Keep Texans Talk Google Ad Free!
Venmo Tip Jar | Paypal Tip Jar
Thanks for your support! 🍺😎👍

"Its our destiny to..."

Imatexanfan

Hall of Fame
Never work to the full extent of what we are capable as a solid competive football team. With Kubes and Sherman being two different offensive mind sets its never gonna happen. You know why...no.

Kubiak was in Denver right well, Denver goes for smaller yet quick o-lineman and in Houston that won't work. "Mile High" is the reason the defense get exhausted too quickly and the smaller o-line makes more of a sense....in Denver NOT Houston.:cool:

As for Sherman he's run-oriented coach to an extreme, but with the small lineman and Mike wanting to run it all the time isn't gonna happen. So I say let Sherman go to Aggieland and Kubiak do it right.

Oh and Go Texans:texflag:

Kubiak was in Denver right well, Denver goes for smaller yet quick o-lineman and in Houston that won't work. "Mile High" is the reason the defense get exhausted too quickly and the smaller o-line makes more of a sense....in Denver NOT Houston.:cool:

Oh and Go Texans:texflag:

So the Broncos build their team to win only 8 games a season? What's the thinking when they are on the road?

Sadly, our RB situation is pretty poor. Green was a well taken risk but it just didn't work out. Dayne is actually slower than he was last year, if you can believe it. We let go of our young prospects because they didn't fit our system but keep slow guys who just dont hit the hole like Dayne. It just doesn't make any sense. Eche looked like he was willing to hit the hole but then he get insta-dinged. This Sunday's game should be really interesting.

Hopefully Green can get back on the field and we can see what we have with Chris at Center. It seems like the holes stopped opening up once McKinney went down rather than when Green went down. Flanagan should just retire..he was pathetic.

As fans we can take some solace that we could turn things around after the Bye Week. We should have Andre and Green back. Jacoby could start producing and the added work the WR corps had to do during the absence of AJ and a running game could really pay some dividends.

My problem hasn't been with the offense. They have showed the ability to move the ball and that is a big step from last year. This year is about the defense. There are no excuses for their performance. Maybe they try something new on defense after the Bye Week....just something. These guys are just horrible right now on the DLine. Even TJ has been invisible and he was one of the few guys giving 100%. Has he already quit? The other guys never even started so they didn't quit. (*Okoye disclaimer - He plays with a motor but he just has a lot to learn. At 20, he is immune to just about any criticism. Could be a great one.

Its still Club Med around here and its gonna take some better more experienced assistant coaching to fix things and put in a decent defensive scheme. Can Kubiak attract any decent coaching? It remains to be seen. The guy who has done the best job has been the guy I was worried about the most, Kyle Shanahan. The squad has really stepped up more than anyone expected when AJ went down. Hasn't translated into wins yet due to the deficiencies in every other area incl. special teams but I have been proud of their play for the most part.

I don't see why the zone blocking scheme can't work here with the right back and a healthy offensive line. Honeymoon is so right about McKinney. Its like the whole line disappeared when he did. I don't know that we will get to experience its full potential this year depending on Green. He is just not going to stay healthy enough. Once we limit the turnovers and everyone on this team gets serious about playing football I think we will be able to gut through some of our setbacks.

Kubiak was in Denver right well, Denver goes for smaller yet quick o-lineman and in Houston that won't work. "Mile High" is the reason the defense get exhausted too quickly and the smaller o-line makes more of a sense....in Denver NOT Houston.

Having a HoF QB in John Elway didn't hurt. Dude only took them to five Super Bowls and two NFL Championships.

Back