Jacoby Jones.. Wildcat?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Texans_Fan59, Dec 2, 2008.

1. Texans_Fan59

Texans_Fan59 Rookie

i Know it only happened once, but how many of you all were freaked out..

2. spurstexanstros

spurstexanstros Texans Rising

Yeah..throw that play away and throw it away now.

mancunian likes this.
  3. Hervoyel

Hervoyel The Right Track

I was coming unglued over that stupid, ill-advised attempt at getting cute. Sometimes I just wonder what in the hell these people are thinking. The players trying to execute that play looked like they had no idea what was supposed to happen.

4. BuffaloglennTX

BuffaloglennTX Rookie

I can see using Jacoby on a reverse or something but taking the snap did not look natural, for anyone on the field at that time. Maybe McNair stepped in and said "everyone else is doing it". LOL

5. JWarren14

JWarren14 Beer Me

At least they only tried it once and threw it away. Nothing too terrible happened so it's not as bad as it could of been. I like trying it once, see if you could get a big play, but thats the end of the "wild bull"

6. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I was cursing the formation as soon as I saw we lined up in it...I mean, we were runnnig fine at the time. Why get so friggin' cute? Why try to be the smartest guy in the room all the time? Snap the ball to Jacoby and turn this into a punt return? Come on. I thought it was kinda weak that we only ran this formation on MNF....to me it looks like the OC wanted to appear innovative, up to date and trendy. I kinda thought the opposite.

7. dtran04

dtran04 Hall of Fame

That was probably the first trick play of the Kubiak era. He NEVER does anything like that. I bet it was a Kyle Shanahan move. LOL

8. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

yea we tried it once i didnt work so we didnt try it no more can knock them for one tricky play

but the two quick step back throw to aj on the side plays where dumb IMO one was a reverse pass i think and u cant do that

ok we got slaton we had moats why i didnt see no hand offs or dumps and dinks to them whould have been much smarter

heck i know we Never do this but let slaton block and leech run down hill thats a more positive tricky play IMO

9. Texan_Bill

Texan_Bill Subscribed Contributor

Meh... Just the "Play D'jour".

Try it once. It sucked. Scrap it...

10. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

It's better than all those fake reverses we ran with Walter early in the season.

11. Señor Stan

Señor Stan El Guapo

And his mamma was in the wrong friggin' end zone to boot. That play had zero chance.

12. Polo

Polo Guest

I'm cool with it...Only had one real back in Slaton...Try to get other playmakers involved...que sera sera...

13. buddyboy

buddyboy All Pro

True...I'd rather have us try it when we're dominating the game and then scrap it than try it during a close game and find out that it's crap.

14. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

Does it even count as a trick play anymore with every other team in the NFL using it?

15. False Start

False Start On # 69

That was the Wild Bull, and I hope we never see it again. FAIL!

16. Ckw

Ckw Guest

Only way I would want to see it is if Slaton is running it. Supposedly he did it some at WV.

17. maddogmrb

maddogmrb All Pro

IMO, we want some more creativity out of this team. So, it didn't work that time, the first play Mario played in probably didn't go so well either, should we have scrapped him? Perhaps they had the wrong personnel - how about running it with Owen Daniel our secret QB?

Giant Tiger likes this.
  18. Second Honeymoon

Second Honeymoon Hall of Fame

whatever it was, daddy please make it stop. the nfl has always been a copycat league, but this whole Wildcat trend is off the charts-stupid.

19. Bubbajwp

Bubbajwp All Flopper

Bingo!

20. LZ

LZ Veteran

I guess I'm in total disagreement. I, for one, am a proponent of getting creating and thinking outside the box. The direct snap has worked for many teams around the league and in college football. Just because J-Ville snuffed it out the one time it was run you want the Texans to throw it away? I don't. I want Kubiak to be willing to take some chances from time to time. I hope the play getting stuffed wasn't too much of a deterrent because, as a punt returner, Jacoby should be able to make some things happen out of that formation.

Specnatz and Ole Miss Texan like this.