Its the off-season for chron.com too.

Discussion in 'Texan Tailgate' started by TEXANRED, Feb 20, 2008.

1. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

http://www.chron.com/sports/texans/

Now I understand that its the off-season but c'mon. Put a little effort into your sports section will ya?

I am not one of those people who bash on every media out let and lash out screaming about no respect or they don't get this or that right. However, John McClain is talking about getting ready for the combine and next months draft(which I thought was in April) during Anna-Megan's (who I really like) video they show a shot of her reading the Texans combine book to make it look like she is doing research and she is reading it back wards, and the guy who does the fan blog stated that Kubiak was a defensive minded coach. Also he has player draft ranking with Felix Jones rated 23rd overall and Mendenhall 26th. And under the top 20 FA he has got Trufant ahead of Samuel and at number 20 Larry Allen, who, I am pretty sure retired.

And ya I guess player rankings is more of opinion than science.

C'mon Chron, get your stuff together. I didn't pay any hard earned money to read all that for free on line. I expect a little more.

I hate the Off-season, I have way to much time on my hands.

Showtime100 likes this.
  2. AnthonyE

AnthonyE Lurker

I read that too, but I'll give TH the benefit of the doubt and say he probably meant defensive minded when it comes to the draft, meaning he likes to draft defensive players earlier than he would offensive.

3. Yankee_In_TX

Yankee_In_TX Dance Lindsay!

Really?
    Because of her journalism skills or [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. michaelm

michaelm vox nihili

Those red shorts (or whatever they're called) aren't very flattering to her journalism skills... don't get me wrong, I think she has a nice skill-set, but the shorts just don't emphasize the skill-set that well...

5. Yankee_In_TX

Don't get me wrong, I am not a fan of any of her skill sets, I was just surprised someone was.... Especially if they meant journalism....

6. WesmanTexanfan

WesmanTexanfan SeNior Smack

How am I supposed to take her seriously after seeing pics like these, wtf is she doing?

I don like her much anyway....

7. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

With pics like these she reminds me of the girls I dated when I was 25 and I was a limo driver and spending a lot my time in strip joints. As long as she is in Houston she will never be taken seriously.

8. Yankee_In_TX

You must not know who she is. She tried out for Texans. After that she became a "610 Ball Girl." There are TONS of pictures of her like that. Shortly thereafter, she became John McClain's sidekick. Draw your own inferences...

9. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

"Respect me for my mind and don't treat me like a sex object."

i.e. having her cake and eating it, too

10. TEXANRED

TEXANRED Texan-American

I like Anna-Meagan. I really do. She has some journalistic skills.

I do think she is hampered by John McClain. Notice anytime that she is doing an interview with him she is jittery and and almost seems like she gets tongue tied.

Expect for reading the Texans combine book like it was from Japan, it was pretty good. Oh, and Gary, if your on camera, try not to look at her chest.

I don't think she will ever be successful as long as she is with McClain, he is over bearing in interviews and it turns her into a smiling chimp. It more looks like father take your daughter to work day than it does an interview team.

Besides, who would you rather get your sporting news from, McCain, or Anna? No one is going to agree with them anyway so it might as well be the pretty one.

11. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

Does red make my butt look big?

12. Yankee_In_TX

Neither?

My point is, and maybe I'm wrong, but I would think one doesn't have very much journalistic respect when you got your job by doing bikini and lingerie appearances in sports bars?

13. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

Anna, i'd go to McCain if i wanted to hear about the state of the union. heh... srry.

they probably did that on purpose dude. she's trying to convey that she's got a sense of humor.

14. mexican_texan

mexican_texan Furry Tractors

McCain is a pretty poor writer, so I'll go with the Bimbo.

15. texanmojo

texanmojo Shotgun 30 Time

Anna Megan and Chance McClain hung out at TexanMojo this past season...we had a great time with them.

16. Specnatz

Specnatz Site Contributor

Did you have a pole for her to dance with?

17. Yankee_In_TX

McCain or McClain?

18. Kaiser Toro

Kaiser Toro Native Mod

Nice boots.

19. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Dallas Frog

A TON?I'm not sure if I can master google..lol..can you put them here so I know what you are talking about:photos: LMAO

Come on guys, I'm actually starting to see a debate regarding her journalism skills. She is a sidekick at this moment with potential..JMO.

20. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

We met her last season when hanging out with Texans Chick in the platinum lot. She's a really sweet kid, and I have no doubt that she is well intentioned.

BUT, having the desire to do something does not necessarily equate to actually being able to do it. I have no idea of her background or education, but there are many young people who dedicate their lives towards improving their journalistic skills. And these are the folks who need the breaks, because they are the ones with education and training on how to write articles with depth and knowledge. This is where Anna fails, because she just doesn't seem like she has the background to understand the nature of journalism. Maybe she does and relies on looks too much. But I can find bikini babes anytime. What I want is information and inside perspective that she has access to. I have yet to get it from her articles at this point.