Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

Jabar Gaffney

Spider_20

Practice Squad
Whats the deal with no one giving jabar gaffney enough credit he has the best hands on the team and he also runs the best routes.. i've seen articles about jabar gaffney sayin he's very inconisistent i believe he could be a Number 1 reciever except for the texans cause of andre the giant i could see jabar gaffney gettin around 60 rec. and about 5 or 6 touchdowns but he never gets the ball thrown to him enough. i remember one game against some team where he made a tremoundous catch only Marvin Harrison could make where the ball was thrown behind him and he somehow made the catch people have to give him more credit.

Coming out of college Jabar was supposed to be one of the top receivers in the draft right ? Well he came out early and is still young lets just give him more time to live up to his potential before we start making assumptions on where his career in the NFL will go .

Jabar Gaffney indeed has the best hands and runs the beat routes. He has excellent body control and balance. The only reason he didnt get as many catches as he should was b/c David simply didnt check down to him on many plays and dumped the bal towards DD. But coming this year he will get his share of catches.

Jean Marais as Fantomas

Louis de Funes as Inspecteur Juve

I've got all three movies on video! Your name gave me a flashback.

I was wondering why alot of people were like, we should draft Roy Williams, not that he would have been a bad pick, but people were too quick to judge Jabar. Saying things like, "He isnt producing enough, look at his stats". How bout you throw him the darn ball and see how good his stats are, he cant catch passes if none are thrown to him. Lets see if Carr is mature enough this year to check his 2nd and 3rd option, if so you will see a large boost in the stats of Jabar and Bradford.

i remember that catch. It was a bullet, thrown behind him & on 3rd down no less. That was the catch of the year as far as Texan receivers go...IMO.

I like Gaffney alot, but based on what I've seen him do in the previous two seasons I think he'll always be more productive as a slot receiver rather than a #2 guy. I hope I'm wrong and he goes wild this season. :)

I watched Gaffney alot in college and was glad when the texans drafted him (little bit of a gator fan) and he is a very good slot reciever. He has great hands but something that goes unnotticed is he draws away a crowd from AJ. He will be good just needs a shot at being good.

BuffSoldier said:
Lets see if Carr is mature enough this year to check his 2nd and 3rd option, if so you will see a large boost in the stats of Jabar and Bradford.

Fewer turnovers on offense would help too. If the O is out there for more plays, it means more touches for more players, right? I think having these guys maturing together for another year, they should cut down on the TOs and Carr should make better decisions and spread the ball around more this year. Here's to a breakout year on the O!

Back