Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jayson Braddock 7 Round Mock Draft - Texans

tomjn80

Waterboy
http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/jayson-braddocks-full-nfl-mock-draft-1st-round-part-1/

16) Houston Texans – TRADE (2017 1st round Pick #25 & 2017 3rd round Pick #89 to the Ravens for 2017 1st round Pick #16) – QB / Patrick Mahomes III / Texas Tech – The Texans don’t have a quarterback under contract after this season. After seeing two of the quarterbacks go off the board in the first six picks, Rick Smith got on the phone with good buddy, Ozzie Newsome and agreed to this trade, if Patrick Mahomes made it to 16. The Texans finally select a quarterback in the first round for the first time since their first ever pick back in 2002 (David Carr). Bill O’Brien gets his young quarterback to mold. Rick Smith has shown in recent years that he’s willing to part with picks if there’s a prospect that the team covets (Will Fuller / Nick Martin / Benardrick McKinney / Jaelen Strong). The Texans get ahead of Washington, who may pick a quarterback and look to trade Kirk Cousins and also prevent Kansas City from jumping ahead of them.

57) Houston Texans – FS / Budda Baker / Washington – After the Texans and Kareem Jackson were dismantled out of the slot by Julian Edelman and the Patriots in the playoffs, Houston realizes that they have to upgrade here. Baker is the perfect fit for that task and also fills the need at safety.

130) Houston Texans – OLB / Avery Moss / Youngstown State

142) Houston Texans – CB / Nate Hairston / Temple

169) Houston Texans – ILB / Matt Milano / Boston College

243) Houston Texans – TE / Colin Jeter / LSU

I could definitely see this happening , said something to the same effect in one of the many QB related threads , rather than sitting at 25 and having one of the QB desperate teams jump ahead of them at 23-24 from the front of round 2 (SF / Chi) , make that move yourself and get your guy - Tho I was thinking you deal with one of the NFC teams between 13-19.

Mahomes / Baker 1-2 I'd be happy .... solves two big needs , now find me a starter at RT either in the draft or FA and lets play some football.

Reactions: JB
I wouldn't be mad at that trade. Because of us they got their QB, it's time to get ours in return.

I agree with Jayson about the Texans trading up. They have shown a propensity in the past to panic and as a result of their desperation make some really bad decisions.

I think he has the wrong Youngstown edge rusher. And pick 89 is not enough to move from 25 to 16. Maybe add your 2018 2nd rounder?

tenor.gif

I think he has the wrong Youngstown edge rusher. And pick 89 is not enough to move from 25 to 16. Maybe add your 2018 2nd rounder?

As Dutch pointed out in another thread , in 2008 the Ravens traded up from 26 to 18 to get Flacco, They gave the Texans were 3rd & 6th round picks for the move up.

Its in the ballpark ....

I agree with Jayson about the Texans trading up. They have shown a propensity in the past to panic and as a result of their desperation make some really bad decisions.

WTF are you talking about ?!

They showed a propensity for sitting on their hands , waiting for players to fall to them .... allowing other teams to jump ahead of them with Bridgewater (Vikings) in the second and JimmyG (Pats) in the 3rd. (pats didn't trade into that spot)

As Dutch pointed out in another thread , in 2008 the Ravens traded up from 26 to 18 to get Flacco, They gave the Texans were 3rd & 6th round picks for the move up.

Its in the ballpark ....

WTF are you talking about ?!

They showed a propensity for sitting on their hands , waiting for players to fall to them .... allowing other teams to jump ahead of them with Bridgewater (Vikings) in the second and JimmyG (Pats) in the 3rd. (pats didn't trade into that spot)
How about Louis Nix? Brock Osweiler? Ed Reed?

How about Louis Nix? Brock Osweiler? Ed Reed?

No trades were needed to screw up with Os/Reed.

Nix was a whiff, but an occasional whiff in the 3rd rd is to be expected and shouldn't be franchise altering. After all seeing Ricky's record of drafting 3rd/4th rd picks this should be expected.

No trades were needed to screw up with Os/Reed.

Nix was a whiff, but an occasional whiff in the 3rd rd is to be expected and shouldn't be franchise altering. After all seeing Ricky's record of drafting 3rd/4th rd picks this should be expected.

The crux of my statement was panic and desperation lead to bad decisions. The draft is only one of several elements that lead to many of the Texans bad decisions. Jayson's proposed trade would not surprise me because the decision to do so to draft a QB would be made based on panic and desperation. The results could be worse than the Osweiler decision.

The crux of my statement was panic and desperation lead to bad decisions. The draft is only one of several elements that lead to many of the Texans bad decisions. Jayson's proposed trade would not surprise me because the decision to do so to draft a QB would be made based on panic and desperation. The results could be worse than the Osweiler decision.

What I want to know is who's picking the QB since BOB most likely wont be here next yr.

What I want to know is who's picking the QB since BOB most likely wont be here next yr.
That would be the other Bob.

That said, McNair is big fan of history, past performances and statistics, therefore I don't look for a QB with only 3 years of college. That goes against the grain of NFL Success.

Last edited:
Back