Jamie Sharper to Vikings?

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by DRIFTAWAY, Mar 12, 2005.

1. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

I say we trade Jamie Sharper to the vikings to let him reunite with his brother.

Hou gets : 7th overall pick (from min. which they got from oak.)

Min. gets : Jamie Sharper
    13th overall pick( from Hou.)

NFL draft: "with the 7th pick in the 2005 NFL draft the Houston Texans select Derrick Johnson out of the University Of Texas. :woot

2. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

No No No!!!!!!!!!

3. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

easy they switch to the 3-4.

4. Dunta_23

Dunta_23 All Pro

Maybe the extra attention paid to the defensive side of the ball will help them advance, now if they still had Moss...they would be scary....but I think they will easily make playoffs this year

5. ThaShark316

ThaShark316 #28

Fits in @ MLB...EJ Henderson is :thumbdown :wacko: :loser

They run a 4-3 too and Harris playin OLB this year.

6. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

Bottom line is Sharper is better and more experienced than EJ and will do a whole lot better. Also with Jamie there that might cause the sharper brothers to play better as they challenge each other. And as far as you're ragone for culpepper go's vinny my idea wasnt completely crazy if Tice wasnt busy scalping tickets they could really notice that a 3-4 would help them. Also their front 7 isnt as talented as you'd think. How many pro-bowls does napolean harris have?Exactly.

7. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

Sharper would be an upgrade over EJ because EJ isn't a good fit for their system...He's more of a run-stuffer than a coverage guy, and Minny likes to frequently drop their MLB into coverage...Sharper would definitely be a good fit for them...

That being said, I don't think this would be a good trade for us...Can we handle another top 10 salary? For the upcoming season, yes we can, but a couple years down the road, it could make for some trouble...

8. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

On paper. I've heard some negative comments about Henderson, too. At the time of the Moss trade, there was speculation that if Henderson didn't raise his game, Harris would move to MLB & the Vikes would look at LBs in the draft.

But, the Vikings are not going to trade down from #7. Look at their moves, & they've tried to solidify their defense in free agency. Their biggest hole left is at WR & they may need to trade up for a shot at Edwards or Williams.

9. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

A couple of years down the road, Walker, Glenn, Coleman, McKinney, & Wiegert could all be coming off the books. Their 2005 combined salaries are just over $17.9 million. That's 21% of the 2005 salary cap. I think we could handle another top 10 salary a couple of years down the road.

10. Lucky

Lucky Moderator

Yep, EJ has a DWI & assault charge on the books since joining the Vikes.

11. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

ya so Vinny, id get off your lil EJ wagon and just admit i had a decent trade proposal

12. Blake

Blake MMQB

This is a horrible trade for Houston. We lose JS for a rookie OLB, who MIGHT be there at 7?

If we give up Jamie, I want a legit starter.

13. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

Derrick Johnson will be better than Sharper. YA thats right, write it down

14. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

well i don't know about jamie sharper to the vikes but i could see foreman to them...some of the vike fans have been saying it would be nice to have chuck's son on the team just for the name...give houston a 5th or 6th round pick for him let's get it done

15. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

I didn't realize that those 5 counted so much against the cap...

I checked the salaries of the 4 most recent 7th overall picks and came to the conclusion that we could add that salary no problem...$4.5 million a year was the highest average of the most recent 7th overalls (Roy Williams)...

16. Youngstown Colt

Youngstown Colt All Pro

Derrick Johnson will also be selected #3 by the browns. so I don't see this happening

17. texasguy346

texasguy346 Mod Squad

They're going to have a great defense on paper. Their DLine alone is something to be envious about. They've also got Mixon who's pretty good opposite Udeze at DE, and they've got Steve Martin, a starter at one point for them, as a backup. Their secondary should have a field day if that DLine lives up to its potential.

18. YodAa

YodAa All Pro

It could be a good trade but we'd be screwed if Browns or Bucs took DJ. But I guess that if one of the 2 took DJ than maybe we could get a WR like BMW or Braylon Edwards. I don't know. It'd be risky but our D would be so much better if DJ did end up at 7.

19. H-townTexan

H-townTexan Rookie

Look the texans had a chance to make it to wild card 4 next year but ****** azz Capers isn't going to allow that cause of SHARPERS trade................................................................................................ But we should ask for 7th pick and My boy Harris then we back in bussiness

20. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

No way do the Vikings give up their 7th pick for Sharper. At most, we can expect a 3rd round pick for Sharper.