Jaguars interested in Jaime Sharper

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by jags98, Apr 3, 2005.

1. jags98

jags98 Veteran

Jaguars | Interested in Sharper - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 3 Apr 2005 08:44:03 -0700

Brent Jones, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to make a run at signing free agent LB Jamie Sharper (Texans), who was recently cut by the Houston Texans.

Posted by shura on Jags board.

2. DRIFTAWAY

DRIFTAWAY All Pro

great now not only do we lose his services, but we have to face him twice a year as well.

3. texansfan88

texansfan88 All Pro

Let him, he'll realize what a mistake that was when he comes back to Reliant as a Jaguar...thats the one team that would make me boo him no matter what.

4. Str8tupg42k1

Str8tupg42k1 Veteran

If he is on his downside of his carreer like ya'll said then we don't have n e thing to worry about. DD will run over him like other rb's did. But u know what would be messed up if Jamie got Carr the way Posey did in Buffalo.(knocking on wood) :hmmm:

5. FILO_girl

FILO_girl I'm not here

Everyone is interested in Jamie (except us :crazy: ). Every board I am on is hot on him.
    Better have a sweet pot to offer him Jags, the 'Hawks and Bengals are seriously interested in a SHARPER image. :woot

6. ledzeppelin229

ledzeppelin229 Hall of Fame

The problem wasn't Sharper in Houston. It was Sharper getting 6 million when after this season he would likely be gone, which wouldn't do anything for our playoff runs in the next 2+ years when he would no longer be with the team.

7. Nawzer

Nawzer Alienz

Oh great! Sharper please sign with Seattle!!!

8. Fiddy

Fiddy Hall of Fame

He is going to reunite with Marvin Lewis. He is going to Cincy. (Right now I'm praying that he is going to Cincy)

9. TexansNeedRBin05

TexansNeedRBin05 Veteran

The day DD runs over anyone is the day the 49ers use the first pick on me! :)

10. TexansTrueFan

TexansTrueFan Hall of Fame

guess ya didnt see the Jags game where he broke a 20+ yarder and ran over Darius in tyhe process,,,, put the sholder down and plowed over the guy. So be ready to be picked by San Fran buddy :heh:

11. keyfro

keyfro Hall of Fame

i honestly think jamie will either go to cinci for coach lewis or he'll go back to ray's team in baltimore...seattle is the wild card because they might throw so much money at him he'll have to accept...jags i believe this is just an attempt to slap us in the face for taking a couple of their players in years past

12. ccdude730

ccdude730 Hall of Fame

lets not forget that wicked stiffarm he put on zach thomas for the season opener. straight out embarassed mr thomas i would think...

13. Caw Daddy

Caw Daddy Rookie

Apr 3 Brent Jones, of the Baltimore Sun, reports the Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to make a run at signing free agent LB Jamie Sharper (Texans), who was recently cut by the Houston Texans.

cc: yahoo nfl

aint that some ****.

14. D-ReK

D-ReK RAWWWRR!

We should hope he signs with Jacksonville...That would assure us at least 4 YPC up the middle...

15. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

you know, if you're going to post to this, or any other message board focusing on the Houston Texans I'd seriously like to recommend you get out more and actually watch a Houston Texans football game.

Davis runs over plenty of people. He doesn't just do it every now and then, he does it a lot. The knock on Davis isn't that he can't run over anyone, it's that he can't do it for long without getting dinged up.

16. Ibar_Harry

Ibar_Harry Hall of Fame

I still think Sharper is gone, because he critisized the coaches and that's a no-no with Capers. I don't believe for one minute it has anything to do with anything else. I think he exposed the coaching staff for what they are. I know many of you think differently, but we have kept a lot of injured and under performing defensive personnel while getting rid of Sharper.

17. rittenhouserobz

rittenhouserobz Hall of Fame

There are two guys named Stroud and Henderson that he has to get by first. McKinney is blocking one of them. Where does that leave DD? A stiff arm on Stroud and he breaks it. That is his arm breaks. Running up the middle on the Jags is futile.

18. I totally agree with that. The notion that Sharper is getting old is silly, he had a great year 1 season removed. He made plenty of plays last year and vented because we lost to the freakin Browns of all teams. I had no problem with that, I think the coachin staff needed a fire lit under them, not one of your best players.

19. wiley2002

wiley2002 Veteran

Hearing about Jamie Sharper leaving the Houston Texans is nearly bringing me to tears. So what he said something bad about the coaching staff. So what he's getting old. At least he's healthy compaired to some of our other guys. 6 million is a lot of zeros but I think what he showed us this last year was a testiment he has some years left in his tank. Like that Third Eye Blind song says, "Good bye..." :whistle: .

20. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I think him saying something about the coaching staff says alot. If the Texans miss the playoffs again he could feel much worse and just leave the team or he would be a long holdout kind of player and hurt the team worse that way.