It's official, Irving Cowboys will become

Discussion in 'The National Football League' started by nunusguy, Nov 3, 2004.

1. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

the Arlington Cowboys when their new stadium is built in that Ft.Worth
    suburb per results from yesterdays bond financing election in Arlington. This is really more of a business and civic story about the city of Dallas than a sports story. Dallas continues to lose people and corporate entities to other communities in N.Texas. And now the Cowboys won't even be playing in a Dallas suburb. Dallas more & more is becoming the Detroit of Texas.

2. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I'm pretty sure Jerry Jones wouldn't have cared if they wanted to build the stadium in the middle of DFW Airport.

3. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

"A 75,000-seat retractable-roof stadium, with expansion possibilies to hold 120,000. A roof with 5 interlocking stars that opens towards the sky" ...

I heard this on the radio today, supposedly said by Jerry Jones.
    Going for being God's team now. :rolleyes:

4. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I hadn't heard the figure of 125 thousand only 100 thousand.

And the 5 interlocking stars hasn't been mentioned in any articles I've read either.

There was a website that I saw once and it never showed stars either but who knows? I know there is to be some sort of partnership between the Rangers and Cowboys to build some sort of complex that unifies both stadiums.

5. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

Something from Dallas the local morning sports radio guys said ..??
    Who knows ...Jerry's dreams maybe, but yeah, probably not feasible.

Anyway, whatever they do, their goal will be to outdo Reliant .. :rofl:

6. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

The website that I saw the picture of the stadium at is not working so they've either taken it down or it's got too many viewers.

It had a open end type endzone that I really can't describe without you seeing the picture. Unique but I'm not sure how it would work. It looked like people were walking on a long walkway but with no barriers or railings. I'm sure that would never be approved because of the danger of falling. It was very different looking though.

Personally I like open air stadiums but I know that is not feasible anymore for today's fans because of the weather and everybody wants a SB so they are all going retractable so they can accomodate one.

I do know the stadium will be a grass field. We'll see I guess.

I think the Jets are campaigning for a new stadium and their plan was very nice too.

7. JustBonee

JustBonee Hall of Fame

I know the picture you mean. I had it on the other Texan board... believe it's gone. Those were the old plans ... :hehe:

8. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

Yea it was a whole website with a picture of the stadium. And various other threads you could open with comments from players like Bob Lilly, etc.

It was really a weird picture with those open endzones and I just couldn't imagine how they could make that work.

The things they come up with nowadays!

9. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

They are just going to be in the same general area with alot of development around the two stadiums. Some sort of Cowboys amusement park idonno: Anywho all i know is I could care less where the Cowboys play and my sales tax just went up from 7.5 percent to 8.25. :thumbdown

10. El_DudeArino

El_DudeArino Veteran

That's to unAmerican for me... :thumbdown

11. Double Barrel

Double Barrel Modified Simian

Well good for the Cowboys!

Although I hate the Cowboys, I would hate to see them leave Texas even more!

12. HowBoutThemCowboys!

HowBoutThemCowboys! All Pro

This is great to have a new Arlington. Arlington is right in the middle of Fort Worth and Dallas. So it's convenant to get to. Most likely there will be a Superbowl there by 2011. Looks very impressive

lol, the stadium will be right next to a MLB ball park and a Six Flags just like you guys

13. Joe Texan

Joe Texan Inducted 04

Arlington is a perfect spot for the metroplex, right in the middle with freways coming and going

14. BigWig

BigWig Bigimus Wigimus

What you left out was the fact that you voters just lined Jerra's pockets even more. That money will go to the stadium all right but its coming out of your taxpaying pockets, not to mention the fact that they are only reimbursing the people who have to uproot their homes in the way for moving costs unless they go to court and sue. Knowing the area these peopl are most likely middle calss and could use some of Jerra's money.
    All I can say is I am so glad we have Mc Nair and company running our show and dont have to deal with a money grubber like Jones.

15. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

They haven't even secured the land where they are going to put the stadium. I would like to know the source of the information that all these people are going to be uprooted and tossed out.

It's not in the Chronicle, the Dallas Morning News, Ft. Worth Star Telegram or any other papers I've been able to goggle up this morning.

I'm not sure of the truth to all that. It's certainly possible. But I've yet to read a single article where anybody was going to lose their home. The certainty is the exact acreage where the stadium will be built has not been purchased yet.

16. cuppacoffee

cuppacoffee Resident Grouch

I was hoping they would move further west than that. :hehe:

17. ArlingtonTexan

ArlingtonTexan Moderator Staff Member

The site is in an older, poorer neighborhood that they are going to revitilze...i.e. buy people houses (hopely at a fair rate) or go eminate domain on them. Don't mind the stadium, but i politically and philosophically opposed to being taxed to support it.

18. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

I'll be interested to see how this all plays out and if people are dragged out kicking and screaming from their homes or if they go cash a nice big check and move on up. Nothing stops progress I guess.

19. StarStruck

StarStruck Site Contributor

Having lived through the stadium initiative in Houston, I can imagine the negative publicity from those against the new stadium for the Cowboys. I still hear comments from folks about all the funding needed for more critical needs, yet voters have no problem voting for McNair's new toy. Whether I like the Cowboys or not, from a growth and business prospective, the Cowboys are well overdue to upgrade their facilities and it will benefit more than the Cowboys organization, the same is with the Texans, their organization, and Houston as a whole.

20. WWJD

WWJD Hall of Fame

There are a few other teams with stadium plans in place. Some surprised me.

New Orleans Saints..

Arizona Cardinals..

NY Jets..

Minnesota Vikings

and another few I cannot recollect.

One was very odd looking. It had panels all the way around that looked like they peeled off. Very modernistic design.

It's sort of cool to see what these architects can come up with nowadays.