Jeez, some credit where some credit is due?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nero THE zero, Dec 5, 2011.

1. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

Anyone taken a look at the AJC's coverage of our game yesterday?

http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/falcons-fall-back-to-1251124.html
    Dunta on the game:
    http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-b...mplode-vs-texans-and-did-smith-see-same-game/
    Notice, not even a question, not a mention, as to the veracity of the call.

Obviously this is an Atlanta paper and they will and should write to their audience. But, come on. You got beat on the road by a 9-3 team with one of the best defenses and running games in the NFL.

I find this kind of reaction insulting.

2. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

I don't disagree with you, but whatever, ATL.

SCOREBOARD

3. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Meh, don't get too worked up about it. It's an Atlanta "homer" hack. :lion:

4. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

They mad.

5. ChampionTexan

ChampionTexan Site Contributor

This sort of thing seems to have happened to Dunta's teams quite a bit over the course of his career.

6. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Who cares what losers think? Looks like a bunch of excuses to me.

Foster made D.Rob look like a chump on quite a few plays. Considering Robinson's 'specialty' is tackling (as opposed to coverage), I'm really glad he's not a Texan.

7. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I kind of agree with Dunta though. If they don't make the mistakes on the defensive TDs that got called back, we most likely loose. We basically showed that if you screw up against us we will beat you. Our defense won that game though.

8. GP

GP Go Texans!

I like how that one quote talked about how it was absurd for the Falcons head coach, Smith, to compare us to the Packers last year who had 18 guys on injured reserve.

Look, nobody last year thought the Packers would dominate in the playoffs and win the whole thing. A few did, obviously, but hindsight is 20/20 as it always is.

I'm not saying WE are this year's Packers. I'm saying that the person who wrote that Coach Smith shouldn't have compared us to the Packers...that guy should slow down a bit. Anything is possible.

The way this team has found a way to succeed no matter what happens is amazing. Plain and simple.

And Dunta is running his mouth about his own team again. Those guys better watch out, Dunta will turn on them in a heartbeat. We know that all too well around here. When the shit hits the fan, Dunta's there to point fingers and act like he's above rebuke or reproach for it. Same game, obviously.

9. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

Oh well....
    I sense a failure to recognize the truth.
    This....
    ...says we BEAT you.
    :fingergun:

10. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

With all that was involved with that game, I don't really expect much different from an Atlanta paper. I doubt it would have been different if that was Indy, New England, or Pittsburgh.

We ain't nobody yet, they were favored to win on the road for obvious reasons.

I think the game says more about the Houston Texans than the Atlanta Falcons... & their response reflects that. They were supposed to win.

Didn't

but were supposed to.

11. Corrosion

Corrosion Idealist

The Packers didnt have anyone on IR comparable to MW , Schaub or AJ ..... Their best players were on the field when it counted and they made the most of their opportunity.
    Take Aaron Rodgers away from that team and they likely look much like the Dolts.
    The Texans best players are on the sidelines ..... and they are still winning.

12. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

They did make a lot of mistakes. Nobody can deny that or should even try. Ryan overthrew his receivers, was out of sync with them (resulting in the interceptions) and his receivers dropped a lot of balls. If they don't make those mistakes then yes, the Falcons very likely win the game.

But they did make those mistakes and some of them were as a result of what our defense was doing. To deny that would also be wrong.

Additionally 16 games were played this week and in all 16 of them teams made mistakes. Both teams. AJ droppped a pass, so did Jacoby. I remember a near pick that wasn't, I remember a fumble that shouldn't have been called that but nevertheless it was called and so it counts as a mistake. Every team makes mistakes. When their opponent finds a way to capitalize on it they get beat because of their mistakes.

13. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Great post, 'specially the bolded.

14. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

What they don't know is that Dunta is still on our payroll. :fingergun:

Rick did pay 'im this weekend. :)

15. brad77

brad77 Rookie

I have enjoyed this season.It has been nice to see how much depth we have. I see players stepping up like Yates and taking care of business...Of course it is tough to win with multiple super stars sidelined, however, there have never been excuses made by any of our players. I see them come in week in and week out and play the game hard as a TEAM this is what will make us a tough contender down the stretch..

also a quick s/o to the fans...it was so loud in the stadium and that made it tough for the other team as well..

16. Playoffs

Playoffs Subscribed Contributor

:yap:yap:yap ......... :listening:listening:listening

17. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

The worst sports town in America's paper trying to be edgy. Spare me, Atlanta. Go wallow in NFC purgatory.

18. GP

GP Go Texans!

Correct, which is something that author failed to mention. The coach is saying we resemble the Packers of 2010 in regards to injuries...but what the author didn't stop to analyze is the extent to which Smith's comparison is amplified had he just looked it up and compared us and the Packers.

Instead, the author dismisses the coach COMPLETELY for throwing out such an outlandish excuse or claim...when in reality he might have been startled to see that we've been winning without superstars. But, he felt a need to totally berate his team and to build up a straw man and burn it down (with the straw man being us lowly Texans who shouldn't have beaten such a powerful team like the Falcons).