Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Jags @ Arlington, TX

IDEXAN

Hall of Fame
Contributor's Club
Looks North Texas's favorite team is having a total meltdown against Jacksonville today ? They are now down 28-3 and counting after being fairly competitive in most of their earlier games this year. This is a great opportunity for the Texans to recapture some of the citys NFL fans who had defected to the Cowboys ? Dang, if some guy in the middle of nowhere in the Northern Rockies can be a Texans fan, why can't more of the people in Houston support their hometown team ?

Looks like their game against us was their super bowl.

If you're a negative Texans fan and really want to root for a losing team, try the Cowboys.

Looks North Texas's favorite team is having a total meltdown against Jacksonville today ? They are now down 28-3 and counting after being fairly competitive in most of their earlier games this year. This is a great opportunity for the Texans to recapture some of the citys NFL fans who had defected to the Cowboys ? Dang, if some guy in the middle of nowhere in the Northern Rockies can be a Texans fan, why can't more of the people in Houston support their hometown team ?

Only people you are going to capture or perhaps mold their allegiance are kids.

I would assume most adults will just stick with their team.

The Cowboys hate the Texans so much that beating them wasn't enough. They have to add insult to injury by losing to all the other AFC South teams.

I know I'm supposed to be rooting for the Cowboys today, and with Toni Romo not playing, that ought to be somewhat easier. But I just can't deny my urge to cackle gleefully every time a Jags TD goes on the board. Maybe it's just Halloween.

I told yall Jags Aint no ***** cats they did sweep us last year

We better be rdy for another WAR with them

Once again, an NFC East team looks like a playoff team against the Texans but looks like Pop Warner against the rest of the AFC South.

Once again, an NFC East team looks like a playoff team against the Texans but looks like Pop Warner against the rest of the AFC South.

Maybe we should have played dallas in dallas then it might have been different LOL

I wonder if Jerry Jones has bought Wade's one way ticket out of town yet?

They look pathetic. If Jones was planning on making a move.... Wade & Garrett are giving him a heck of an excuse.

Promote Campo..... limp through the rest of the year.

Singletary might be available in the offseason.

LOL, Kitna just hit Witten in stride. No, I mean literally. Hit him. In the star on the side of the helmet. Witten never even looked.

I remember watching Hard Knocks when the Cowboy's were on there and they were showing the front office during the draft and Rashard Mendenhall fell down to there pick and they didn't even discuss the posibility of taking him. Everyone just started high fiving over taking Felix Jones. They need to get rid of the Jones suck ups and get someone in there to run the whole show. Maybe Cowher.

They need to get rid of the Jones suck ups and get someone in there to run the whole show. Maybe Cowher.

How do you get rid of the Jones suck-ups without getting rid of Jones? Would Jerry hire anyone who wasn't a sycophantic yes-man?

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a prime, teachable example of hubris run amok. This is what happens when, before the season even starts, you automatically assume that you will be in the Super Bowl.

Sure, every team makes it as their goal. But the Cowboys - and their fans - knew AUTOMATICALLY that they would go to the Super Bowl. Why? Because the game is in their staidum. And, they are, after all America's Team. Who ELSE could possibly make it to the Super Bowl?

I have friends that are Cowboy fans and every year it's the same thing: They're going to win the Super Bowl. And, when you point out holes in the Cowboy team or things they have to work on, they ignore you. It's always, "The Cowboys are America's team, and God wants us to win a Super Bowl."

The Cowboys are so terrible that I almost feel sorry for their fans.

Almost.

Don't worry, Jerry will just spend high resources to pick up another WR in the offseason and then they'll be "SB favorites" again next year. :ahhaha:

Don't worry, Jerry will just spend high resources to pick up another WR in the offseason and then they'll be "SB favorites" again next year. :ahhaha:

And that's another thing: Miles Austin had a pretty decent last year, and suddenly people were annointing him the best WR in the league, putting him ahead of Andre Johnson. Give me a break.

Austin has played 5 minutes in the NFL and hasn't played enough to prove anything to me. All I have seen from him this year is dropped passes.

But, because he plays for "America's team" and is dating that Kardashian ho, he's suddenly "the best."

Whatever. The Cowboys are all image, no heart.

Ladies and Gentlemen, this is a prime, teachable example of hubris run amok. This is what happens when, before the season even starts, you automatically assume that you will be in the Super Bowl.

Sure, every team makes it as their goal. But the Cowboys - and their fans - knew AUTOMATICALLY that they would go to the Super Bowl. Why? Because the game is in their staidum. And, they are, after all America's Team. Who ELSE could possibly make it to the Super Bowl?

I have friends that are Cowboy fans and every year it's the same thing: They're going to win the Super Bowl. And, when you point out holes in the Cowboy team or things they have to work on, they ignore you. It's always, "The Cowboys are America's team, and God wants us to win a Super Bowl."

The Cowboys are so terrible that I almost feel sorry for their fans.

Almost.

I think they were going by the "success" they had last year.

11-5 in the regular season last year, against the NFC South & AFC West. Losing to San Diego, twice to the Giants, Green Bay. Their only quality win last year, was against New Orleans in week 15.

2010, I think there schedule was actually 3rd toughest, behind the Texans & Titans.

The only real difference between the Cowboys & Texans this year IMO, is that the players haven't bought into the hype on our team, the way they "obviously" did in Big D.

Why Can the Jags and TItans and prob the colts beat dallas in dallas but we cant beat them at home ????

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones isn't searching for any silver lining. Hhttp://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/news/story?id=5750167e's asking for forgiveness from fans.

"I'm embarrassed. Of course I am," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-17 loss to the Jaguars on Sunday afternoon. "And, to every fan, I should have and do take the ultimate, ultimate responsibility. I do. That's the way we're structured. That's the way I run it. There's no question that I have the plan and executing it to have the best players and the best coaching that we can have. I'm dumbfounded that we are 1-7."

Jones misspoke during his post-game speech. The Cowboys are actually 1-6.

"You couldn't get me to say it, but you know that I thought we had a team here that could be one of the top competitive teams in the NFL," Jones continued. "I'm very, very, very sorry to our fans. You should have better than this.

"You can tell by the way some of the things that we've done to certainly make the Cowboys everything you want them to be, you should be able to tell that I won't rest until we've figured some things out to get us in a different spot. ... What it is, I don't have that."

Jones addressed coach Wade Phillips' status without prompting after the game. He had repeatedly expressed confidence this season in Phillips, who has a 34-21 record during his four-season tenure in Dallas, but stopped short of doing so again Sunday.

The Cowboys have never fired a coach in the middle of the season and Jones is not considering making Phillips the first.

"I am not in any way for making changes," Jones said. "I have always thought our best chance to win, when you've got three-day weeks and you've got to get ready to go to play a team, the best chance to win was to continue to be coached and continue to do some of the same things. There's not enough time to change."
link

Guess since Jerruh says he takes full responsibility for this debacle, it means he plans to fire himself in the morning, sell the team, and fly away in his stadium.:)

And that's another thing: Miles Austin had a pretty decent last year, and suddenly people were annointing him the best WR in the league, putting him ahead of Andre Johnson. Give me a break.

Austin has played 5 minutes in the NFL and hasn't played enough to prove anything to me. All I have seen from him this year is dropped passes.

But, because he plays for "America's team" and is dating that Kardashian ho, he's suddenly "the best."

Whatever. The Cowboys are all image, no heart.

That was gold. Cowboys fans thinking Miles Austin was better than Andre Johnson because of one good season Austin had. With the amount of dropped passed Austin had (even today against the Jags) he is no Andre Johnson. He's a Roddy White at best right now, and that may be too much as Roddy has produced for multiple seasons. Oh, and he broke up with Ms. Kardashian. :kitten:

I think they were going by the "success" they had last year.

11-5 in the regular season last year, against the NFC South & AFC West. Losing to San Diego, twice to the Giants, Green Bay. Their only quality win last year, was against New Orleans in week 15.

2010, I think there schedule was actually 3rd toughest, behind the Texans & Titans.

The only real difference between the Cowboys & Texans this year IMO, is that the players haven't bought into the hype on our team, the way they "obviously" did in Big D.

The word around DFW is that they bought into their hype. Jerry Jones parades the team around like a circus. Look at their training camp schedule. What the hell is the point of going to places like Oxnard, California? Then, you always see Jerry Jones on these Papa John commercials up here and it is so damn annoying.

Dallass was in desperation mode trying to save their season when we played them. At this point they've flat out quit.

I'm all sunshine & lemon drops, you know that. But that is still no excuse. We were at home, it was no secret they were going to be amped. The whole world knew they were in desperation mode.

We scored a friggin field goal in the first half.... David Garrard & Vince Young made them look like a pee-wee team. We're supposed to have a top 5 offense. We're supposed to have the second best QB in the AFC South by a large margin. We're supposed to have the best WR in the game, & we had the league leading rushing game.

If the Cowboys were going to call it quits, it should have been because we pwned them @ Reliant.

I'm all sunshine & lemon drops, you know that. But that is still no excuse. We were at home, it was no secret they were going to be amped. The whole world knew they were in desperation mode.

We scored a friggin field goal in the first half.... David Garrard & Vince Young made them look like a pee-wee team. We're supposed to have a top 5 offense. We're supposed to have the second best QB in the AFC South by a large margin. We're supposed to have the best WR in the game, & we had the league leading rushing game.

If the Cowboys were going to call it quits, it should have been because we pwned them @ Reliant.

Exactly. Arian Foster was the only one that came through the game. We should have destroyed the Cowboys, but we don't do well against those NFC East teams. Appears that the Titans and Jags do.

Exactly. Arian Foster was the only one that came through the game. We should have destroyed the Cowboys, but we don't do well against those NFC East teams. Appears that the Titans and Jags do.

I think our problem is that we don't do well against teams that want to win.

I think our problem is that we don't do well against teams that want to win.

Just like Dallas may have listened to the hype, the Texans may have been guilty of that also. They were 2-0 and looking good against a 0-2 team that had looked bad.

Wasn't that also the first game that Brown missed?

Just like Dallas may have listened to the hype, the Texans may have been guilty of that also. They were 2-0 and looking good against a 0-2 team that had looked bad.

Wasn't that also the first game that Brown missed?

No... Kris was gone after the preseason! ;)

If we had played the John Kitna Cowboys Im sure we would have destroyed them too

He looks like he's 75 years old and hasn't played football in years

If we had played the John Kitna Cowboys Im sure we would have destroyed them too

He looks like he's 75 years old and hasn't played football in years

Was it Brunell that we allowed to set a most consecutive completions record against us?

We had Fitzpatrick looking like a HOFer back in 2006.

Kitna would have thrown for 400....

That was gold. Cowboys fans thinking Miles Austin was better than Andre Johnson because of one good season Austin had. With the amount of dropped passed Austin had (even today against the Jags) he is no Andre Johnson. He's a Roddy White at best right now, and that may be too much as Roddy has produced for multiple seasons. Oh, and he broke up with Ms. Kardashian. :kitten:

The word around DFW is that they bought into their hype. Jerry Jones parades the team around like a circus. Look at their training camp schedule. What the hell is the point of going to places like Oxnard, California? Then, you always see Jerry Jones on these Papa John commercials up here and it is so damn annoying.

An ESPN writer actually brought this up earlier this season. He wrote about how Jerry parading the team around the country is doing more harm than good.

Look, I'm a fan of marketing, but, at the end of the day, you have to have a product to market: Jerry can parade this team around the freaking planet, but until he gets these guys FOCUSED and ready to PLAY, he has nothing. You can't market an empty product.

Just ask Drayton McClaine.

An ESPN writer actually brought this up earlier this season. He wrote about how Jerry parading the team around the country is doing more harm than good.

Look, I'm a fan of marketing, but, at the end of the day, you have to have a product to market: Jerry can parade this team around the freaking planet, but until he gets these guys FOCUSED and ready to PLAY, he has nothing. You can't market an empty product.

Just ask Drayton McClaine.

Not to mention the players believed they were all superstars. "We are the Cowboys! We're going to play the Super Bowl in our own stadium!" No.

Was it Brunell that we allowed to set a most consecutive completions record against us?

We had Fitzpatrick looking like a HOFer back in 2006.

Kitna would have thrown for 400....

Kitna was 34/49 for 379 today. He's not exactly chopped liver.

Kitna was 34/49 for 379 today. He's not exactly chopped liver.

And three of the four INTs came from Cowboys receivers forgetting how to catch a football. The NFL really needs to fix the statistics for dropped balls turned into INTs. Shouldn't count against the QB, in my opinion.

Jags are turely the most fustrating team to watch..they win great and lose terrible. 4-4 now....bye week. See ya in Jax..will be a good game.

And three of the four INTs came from Cowboys receivers forgetting how to catch a football. The NFL really needs to fix the statistics for dropped balls turned into INTs. Shouldn't count against the QB, in my opinion.

I hear ya on this one. But its the QB's job to make the ball catchable. So you would have to have someone review each INT and see if the ball was too high, too hard, too late.

The QB gets credit for when a WR takes a 5 yard pass 80 yards. So I think its fair that he gets the INT on a dropped ball.

The QB gets credit for when a WR takes a 5 yard pass 80 yards. So I think its fair that he gets the INT on a dropped ball.

Actually, they both share that.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to add that to the stats.... if it hit the receivers hands, it's an INT on him & the QB.

I get the whole 'root against your division opponents' thing, but I had no problem rooting for the Jags yesterday. If the Texans deserve to win the division, they will beat the Jags, Titans and Colts.

Jags are turely the most fustrating team to watch..they win great and lose terrible. 4-4 now....bye week. See ya in Jax..will be a good game.

your like us last year we were jeckle and hyde we were 3-3 last year at some point

heck we are kinda the same way LOL

I get the whole 'root against your division opponents' thing, but I had no problem rooting for the Jags yesterday. If the Texans deserve to win the division, they will beat the Jags, Titans and Colts.

We can beat the Jags, Titans, & Colts, but lose to the Cowboys, Giants (If the Jags beat the Giants & end up with a 10-6 record, they will most likely own a tiebreaker against us), Chargers, Baltimore, NYJets, Denver, & Philladelphia.

If Jacksonville sweeps the Colts, split with Tennessee, split with us....

long story short, every Jaguar loss helps us.

Here's my question: why do people think the Arlington team has so much talent ? OK Demarcus Ware is talented, but who else ? Witten ? I can think of 3 or 4 TEs I'd rather have than him.
They have a lot of pro-bowl players, but everyone knows much of the PB is a popularity contest, and the Cowboys have a broad fan base that actively votes for the PB players, but that's not necessarily an indication of talent.
Any other reason for claims of their level of talent ?
But that team just laid down and quit yesterday. By comparison Buffalo fought to the last play of OT vs KC in KC before losing yesterday, and they were fighting for their first win of the season. Jones really needs to replace Phillips with an interim coach for the rest of the season, because that performance yesterday by his franchise was downright humiliating to every individual in his organization.

Here's my question: why do people think the Arlington team has so much talent ? OK Demarcus Ware is talented, but who else ? Witten ? I can think of 3 or 4 TEs I'd rather have than him.
They have a lot of pro-bowl players, but everyone knows much of the PB is a popularity contest, and the Cowboys have a broad fan base that actively votes for the PB players, but that's not necessarily an indication of talent.
Any other reason for claims of their level of talent ?
But that team just laid down and quit yesterday. By comparison Buffalo fought to the last play of OT vs KC in KC before losing yesterday, and they were fighting for their first win of the season. Jones really needs to replace Phillips with an interim coach for the rest of the season, because that performance yesterday by his franchise was downright humiliating to every individual in his organization.

It's not humiliating at all unless you believe the team is talented.

Just sayin

Back