Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jaguar Flavored Ice Cream??

I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, it's a little strange, but at least he is trying his best. Unfortunately, there is only so much he can do.
If you noticed in the article it mentioned a commercial. I think it's a great commercial and it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. If you are curious, you can check it out on the Jags home page. It's the video stream called "This is my seat."

:deadhorse :dontknowa

Don'tHate said:
I don't see what the big deal is. Yeah, it's a little strange, but at least he is trying his best. Unfortunately, there is only so much he can do.
If you noticed in the article it mentioned a commercial. I think it's a great commercial and it seems to be doing what it's supposed to do. If you are curious, you can check it out on the Jags home page. It's the video stream called "This is my seat."

:deadhorse :dontknowa
Actually, I know how this feels. The Oilers would have to have several games bought out at the last minute by local companies just so they could be on TV. Heck, I used to get tix for $1 if I took some canned goods to a Grocery store that was giving out the tix. For you locals is at Randall's. Of course they were the nose-bleeds but hey, who cares.

I just wanted to poke a little fun @ you guys, but I know it sux.

It also sux to watch a game @ the house and there isn't a sall out crowd. It takes away from the impact.

FILO_girl

I'm not here
Weaver said the Jaguars haven't covered the 9,713 seats that are being taken out of service this season, but added that it would happen "pretty quickly.''

Despite covering seats, the Jaguars are still several thousand seats per game short of selling out nonpremium tickets, which would lift television blackouts.
There's no question we're a little disappointed where we are with selling out, but we're working hard and will hopefully make the final count to get there,'' Weaver said.

The Jaguars need to sell about 49,000 nonpremium seats per game to lift blackouts. -cut and pasted from the linked article.

Wow. :ouch:
If they wanted an icecream truck, I could have sent them one of the 4 or 5 in my 'hood. More trucks than kids!

Fury

Practice Squad
I watched the video, that's hilarious. It looks like they showed up with the cameras 10 minutes before a jags game and just shot it with what they had. The commercial says "No long term contracts!" "10,000 less seats!"

Now that's priceless.

Lucky

Ride, Captain, Ride!
Staff member
The Jaguars need to sell about 49,000 nonpremium seats per game to lift blackouts.
That's the total number of non-premium seasts. Not the number remaining they need to sell to lift the blackouts.
Despite covering seats, the Jaguars are still several thousand seats per game short of selling out nonpremium tickets, which would lift television blackouts.
Don't know how many "several thousand" exactly is, but it's not 49,000.

Lucky said:
That's the total number of non-premium seasts. Not the number remaining they need to sell to lift the blackouts.

Don't know how many "several thousand" exactly is, but it's not 49,000.

Exactly...the article didn't do a good job of making that a little clearer. :dangit:
That's the total the NFL says has to be sold to not have a blackout.

edo783

Hall of Fame
Sounds like Direct TV and the NFL Sunday Ticket would be hot items in Jagvill. Oh wait, they don't show up at the stadium, so why would they watch at home. Just jerking your chain "DontHate", because I to remember the problems with the Oilers and not selling out. It sucks for the fans who actually support the team.

Ghetto D

Noob
You while you are all talking about the Jags oh-so-terrific fan base, I couldn't help but keep staring at the dude to the left of the original article (midway down). Does he have leprosy or...gout or...something? Anybody with me on this?

FYI - when you paint your face make it look like you painted your face. Dude just looks unwell.

Ghetto D

Noob
...something he and (from the sounds of things) only about 10,000 other fans are used to.

Maybe with the Kiddie Kidnapper, I mean Ice Cream Truck we can get that number up to 15,000, or even 20,000.

Ghetto D said:
You while you are all talking about the Jags oh-so-terrific fan base, I couldn't help but keep staring at the dude to the left of the original article (midway down). Does he have leprosy or...gout or...something? Anybody with me on this?

FYI - when you paint your face make it look like you painted your face. Dude just looks unwell.

Well gee, glad to give you something else to make fun of...
By the way...gout is a condition that happens to your feet... :homer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/attendance?year=2004

check this link out and look at where the Jags are compared to most other teams...

Ihategeeks

Veteran
Don'tHate said:
Huh???

and by the way, as a Lions fan, I don't know if you have any pull in the defeat of the Jaguars :thumbdown
I just like to play A fist full of dollars whenever I get the chance.

aj. said:
Looks like a natural reaction to getting a bulls horn up his arse.
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.......wait here comes my wife.........ok it's safe now.....ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Hervoyel

BUENO!
So let me get this straight. The Jaguars bought an ice cream truck and they refurbished it so they can take it to various sites and try to sell tickets by giving away free promotional ice cream?

I got two thoughts on this. First I don't think it's going to help in selling tickets too much. Second I think maybe this explains Byron's tig-o-bitties. I bet he was gettin himself some ice cream a couple of times a day from Jaguar Ice Cream truck.

ATX

Hall of Fame
“Our fans never cease to amaze me,” said Jaguars executive director of ticket sales and marketing Scott Loft. “Whenever we need the support, our fans deliver for us.”

where is this guy's head? how about delivering support on sunday afternoons when it really counts. doesn't sound like they deliver for you at all after reading the articles. jacksonville is a smaller market team, kinda feel bad for the fans who can't afford to go to games and can't watch it on tv.