guy rookie of the week takes more than one reception and solid kickoff returns. He needs to be a starter that impacts the game and is worthy of highlights. The return for a TD was great, but it came with a loss. One reception for a TD is not enough to attract voters. If he runs back a KO for a TD and has 7-9 receptions with a TD then that is different.

Texas

Veteran
When those Kick Returns make as much of a impact on a game as his did it does mean that much to a team. We cant seem to cross the 50 yard line but he made it happen on his own almost every time and damn close the other times. Im suprised he only has 2% votes but then again his name does have the word texans next to it and most people in the league despise us and would never vote for a rookie of the week on a losing team.

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
Texas said:
When those Kick Returns make as much of a impact on a game as his did it does mean that much to a team. We cant seem to cross the 50 yard line but he made it happen on his own almost every time and damn close the other times. Im suprised he only has 2% votes but then again his name does have the word texans next to it and most people in the league despise us and would never vote for a rookie of the week on a losing team.
Yes, but we Texans know what he is worth and indeed he is making a big difference since getting back on the field. In fact I think our improvement correlates to when he returned to the field. Take a look I think you will find I'm right. We were getting no field position until he returned to the lineup and that's what its all about. Its hard to go the length of the field. Just too many things can go wrong. Short drives are always much more successful percentage wise.

Double Barrel

Texans Talk Admin
Staff member
Contributor's Club
No way, you guys are way off. Chad Stanley is our MVP. :heh: (shoot, he's our best offensive weapon! ;) )

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
This is a really cool link if you are a stat freak:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/teameff.php

Some interesting things to point out....

Even tho our offense and defense are at the bottom of the league, it has our special teams listed at number 3. WTG Coach Joe, Mathis and the rest of the guys.

And as a side note, not particular to this thread but very interesting if you are a Texans fan, the Texans schedule so far this year is 5th hardest in the league, but for the rest of the year, it is currently rated 23rd hardest. (The Colts I might add had the 31st hardest schedule so far, but will go to 8th hardest by the end of the season--so I am thinking the 1972 Dolphins alums will have little to worry about).

With the young and new players getting used to playing together, and maybe getting our better players healthy again, it would be non-surprising if we start to see some more competitive games. Especially if our special teams continues to shine.

I don't care about draft position. It is just one of the bestest feelings leaving the stadium after a win.:texflag:

Texans_Chick

Utopian Dreamer
LCROD said:
Good article about Mathis, AFC Special Team Player of the Week, and our ST production:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-texans-fastmathis&prov=ap&type=lgns

Thanks for the link.

Interesting quote:

"In a season of disappointments, the diminutive playmaker has been a much-needed bright spot."

You would think that the dude was positively tiny given that statement--5'11"/191 isn't exactly the Spud Webb of the NFL.

Now if the guy wanted to call JJ Moses diminutive, I could buy that.

rmartin65

Phil Kessel: Nice Guy. Tries Hard.
Texans_Chick said:
Thanks for the link.

Interesting quote:

"In a season of disappointments, the diminutive playmaker has been a much-needed bright spot."

You would think that the dude was positively tiny given that statement--5'11"/191 isn't exactly the Spud Webb of the NFL.

Now if the guy wanted to call JJ Moses diminutive, I could buy that.
Mathis is a good height for a speedy WR.