Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jeremiah Johnson to backup Foster

small nizzle

Practice Squad
why was this guy cut? slaton is not an acceptable backup. ward looks to be done. What if foster goes down? What about the 5-10 carries slaton wastes that could goto a younger healthier back?

We all blew off foster last year because of his injury and practice squad title, we liked slaton for awhile ,then kubiak puts in cris brown, we all got surprised by foster. Why not give the guy a shot ? Its been 4 weeks from his injury to heal.

why was this guy cut? slaton is not an acceptable backup. ward looks to be done. What if foster goes down? What about the 5-10 carries slaton wastes that could goto a younger healthier back?

We all blew off foster last year because of his injury and practice squad title, we liked slaton for awhile ,then kubiak puts in cris brown, we all got surprised by foster. Why not give the guy a shot ? Its been 4 weeks from his injury to heal.

Jeremiah Johnson wasn't cut. He's on the PUP due to an injury.

Jeremiah Johnson dislocated his toe. He's not playing for anybody right now and can't back up Foster (though he's arguably got the potential to be an upgrade over Steve Slaton considering what we've gotten out of him recently).

I don't know if he was released with an injury settlement or what. It's like he vanished into thin air and I didn't get that. He was easily our second best RB in preseason and seems to have a really good feel for running in this scheme.

I am wondering too where is he on a possible addition back to the team and how the toe was coming along. I think he did a nice return in preseason, I know it was preseason but still, he may be able to get Slaton out of the #2 spot at relieving Foster and start doing the kick offs too. I am correct on the kick off return in preseason? Does anyone else remember?

Slaton needs to be off the field for good.

He needs to be cut next year and we need to have another kick returner and we need to have another #2 RB. He may go on to do good things with another club, but his time here looks like it's done. He looks like he can't make anybody miss, and he's always running into piles of bodies.

I've seen this from too many Texans players before. I don't have a specific name for it, but I can spot it from a mile away.

Happy trails Steve.

I am wondering too where is he on a possible addition back to the team and how the toe was coming along. I think he did a nice return in preseason, I know it was preseason but still, he may be able to get Slaton out of the #2 spot at relieving Foster and start doing the kick offs too. I am correct on the kick off return in preseason? Does anyone else remember?
I look for Trindon Holliday to be returning and Tate to be your alternate back.

Texans September 4: Signed RB Derrick Ward. Released RB Chris Henry, RB Jeremiah Johnson K Kris Brown, CB Jacques Reeves, QB John David Booty, FB Jack Corcoran, TE Derek Fine, LB Isaiah Greenhouse, LB Will Patterson, OL Brett Helms, OL Steve Maneri, OL Cole Pemberton, OL Adam Stenavich, OL Chris White, WR Derrick Townsel, WR Bobby Williams, DL DelJuan Robinson, DL Malcolm Sheppard, DL Mitch Unrein, CB Mark Parson and S Torri Williams. Placed WR Andre Davis on injured reserve. Placed TE Anthony Hill on the physically unable to perform list. Waived DB Ray Fisher, DB Danny Gorrer, DB Ashton Hall, DB Terrail Lambert, DB Mike Newton, DB Glenn Sharpe, DB Terrell Skinner, WR Sam Giguere, WR Brandon James, WR Taj Smith, WR Blair White, OL Chris Marinelli, OL Adrian Martinez, OL Adam Terry, OL James Williams, DL Ervin Baldwin, DL John Chick, DL Marlon Favorite, RB Javarris James, RB Allen Patrick, QB Tom Brandstater, TE Colin Cloherty and LB Vuna Tuihalamaka.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=12504

This thread title needs to be edited ASAP as it reads as "breaking news."

Not only is he not going to back up Foster, he's not even on the damn team.

He needs to be cut next year and we need to have another kick returner and we need to have another #2 RB. He may go on to do good things with another club, but his time here looks like it's done. He looks like he can't make anybody miss, and he's always running into piles of bodies.

I've seen this from too many Texans players before. I don't have a specific name for it, but I can spot it from a mile away.

Happy trails Steve.

Here's a possible name for it: Pile-driving.

Definition: Running into a pile, effectively ending a play short of the line of scrimmage. See: Steve Slaton.

I agree with Mailman. The title is misleading. I saw the title and said "WTF, did they sign him this morning or something?"

Happy trails Steve.

I egree, he's a shell of himself from 2008 and looks totally out of place on KO returns. If you can call it that.

I have donated before yet mine isn't green. Is it just for the month you donated or what? :foottap:

Reinforcement of above statements:

Texans waive/injured RB Jeremiah JohnsonJeremiah Johnson - RB - Houston TexansMore team newsSept. 3, 2010 - 11:50 PM ET
Texans waived/injured RB Jeremiah Johnson (dislocated toe).

The plan is to work out a settlement and re-sign him to the practice squad. A highly impressive preseason performer, Johnson has been unable to stay healthy through two training camps. He missed all of his first season with a shoulder injury, and the injuries may increase the chances he clears waivers.

Source: Houston Chronicle

I have donated before yet mine isn't green. Is it just for the month you donated or what? :foottap:

I donated $50 one time, and never got turned green.

Call me a turd, but that's why I don't contribute. Doesn't feel too swell to shell out $50 to show your support and then everyone around you is green because they kicked in $10 one time one month.

I figured I would kick in $50 about every 6 months. Seems like a person should kick in $10 a month on a regular basis if they want to be recognized. I know that the main thing is to donate, regardless of being recognized or not...but I still wish my effort had been seen by the rest of the gang.

Glad to know it was not just me who didn't get green'd up on the board here. I thought maybe I had offended Hook 'Em. Just kidding, Kevin. Just kidding...:butterfly:

Call me a turd, but that's why I don't contribute. Doesn't feel too swell to shell out $50 to show your support and then everyone around you is green because they kicked in $10 one time one month.

I figured I would kick in $50 about every 6 months. Seems like a person should kick in $10 a month on a regular basis if they want to be recognized. I know that the main thing is to donate, regardless of being recognized or not...but I still wish my effort had been seen by the rest of the gang.

Glad to know it was not just me who didn't get green'd up on the board here. I thought maybe I had offended Hook 'Em. Just kidding, Kevin. Just kidding...:butterfly:

Count me in as one of the ones who were never given the green treatment. Only donated I believe twice, but no green hurt my feelings. lol. Seriously, though, I had said way back towards the beginning of this process it should have an automatic payment system in place. I may be able to do it through BoA or something, but that's not the point.

Count me in as one of the ones who were never given the green treatment. Only donated I believe twice, but no green hurt my feelings. lol. Seriously, though, I had said way back towards the beginning of this process it should have an automatic payment system in place. I may be able to do it through BoA or something, but that's not the point.

They should turn non-contributors names PINK. LOL. That would motivate people to kick in some cash.

Kevin could make it to where you have to pay $10 to get your name turned from pink to black, another $10 to have the privilege of sporting an avatar, another $10 for the privilege of having a signature at the bottom. The possibilities are limitless! Viva la capitalism!

You can set it up automatically through BoA.... that's how mine is done.

I threw in 20 bucks at on the second day of July, and I never turned green.
Petty, but true. No more green, unless my name turns green.
lol :turtle:

Please tell me you are kidding about the name being green.. If you donate, then take pride in knowing you are supporting this board..and not to have your name in green. Would it matter to me if my name was in black.. not one bit.

I threw in 20 bucks at on the second day of July, and I never turned green.
Petty, but true. No more green, unless my name turns green.
lol :turtle:

I've donated once before too, but I think it's for the continuous contributers. Which I haven't done my share for as much as I've been on here. I'm going to try to change that. *If the wife will let me*

Please tell me you are kidding about the name being green.. If you donate, then take pride in knowing you are supporting this board..and not to have your name in green. Would it matter to me if my name was in black.. not one bit.

Spoken like a fat man sitting at his kitchen table after dinner, picking
his teeth with a toothpick with a belly-full of turkey and dressing, complaining
about how all those "hungry people" need to stop whinin'. Better stated:
"I gots mine."

Really? Complaining because your name didn't turn green? If it really bothers you that much then send a PM to Khari or Hook-em or I-Cak letting them know you donated and when, and maybe they will hook you up. I mean, it's a status symbol right?

I've donated once before too, but I think it's for the continuous contributers. Which I haven't done my share for as much as I've been on here. I'm going to try to change that. *If the wife will let me*

Let her out of the Dutch Oven and she may consider it. :hides:

Mine was in jest. Hence the "lol. Seriously, though..."

When I noticed I said, "wth?!?" And that was the end of it. Haven't thought about it since. Doesn't mean I won't contribute, I haven't done that lately for reasons outside of this site. I's be broke, yo...

Spoken like a fat man sitting at his kitchen table after dinner, picking
his teeth with a toothpick with a belly-full of turkey and dressing, complaining
about how all those "hungry people" need to stop whinin'. Better stated:
"I gots mine."

This made me lol. Mainly because it's true. While I didn't think it was that big of a deal, not even enough to inquire about the guidelines regarding that color change to Hookem or the rest, it is typical that the person who says "so what" wasn't one of the forsaken.

Back