Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Its time for McNair to step up.

mussop

Hall of Fame
And no this isnt another FIRE KUBIAK thread.

This is about McNair stepping up and doing good for this team. If he seriously thinks its the players that have not stepped up and is considering keeping Kubiak then fine. He needs to goto Kubiak now and say, you're job is secure, I beleive in you. Take the rest of the year and use it to evaluate what talent you have on the roster and to get ready for next year.

Play everyone you need to play to find out what you really have without worrying about winning or loosing. Let Kubiak know what ever he wants via FA and the draft will be at his disposal. Figure out who belongs and who dont. Do what ever he needs to do to ensure that next year you have the right players to get us over the hump.

Im not suggesting we throw the remaining games, just saying let Kubiak use these last few games to get unproven players some playing time to see if any of them can make a step up and help this team next year. This will give us a better understanding of what we really need to add next year so we wont have this players arent stepping up excuse to deal with next year.

This will be better in the long run than winning a few meaningless games (again) at the end of the year.

I agree. If he's going to stay with Kubiak as his man, then he needs to start MAKING that investment work. Open up the pocket book and show that you are still trying to win.

I would add that Mcnair needs to also step up and show some players the door too.

I can't believe this season can just be swept under the rug and forgotten and we go into next year toting the same playoff lines and Kubiak coaching. I just can't believe that.

I agree. If he's going to stay with Kubiak as his man, then he needs to start MAKING that investment work. Open up the pocket book and show that you are still trying to win.

I would add that Mcnair needs to also step up and show some players the door too.

Thats part of my suggestion too. Let Kubiak know - do whatevr it takes to get it done.

That way there is no excuses for next year. Consistant play and a playoff caliber team or its time to look elsewher for leadership of this team.

I can't believe this season can just be swept under the rug and forgotten and we go into next year toting the same playoff lines and Kubiak coaching. I just can't believe that.

Me neither but if thats the case then make sure that Kubiak is given every chance to succeed and there are NO excuses for anything less than a (once again) consistent playoff caliber team.

We keep reading Chron articles that tell us how upset he is with how the season has turned out. We see quotes that tell us as much.

We see his expression on the sidelines and think to ourselves "he must be fed up."

I don't buy any of it until I see him take action.

Here's quick prediction. Arian Foster gets some playing time- runs for 150+ yards. Kubes- "I should have given him playing time sooner...."

He's got to back up Kubiak in word and in wallet. One without the other won't do it, especially if Kubiak is retained with a city breathing down his neck.

Me neither but if thats the case then make sure that Kubiak is given every chance to succeed and there are NO excuses for anything less than a (once again) consistent playoff caliber team.

Well lets assume McNair gives him the vote of confidence and this scenario plays out. Lets even assume we win 9-11 games next year and make the playoffs. That would be Kubiak's first successful season out of 4 failures. Ok I'll even give him a pass on 2006 after coming off the 2-14 season, thats still 3 failure seasons compared to 1 good one. I don't think thats acceptable. And what if we make the playoffs next year despite Kubiak still managing the game poorly and we don't make progress offensively specifically the running game and play calling. That is a possibility. This team has won despite coaching shortcomings before.

I just think its become painfully evident that Kubiak ISN'T the guy. Not to turn this into a fire Kubiak thread but I can't get off my first point... I can't see us sweeping this season and the past 2 under the rug and go in next year saying the same BS.

Well lets assume McNair gives him the vote of confidence and this scenario plays out. Lets even assume we win 9-11 games next year and make the playoffs. That would be Kubiak's first successful season out of 4 failures. Ok I'll even give him a pass on 2006 after coming off the 2-14 season, thats still 3 failure seasons compared to 1 good one. I don't think thats acceptable. And what if we make the playoffs next year despite Kubiak still managing the game poorly and we don't make progress offensively specifically the running game and play calling. That is a possibility. This team has won despite coaching shortcomings before.

I just think its become painfully evident that Kubiak ISN'T the guy. Not to turn this into a fire Kubiak thread but I can't get off my first point... I can't see us sweeping this season and the past 2 under the rug and go in next year saying the same BS.

I agree 100% I am a pink soap guy. Im just saying IF McNair has made his mind up to keep Kubiak as the reports have indicated, then he needs to step up and give Kubiak a head start on next year. That is more important than winning a few meaningless games to make the win loss record look better.

If Kubiak is retained ther should be one and only one requirement of next season. This team needs to be playing consistent playoff caliber football.

I agree 100% I am a pink soap guy. Im just saying IF McNair has made his mind up to keep Kubiak as the reports have indicated, then he needs to step up and give Kubiak a head start on next year. That is more important than winning a few meaningless games to make the win loss record look better.

If Kubiak is retained ther should be one and only one requirement of next season. This team needs to be playing consistent playoff caliber football.

If McNair has made his mind up on Kubiak it was made up long before 4 weeks ago, before the losing streak. It seems like every week the past 4 weeks Kubiak has given more reasons to get fired and McNair clearly isn't taking note. So yeah, if he has made his mind up give him the vote of confidence. No point in dragging out the media circus. And for all of us fans it'll be better to know now then to get our hopes up for a pipe dream like Cowher.

What's with Kubiak hiding his 3-14 division record by winning so many
games against the rest NFL? Can we really go 1-5, 2-4 in division play
year in and year out, and still make the playoffs?

What's with Kubiak hiding his 3-14 division record by winning so many
games against the rest NFL? Can we really go 1-5, 2-4 in division play
year in and year out, and still make the playoffs?

QFT. You can't be the AFC South whipping boy.

Back