It's Time to Think Draft / Plans for 2009

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by TexansFan33, Nov 16, 2008.

1. TexansFan33

TexansFan33 DW33

I'm a texans fan... The past few week have led me to believe were not making any progress this season. So as of 11/16/08 im declaring our season OFICALLY OVER/DEAD. We really need to make some major moves:

Our Defensive coordinator has to GO, we need someone in there thats young with new strategies. Cuz we all know that everyone is tired of the texans lining up our corners 1 on 1 and getting toasted week after week. I liked what i saw in Adibi today vs he colts in his first ever start i think our likebacking core needs one more playmaker we can adress that via FA.

Ahman Green as much as i liked him when he was in GB plain and simple he doesn't have anything left in the tank and he knew that before he signed that Free Agent Contract 2 years ago. Anthony Weaver well I really dont have much to say about you other than... GET OFF THE TEAM YOUR TERRIBLE.

I wanna see dunta robinson next year I think he will be much improved coming off that knee injury. Molden, Bennet, and Reeves are all works in progress so im not giving up on them yet.

OUR DRAFT NEED TO GO LIKE THIS:

round 1)DE/Saftey (potential 1 picks:S Taylor Mays, DE Michael Johnson,S William Moore, DE Greg Selvie Orakpo is overreated to me
    round 2)Saftey/Corner
    round 3)OLB
    round 4)Guard/Center
    round 5)WR

Well tell me what you think...

BSofA04 likes this.
  2. gjmac2

gjmac2 Veteran

I see an April draft very heavy on Defense. I would not be surprised if the first 3 of 4 picks are on defense.

3. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

Well, I think we all agree that the DC has to go. Personally, I think we need a QB. Schaub might be coachable, and he might stay on the field and perform like we know he can, but I'd feel better if they took a QB int he 2nd or 3rd round and started grooming him.

We need a CB or three. We need a safety, maybe two. We need an OLB, maybe two. We need a DT. We need a DE. We need a RG. We need a C.

How many is that so far?

4. threetoedpete

threetoedpete Hall of Fame

The guy is 6' 4" , 265 pounds....long arms , big hands, and stays on the feid until he is barfing up body parts. When he hits the field his team mates get sky high just for the fact that he is on the field. The guy is a natural leader. Yeah you're correct the guy is real shaky.

5. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

If you like missed tackles you should love Adibi. Otherwise, I'm not really sure what you liked about him.

6. TexansFan33

TexansFan33 DW33

I'm sorry Orakpo was invisible at that Texas Tech game. Personally Im more sold on Michael Johnson out of Georgia Tech

7. PhilpW

PhilpW Irish-American

We will draft a project, all pundits will laugh, Mel will say this is why Houston lives in the cellar in the AFC South, the fans will bitc&. blah, blah, blah

8. TexansFan33

TexansFan33 DW33

Last edited: Nov 16, 2008

9. DeepSteelBlue

DeepSteelBlue Rookie

Texans coaches love projects... ugh :brickwall:

10. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

It will be a good draft for it. Shaping up to be heavy in DE/LB.

Now if we can get someone to call the D that has a working knowledge of defensive strategy.

11. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

He was doing great until he got hurt. Orakpo getting hurt single-handedly lost the game for UT

Michael Johnson has done nothing in college at all. His numbers are terrible and he is a weight room guy, not a football player

12. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

Sometimes you can't measure a defensive player's impact by looking at the box score.

He was THE ONLY Texas player that was putting consistent pressure on Harrell.

Funny how you say that Orakpo is overrated at the same time you list Johnson as one of the guys you want.

13. Ole Miss Texan

Ole Miss Texan Hall of Fame

I can see our DC leaving.

1st round- I can't see us going safety unless we trade down. If we stay in the top 10 where we'll be picking, CB Vontae Davis could be a great pick.

2nd round- I think one of the top safeties may fall or a highly rated linebacker. If Brandon Spikes slips to the 2nd round, I'd like us to look at him.

3rd round- maybe a safety like the Chung guy from Oregon or Pegues from Miss. St.

14. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

All excellent players.

I would love it.

15. BSofA04

BSofA04 Hall of Fame

I say we draft another offensive lineman. It's hard to win with constant pressure on the QB.

Corrosion likes this.
  16. bah007

bah007 Hall of Fame

We are #11 in scoring offense at 23.6

We are #30 in scoring defense at 28.7

Not saying we can't draft an o-lineman.

But our main priority should be defense.

17. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

What are you talking about? I heard Adibis name more times today than I have heard Greewoods name all year. Im not sure what you were expecting but hey it was his first real start at this level and he was very active and around the ball alot more than any OLB this team has had in awhile.

18. TexansSeminole

TexansSeminole Hall of Fame

My draft:

Round 1: Aaron Curry, LB Wake Forest. I'd plug in Aaron Curry at my SLB spot. Diles would be my backup SLB. I'd have Bentley and Adibi splitting reps at WLB.

Round 2: Emanuel Cook, SS South Carolina. 5'10" 212 Versatile safety. Makes plays all over the field. Can blitz, can cover, can tackle. Better than any safety we have ever had.

Round 3: James Davis, RB Clemson. Can work between the tackles and has speed.

Round 4: Sergio Render, RG Virginia Tech. 6'3" 308. Was on the freshman and sophomore All-American teams last two years. Has been playing well this season.

Round 5: Cullen Harper, QB Clemson. 6'4" 220. 2991 yards 27 TDs and only 6 INTs last year. This year he has 2075 yards 10 TDs 12 INTs. This year hasn't been very good, but he is worth taking a shot on at the top of the 5th.

Round 6 and 7: Go for DT, DE, or a Punter. Need to replace Turk.

19. mussop

mussop Hall of Fame

Dissagree! Our main priority should be to fix both lines by taking the best big uglys available to us whether theyre on the OL or the DL. This organizations biggest flaw was not taking care of this right of the bat. It should of been the #1 priority and stayed the #1 priority until it was taken care of. Name me one team taht has ever won anything with an average OL or DL. They both have to be good or one has to dominate its side enough to cover for weaker sides deficeincies.

Our OL is average at best. I dont care about stats. I care about performance at critical times of the game. Thats how an offense needs to be judged. How well they play when its most important. We get physically pushed around when we cant afford too. Thats not coaching thats being out talented. To become what we all want us to become we need to keep building both lines until they become our strength and our identity. Until this happens we will be right were we are right now.

Stienkular, Munchak, Mathews How many OL did the Oilers draft in the first round? They fixed their OL and they were contendars for years.

20. nero THE zero

nero THE zero Hall of Fame

He had a ton of missed tackles. The fact that Greenwood is a bad player is irrelevent to the fact that Adibi missed too many tackles.