Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Javon Walker found unconsious and robbed

NitroGSXR

Super Sic #58
I'm looking for a new chauffuer, Mike! Send 'em my way and I'll take real good care of 'em! chimed in Jayson Williams.

chicagotexan2

Easterby = Little Finger/Cal = Fredo Corleone
"Anybody want to smoke a joint with me?" Ricky Williams asked
"I read somewhere that mariguana is a pathway drug that leads to harder drugs" chimed in Lawrence Taylor as he did a line of coke off the chest of Michael Irvin.

HOU-TEX

Ah, Football!
"All this talk of alcohol is making me want to drink and drive.....Eh, I'll beat the **** outta the wife instead," complained Warren Moon

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
"All this talk of alcohol is making me want to drink and drive.....Eh, I'll beat the **** outta the wife instead," complained Warren Moon
"You know what a thousand battered women have in common?? They don't know when the hell to shut up!!" Stone Cold Steve Austin chuckled...

StarStruck

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
7am? If you're sleeping at 7am in Las Vegas, you're crazy. Everyday me and my ex would go to Arizona Charlies and indulge in their 77 cent breakfast special before 7am. People say that New York is the city that never sleeps? I scoff at that notion after living in Las Vegas.

I miss Las Vegas terribly but they don't have the Houston Texans.
It never occurred to me that someone would expect a curfew in Las Vegas. I always allow 3 or 4 days after returning for R&R, rather to catch up on sleep.

I've done the bus ride back to the strip from Freemont Street, still up playing poker, and rarely back to the room by 7:00.

I didn't read through all of the reports, but was anything said about approximately how long Walker had been there when found? It is truly sad that there are people out and waiting for an opportunity to injure and kill someone in their efforts to steal.
I wish the young man a speedy recovery with no lasting affects from the assault and battery.

PapaL

Loose Screw
"There guys must be nuts" thought Jamal Lewis as he sat in prison. "If only I had my cell".

GlassHalfFull

Hall of Fame
According to this he claims he was abducted from his hotel room. $3000 in cash, $100,000 in jewelry, continuing to drench people with champagne; sounds like a real bright guy.

http://www.lvrj.com/news/20282799.html

In reading the story, a couple of things just bugged me.

First of all, if you are going to spray champagne, why the hell are you using the expensive stuf. Dom Perignon goes for over $100 a bottle in a store, no telling what it goes for in a club. What a waste. :glasshalffull:

edit: I just found a price online for Dom Perignon Rose for $455 a bottle!!!

Second, did he not learn anything when his teammate died in his arms over just such an incident. Wow, I hate to get down on someone who has been the victim of a crime. But, just WOW. :headhurts:

And props to all of you who kept me entertained yesterday with the ongoing conversation. Keep up the good work. :thisbig:

chicagotexan2

First of all, if you are going to spray champagne, why the hell are you using the expensive stuf. Dom Perignon goes for over $100 a bottle in a store, no telling what it goes for in a club. What a waste. :glasshalffull:

:thisbig:

"Yeah you DUMMY! When make it rain I only use Cham-pipple (Champaign & Ripple)." said the late great Redd Fox from Sanford & Son.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
The more I read about this story the less "sympathetic" he gets. No, of course nobody deserves to be beaten and robbed but you expect to see a certain amount of basic "survival instinct" out of people and some nominal degree of common sense. You particularly expect to see it out of someone who has gone through a reality check like Javon Walker did when he got to hold a dying teammate in his arms following a drive-by shooting. That he's just plain stupid enough to make himself that big a target is mind boggling. For the record "stupid" is exactly the word I was looking for. You don't call it "immature" anymore when you're speaking of a 30 year old man. Vince Young might be immature. Javon Walker is stupid.

Hervoyel

BUENO!
"Yeah you DUMMY! When make it rain I only use Cham-pipple (Champaign & Ripple)." said the late great Redd Fox from Sanford & Son.
"I was gonna mix up a batch of "Cham-pipple" to spray on the crowd with Javon but I can't raise my arms up over my head. My nipples are sore" said David Boston.

Heath Shuler

SPEED KILLS
In reading the story, a couple of things just bugged me.

Second, did he not learn anything when his teammate died in his arms over just such an incident. Wow, I hate to get down on someone who has been the victim of a crime. But, just WOW. :headhurts:

And props to all of you who kept me entertained yesterday with the ongoing conversation. Keep up the good work. :thisbig:
Exactly. If someone dying in your arms doesn’t make you reconsider your actions, I don’t know what will.

chicagotexan2

"Make it Rain?" thought Mario Williams as he hopped into his Lamborghini "I can make it rain."
"Hey Mario I heard Lamboghinis have really good airbag systems when you wreck, but that's just what someone told me. I've never really experienced anything like that myself." added Lance Briggs.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
"Hey Mario I heard Lamboghinis have really good airbag systems when you wreck, but that's just what someone told me. I've never really experienced anything like that myself." added Lance Briggs.
"I don't know about them Lamboghinis, but that damn Ferrari Enzo crashes hard as sh*t, man!!" exclaimed comedian Eddie Griffin..

Errant Hothy

Hypermediocrity
Looks like Walker might have made the whole thing up:
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8521331

Now, for the first time, Bellagio reps are speaking out about the incident. News 3's Katherine Whaley explains they're not the only ones who have doubts about those online reports.

n a statement to News 3, a spokesperson for MGM-Mirage, which owns Bellagio, says this:

The facts that have been reported regarding the incident involving Javon Walker are incorrect. I am unable to provide further detail out of respect for the Metro investigation which is currently underway.

About 2,000 surveillance cameras capture round-the clock views inside and outside of the hotel. And the Bellagio is working with Metro on the investigation.

While the details of exactly what happened in the hours leading up to the assault remain sketchy, we do know Javon Walker was attacked and whoever is responsible is still out there.

cuppacoffee

Resident Grouch
Looks like Walker might have made the whole thing up:
http://www.kvbc.com/Global/story.asp?S=8521331

"Las Vegas police say they've made an arrest in the robbery and beating case involving NFL player Javon Walker.

Lt. Clint Nichols says one man was charged Tuesday with multiple felonies including kidnapping and robbery and police are looking for a second suspect.

He says Walker got into a vehicle with the two men early June 16 before he was found beaten and unconscious on a side street near the Las Vegas Strip.

Walker told police $3,000 in cash and about $100,000 in jewelry were taken."

http://sports.aol.com/nfl/story/_a/police-make-arrest-in-walker-case/20080624152209990001

:coffee: