Jacoby Jones?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by El Tejano, Nov 14, 2008.

1. El Tejano

El Tejano Hall of Fame

I was just kind of thinking about it and was wondering something. After Jacoby Jones made that great 40 something yard play, why was he not in the game more but David Anderson was in there quite a bit.

I'm just assuming that a defensive team would see that a real fast guy just burned them for 40 something yards and will have to account for him. I hardly believe they were scared of David Anderson. Ok that is my rearview mirror so no more of the Ravens game after this but I do hope they include Jacoby quite a bit in the Indy game.

2. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

I get the feeling that Kubiak is hesitant to make in game adjustments.

I think they gameplanned the way they did, and that was without major use of Jacoby. Just because he did well on one play, doesn't mean that Kubiak is able or willing to write him into others.

Its sort of one our handicaps

3. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

It's called incompetent coaching!! Game plan that they half ass prepared for to start with AIN'T working, but, God forbid they have a little guts and change it any.

4. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

So, tell us how you really feel ......

5. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Change can be scary.

Let me think of the usual answers.

1) Jacoby is worn down. He did return those punts earlier in the season. Unlikely.
    2) David Anderson has been working his tail off in practice. Possible.
    3) They are looking at getting Jacoby on the field more and they need to figure out a way to do that. He's been working his tail off. Probable.

6. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Kind of tough to do when you have a QB you don't trust....

:thinking: Kinda reminds me of the way Capers had to handle one David Carr.

7. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

two words: Matt Cassel

8. hobie

hobie Site Contributor

Well he is also on a good team that has a good O-Line....and well he saw his chance to be something after 4 yrs. on the bench and is making good of it...then again, would he be as effective here....my dollar says NO !

9. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

So does that mean we're going to see some 2 yard hitches in the near future? Or the drop back and nail the camera man? Or the scramble out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage? Or the throw the ball 5 yards past the LOS play? Or the drop back and hit the ground like there's bullets flying? :winky:

10. ObsiWan

ObsiWan Site Contributor

I agree. That is one of the major bones I have to pick with Kubiak. He won't deviate from the plan unless injuries force him to. You would think that he'd give JJ (or whoever - it took him, what, 3-4 games to make Slaton the starter) a couple more touches as a reward for doing well - but noooooooo.

11. Texan_Bill

He pitches for the Astros, no??

You saw it against it Baltimore. Rosencopter to Lewis was open all day long. ;)

12. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Two more words: No thanks.

13. SheTexan

SheTexan Site Contributor

Who doesn't trust him, players or coaches. Players say they stand by him competely. Kubes had his chance to "trade" him but he BELIEVED in him so there ya go, he is still here. Switch roles for all I care! Let OD squat behind center, let Sage runs some routes, and get his ass plastered! Put the damn waterboy out there to return a damn punt!! Do something to shake this damn team up. Make them see that fat paycheck they receive every week just might come to an end, if they don't play like pros instead of Jr High. I'm for ACTION!! If the present scheme is NOT working, have the balls to change it and let's get on with the game!!!

14. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree. IMO, it's the players around him making him look worthy. There were several passes that were horrible. Moss would've had 2 more TD's if the ball was thrown to him and not out of the EZ.

15. MannyFresh

MannyFresh El Capitan

So you don't think he learned anything from Tom Brady? Learning and watching Brady work with what he had at times? Sure, they had a great DLine, but before Moss and company he spread that ball around and made some damn good lemonade out of lemons when he needed to.

16. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

Kubiak likes guys he can trust. He's got a home run threat out there in AJ but he gets covered a lot. He wants receivers he can trust to get open and make the catch. Kevin Walter, Owen Daniels and David Anderson fit this mold. Anderson is ahead of Jacoby at this point from a receivers standpoint. Jacoby still hasn't learned how to run holding the ball (punts, kickoffs, catches or handoffs). That's fine if teams aren't scared of Anderson... he'll keep catching those TD passes. I do, however, think Jacoby can develop into a really good player for us but at this point Kubiak trusts Anderson more, and quite frankly I do too.

17. Texan_Bill

Lip service..... When Carr was here, you might've thought that he and Steve McKinney were tight. To listen to McKinney now on the radio, not so much.

LMAO!! Let Sage run some routes? We're not getting any younger darlin'. We would age 2 years with Sage running a "GO" route....

18. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

Certainly better than Rosencopter or Fragile Mattie though

19. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

The Texans can afford to be selective, with starters 1a and 1b already on the roster. :)

20. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

because Jones is an inconsistent WR and Anderson isn't even though Jones has more pure physical ability....Jones gets on the field more if he continues to do this sort of thing.