Jaguar excuse thread

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by JD187, Oct 24, 2006.

1. JD187

JD187 Rookie

Jesus, you guys finally get a win against us (Jaguars) and I finally see how I looked last year when the Jaguars beat the Steelers, who didn't have Big Ben, or Hines Ward. I mean there is such thing as an excuse, but that's not what I have for you today. What I have is a reason and I will prove it. Now I'm not to sure I have a reason that you won, but I do have a reason why you scored up 27 points against us. Now I know what you are all thinking, he's gonna blame it on injuries, and you know what? You're damn right. The losses that the Jaguars have sustained are brutal, starting with the D-Line. We have lost our best pass rusher who broke the franchise record in getting to the QB, last year, Reggie Hayward. Marcus Stroud, the man in the middle. Do you really think that Fred Weiry would have even been considered a match for him? On to linebackers, Mike Peterson. In 2005 alone he had 131 tackles, 6 sacks, and 3 interceptions (one for a touchdown). When you lose a playmaker like him it's very bad. So because of the loss to Mike Pete we had to move an outside linebacker into the middle and start a rookie, and someone who was cut from the Gianats last year. On the D-Line we had to move Rob Mier into fill for Stroud who was suppose to be filling in for Hayward. So we had 2 rookies on the D-Line throughout the game. We alos have Matt Jones out for many games. 6'6 reciever...need I say more? So this is what I have come up with. If the Texans had the same exact injuries as the Jacksonville Jaguars, it would look a little something like this...

Starting with your D-Line. Good ol'e Mario Wiliams. He forces offenses to throw him into the equation, double teaming him opening up something for another person. Will be an outstanding football player. Anthony Maddox, he was once a Jaguar was pretty good, he got even better in Texas, he just straight threw around Brad Meester. Now onto Middle Linebacker. Yep you guessed it Demeco Ryans. I don't know if there is enough I can say about this man. I can quote it exactly but I think I read a fan saying he's one of the best? Now onto the offensive side of the ball. Andre Johnson is your Matt Jones. He's big, fast, and he throws around CB's. He didn't actually burn Brian Williams on that cover, but Brian Williams and Donovan Darius looked like high schoolers to them. Do you actually think someone filling in for Andre could have made that same catch?

2. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Frankly, I don't even know who all those players are, but I agree with you at least partially. Injuries were bound to be a part of it.

Relax, most people are aware of these things.

3. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

2004: 2-0 vs jags, so you either havent been a jags fan for very long, or your dumb

4. gsbtxn

gsbtxn Veteran

Umm, we're 5-4 against your POS team. What's this "finally" mess you're talking about?

5. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Guys, it looks to me like somebody went to the Jags board and got him all riled up by being an *** on their boards (I don't have any clue who), so let's not get too upset. By, "....finally got a win...." I think he just means since 2004. It has been a while.

6. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Finally? You're the Jags, not the frick'n Colts.

Troll.

7. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Ah, crud, I give up.

Go home, troll! LOL :)

8. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

wtf everyone just settle down on the whole awwwww our team was hurt crap:brickwall u lost football is a game of injuries deal with it already. we will see who the real goats are after we play agan in jacksonville.......

9. HJam72

HJam72 Hall of Fame

Um, yeah. I'm glad I didn't say that. :rolleyes:

10. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

ya and why is that

11. JD187

JD187 Rookie

Let me tell you all something. I don't buy all this pla hard. You guys played us "hard" when we had no team. We had Troy Edwards and Jermaine Lewis or our WR's. Not to mention Fred didn't even play in the game when you beat us in 2004. Not excuses but Byron had no targets to throw to. So don't bring up the past. If that's the case I could compare the Panthers to the Jaguars, because they beat us in our 1st game as a franchise. That was then, this is now. Totally new teams, this whole play hard thing wasn't even in the Jaguars heads, despite what our old ass Senior Editor might say. We have so many players that weren't on the team in 2004. Sure you are 5-4 against us. Congratulations, but I don't buy into that "play hard" one bit. Out with the old in with the new.

12. amazingandre

amazingandre All Pro

so lets start new and fresh we got rid of capers and casserly now lets start from here on in we are 1-0 haha we win u lose go home troll......

13. travfrancis

travfrancis Veteran

YOU brought up the past with your cute remark

14. Txn_in_FL

Txn_in_FL Lucky 13

Eh, I think we were posting at the same time. Oh well, got it out of my system though.

15. brewhaus

brewhaus All Pro

You get another shot (just like the Texans) on November 12. Get well soon. :redtowel:

16. alphajoker

alphajoker Hall of Fame

Can't it be both?

17. NRowl

NRowl Rookie

Until Sunday, I have always respected the Jags as a team and how they go about their business. But watching them quit the way they did in the fourth quarter made me sick to my stomach. If Jack Del Rio can't get this team to fight it looks like they'll be going down the path of the Raiders.

18. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

Depth is part of football...if you can't win games when your team is hurt then your probably not a playoff caliber team...that is football and that is the NFL. It will happen again and again.

19. aj.

aj. Hall of Fame

We'll cut you some slack because bitterness and disillusionment is a powerful emotion. But wandering about aimlessly in a disaster area is not good therapy.

If it makes you feel better, type this 100 times for the theraputic effect: "yeah but we have a lot of injuries." On second thought -- scrap that idea. I'm guessing you've already typed that more than 100 times.

Speaking of not bringing up the past, don't you think it's time for you to look ahead to the Eagles ... and to get ready to be 3-4?

Del Rio is the modern day version of Jerry Glanville.

20. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

Great av. aj. ;)

Have they decided that it was Leftie's fault yet? Or is it still injuries?