Jacoby Jones article

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Apr 30, 2007.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/042507aap.html

2. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Listening to him talk on the radio this afternoon, he definitely has confidence in his own ability to succeed in the NFL. His COCKINESS rating is off the charts!
    Hope he lives up to it! :redtowel:

3. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

I missed it. Did he sound "Cocky" or "Confident"?

4. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

thats jacoby, he knows hes good...

5. GuerillaBlack

GuerillaBlack Hall of Fame

I wouldn't mind having a Chad Johnson. Bring some funny acts to the game.

6. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

He did. ... maybe some of it was pure excitement and all, but he sounded very sure of himself. Better than a doubter I guess. :doot:

7. Twitch-Houston

Twitch-Houston Hall of Fame

8. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Confident is a giant understatement, as it was definitely in the cocky to mouthy range. Its fine with me if he can back it up. We'll see ?
    I dunno why, but I got a good feeling about this kid. Maybe because I think offensive skill-positions oughta be an area where Smith & Kubiak can identify future playmakers ?
    But this is defintely a roll of the dice, under the best expectations. I saw a tape of one of his college games, and there was no one on the sidelines. There was no stands. It looked like a HS scrimmage. This kid has seen no kind of competition ever until a very quick stretch at the E-W all-star game.
    Like I said, we'll see ?

9. rockabilly

rockabilly Veteran

I just messaged Jacoby last night. I welcomed him to the Texans and asked him what he is gonna do playin the opposite side of Andre.

His response this afternoon, "Win baby."

hehe. I like this guys attitude.

10. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

I don't mind a player who's cocky . If his teamates except him then he's not obnoxious .

I'm tired of choir boys ... you see that with the Astros somewhat . I welcome some extroverted behavior ... kinda like Dunta .

I'll take a guy with energy ... a guy that I have to tone down any day of the week over one you have to motivate .

11. GuerillaBlack

Could Jones be a Chad Johnson for us (cocky attitude and all)?

12. LORK 88

LORK 88 Wreck'em Ŧech!

Chad Johnson's a good person off the field too, so I hope that he can turn into him completely. He's a character without too much baggage. Also, I know people will want to rag me to death for saying the above, but I heard a story where a kid gave him $1 so Chad reached into his wallet and gave the kid a $100 and told him merry christmas.

13. GuerillaBlack

That's a good thing about him. He is a funny/good character. I love his props and things. I wouldn't mind Jones bringing some fun to Texan fans.

14. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

I'm trusting our FO right now. We've only got one draft to go on, but they have a good eye for talent and we still have all of our 2006 picks on the roster.

I like this kid. He's got a chip on his shoulder to prove himself, and our special teams could use the energy boost, especially on punt returns. I hope he backs up his attitude on the field, because it could pay big dividends for us.

15. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I love this pick. I love his confidence in his ability, hopefully he'll live up to it. I like what he could bring to the table for us.

Anyone know where any highlight videos or something of him are? I've looked everywhere and can't find anything. (Rep to whoever can help me :):thumbup)

What do you think are the chances he wears #84 next year (I've got a Moulds jersey - it would be nice if I could just put a Jones patch over it :))

16. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

i think he'll stick with 12

cause he wore #2 at lane

TexanFan881 likes this.
  17. Dallas_Texan

Dallas_Texan Veteran

I really hope JJ pans out. I have faith in Amobi and Fred Bennett being good, but I think Jacoby will be the difference between a 'C' draft, and an A- draft. I think our O-linemen could be great after some NFL Europe time, the only decision I hate is Harrison....hopefully I'm proved wrong there.

Here's to hoping AJ, and JJ become a powerhouse tandem:texflag:

18. badboy

badboy Site Contributor

If Jones and Bennett can start this season, it will be a very successfull draft imo. I was really focusing on CB rather than DT, but I am ok with the Big Amoeba. Just hope the FO was not trying to make the Mario decision look better.

19. TexanAddict

TexanAddict Texan 'til I Die

I doubt this has been addressed publicly, but has anyone heard Kubiak or Smith say how the Jacoby signing will impact Mathis' role? Have they given up on Mathis as a receiver and expect him to not make the roster, or do they plan on putting both Jacoby and Mathis deep on kickoffs and seeing who can step up as the bigger receiving threat? Just curious. I think with both Jacoby and Mathis back for kickoffs, the opposing team would have no choice but to pooch kick everytime, assuming Jacoby is as good at returns as advertised. Not sure we would carry both on the roster though.

:highfive:

20. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

I hope he goes with a number in the 80's. Being old school and I have noticed that a lot of the guys who were the numbers in the teens have attitude issues.

I know I shold not put stock it like this but oh well.