Its Taylor Time!!!!

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Imatexanfan, Dec 31, 2006.

1. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

This guy is something else.

Breaking tackles and yards after the 1st hit is incredible! With closing in on 100yards rushing, in the 3rd quarter, with his first TD this season.:ok:

We still got the 4th quarter to play. I say he gets 150 yards!!
    He's really something special, I just don't understand why it took Kubes this long to play him?!:shades:

2. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

Kubiak was probably getting him ready to do things like this

3. Goldeagle

Goldeagle Hall of Fame

Great running by Taylor and now he just needs to be coached on the aspects of the game! Do you still want AP in the draft or are you set with DD (If healthy) Dayne and Taylor?

4. t_flare

t_flare Veteran

I will take my chances with DD comming back..if not i am confident with Taylor and Dayne... remember kubiak is a running system.. you dont need the name you need the game

5. hot pickle

hot pickle Canada Eh

did anyone else kinda notice that chester pitts was to taylor as to what larry allen is to gore?

6. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

I think Taylor would have done even better if he was splitting with Dayne. He even said he was winded after the game. Dayne and Taylor will be a good combo for us next year if we don't address the RB position in the offseason.

7. valleytexfan

valleytexfan Hall of Fame

Chris Taylor ran with a purpose...way to go!!!:ok:

8. Grid

Grid Hall of Fame

Taylor needs to hold onto the ball better. He came into this game with the "fumble problem" cloud over his head.. and still put the ball on the ground once.

If he can fix that problem this offseason, then I dont see why we couldnt go into next season with Taylor, Dayne, and Lundy as our runningbacks. between the three of them, and an improved oline, and a better QB, we should be able to run the ball effectively.

9. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke Hall of Fame

We wouldn't be in position to get AP even if we wanted to, but I liked what Taylor showed today. I do believe that Taylor and Dayne would make a great combo at RB. If DD does somehow come back, then we'll be overloaded at the position which is never a bad thing.

10. valleytexfan

Taylor, Dayne, lol. Sorry. :hides:

11. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

I'm shocked that they waited these last couple of games to put him in the mix. He was pretty good in the pre-season. He'll be back.

12. Imatexanfan

Imatexanfan Hall of Fame

It COULD happen, with more coaching in Taylor on his carrying techniques I don't think its funny but its a good possibility.:tease:

13. HoustonFan

HoustonFan Hall of Fame

:embarrass :penalty: It's all good though. :party:

14. valleytexfan

I meant the singer...lol

15. DRAMA

DRAMA All Pro

It looked like to me he didn't take his full counter step and was up on the FB and QB a little too quick. Looking at it again, it appears that the ball hits him just inside the hip. And as a RB, he can't look for the ball, the QB has to put it in there for him.

Just looked like a flub between RB and QB on the replay...IMHO.

16. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Hall of Fame

Botched snaps really don't bother me as much as a straight fumble.

I Botched snap is a just a mishap between two players, its nothing like running with the ball and putting it on the ground, like Cook did all year.

However with Vonta Leach we won't have to worry about that anymore :) that kid can play

17. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

Taylor Dayne. haha. i caught it, dont worry.

18. BeerFan

BeerFan Veteran

maybe we can get carnie wilson to play left tackle :marionaner:

19. Hardcore Texan

Hardcore Texan Magnet Man

Now that is humor. ROTFLMAO.

20. Koolbrz

Koolbrz Veteran

He was ok today. I still think we should go after Turner or the best back available in the draft. The backs on this roster are not all that. Too inconsistent. The only one with decent speed is Taylor. Dayne is too damn slow. Lundy is not very consistent. If we want a repeat of this yrs. running game, we stick with these guys.

IMHO, we need to go after a real GAMEBREAKER!! Someone thats a threat every time he touches the ball. I dont see that in the RB's we have. You seriously have to consider that we played the 32nd and 30th ranked rush defense's in the league the last two weeks. We only rushed for 102 yds during the game. Thats not including DC's -8 yds rushing. Not very impressive to me. We need to stop thinking that any back can come in and be a 1,000 yd back and go after the Best back available during Free Agency and/or the draft. I don't want the 2nd or 3rd best back available. I want the best!!! Of course it's gonna cost us something, but you have to give up something to get something.

I'm just sick and tired of thinking that what we have is good enough then the crap hits the fan during the season and everyone is B_ _ _ _IN!!! We need to show more testicular fortitude and go after players that are going to make a difference. Enough with the so-so players!! That is why we are in the position we are in now. That way of thinking sux!! I'm not just talking about the RB position. I am also talking about our QB position as well. Can't wait to see what the Texans next move will be!!