Its not going to happen, give it up!

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by jaayteetx, Mar 20, 2006.

1. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

We are NOT going to draft Vince Young, please, just get used to the idea. It makes absolutley no sense at all, since we picked up the option on Carr. From what I understand, we can't trade Carr since we would take a huge cap hit. There goes that theory for drafting Vince. Draft Vince and have the #1 draft pick holding a clipboard for two to three years, backing Carr up? Do you really think a brand new head coach, not just to this team, but to the league wants to have to wait that long to reap benefits from that pick? I for one, sure don't. Drafting Bush, or trading down, now that is reality brothers and sisters. This being said, I sure hope VY gets drafted by an NFC team.

2. Texas

Texas Hall of Fame

I think this has been said in like 64 other threads. Scroll back and check it out

3. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

Maybe it has, people are still delusional thinking we'll draft VY.

4. Paragon Blue

Paragon Blue Veteran

:deadhorse
    Well said!!!!!!

5. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

While I empathize, you are repeating a old thought in a new thread in the wrong forum. As well, this seems late ... the Vince-mania has more or less died down, at least until the UT pro day (two more days of peace.)

I'm with you. And I note with a laugh that you have the word "teet" in your name. Hahahaha.

6. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

7. Doom Capers

Doom Capers Veteran

8. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

No, for real, what does your name mean? If Teet is your last name forgive me for being juvenile.

powerfuldragon likes this.
  9. thunderkyss

thunderkyss Salem Poor

:stirpot:

Didn't we just take a hit with Walker?? Weren't some folks seriously wanting to take a hit for trading DD??

I've been dreaming for the past 4 years, why should I stop now?? REality isn't getting it done for me.

10. jerek

jerek Pro Hobbyist

Just FYI, I believe DC's cap hit is over double what Walker's was and DD's would be.

Either way, if by some ridiculous long shot we do draft Vince, I think the FO would keep Carr here for a year while Vince was prepped. No way he would start right off the bat.

11. powerfuldragon

powerfuldragon g'mornin to you

i agree with your statement that teet is a hillarious last name, however i think his name stands for J (jay) T (tee) Texas (TX)

why do people even respond to threads like this.

12. Maddict5

Maddict5 Hall of Fame

exactly after the rose bowl it was about 50/50 between VY and Bush/Trade..now most people know its reggie and have accepted it. even the remainder of the VY fans accept its a very long shot now and are basically just hoping against hope and have stopped making 'VY is a god' threads:yahoo:

13. kbourda

kbourda Hall of Fame

Now what makes you think this is going to stop people from having hope? If I had a dollar for negative thing said about VY (i.e. posting articles from so and so writer discrediting VY, charging for autographs, Wonderlich, etc.) i'd be a rich man. If it bothers you, ignore it. I ignore all of this blatant disrespect of this man's game. It's as if some people on this board (and you know who i'm talking about) are getting paid to do so. So really all of this stuff is just tired. Yes, I mean all of it. Do I want the Texans to draft Young? You bet I do. Do I think it's going to happen? No. But I can hold out hope. And lastly, would VY be the first #1 pick at QB to sit and learn? And how certain are you that his "learning curve" is two to three years? He could come in and set the league on fire. Nobody knows that. Sure VY could bust (which i'm sure most on this board are looking forward to), but what if he doesn't?

thunderkyss likes this.
  14. AustinJB

AustinJB All Pro

Well said. I'm right there with you.

I have refrained from posting anything pro-VY in a while b/c it has gotten tiresome to argue back and forth...and it seems highly unlikely that we'll draft him at this point. But I am still holding out hope....and I still think we'll be looking for a QB in two or three years anyway.:twocents:

thunderkyss likes this.
  15. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I'm not saying one negative thing about the man, I'm just saying we're not going to draft him. Doesn't make any sense, not with what the organzation did with Carr's contract. As far as coming in and setting the league on fire, how many rookie QBs have done that? I can think of one, maybe two. Marino and maybe Rothlisberger. Although I think the latter just did a really good job of not losing the game his rookie year. Odds are against it, thats for sure. Too much for those guys to digest first couple of years.

16. TexanFan881

TexanFan881 Hall of Fame

He's going to be the Aaron Rodgers of this year's draft. Maybe we can get him in the second round lol:

17. MONARCH

MONARCH Rookie

Greetings pal.....

...from the way that I view it, us fans have been holding clip boards for four long years as well......only to end up with a 2-14 national disaster........it makes me wonder just what were you holding?

You sound as though the VY absolutely has no right to be considered for the first pick honor overall......for I mean VINCE YOUNG, just so happens to be the player responsible for UT winning what is arguably one of the greatest gridiron victories ever.......as well as winning the MVP TROPHY to boot!

STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE YOURSELF OTHERWISE AT OUR EXPENSE! You have your picks......and we have ours......AND SO SHALL THE TEXANS! COME HOME VINCE!
    MONARCH

18. jaayteetx

jaayteetx Hall of Fame

I'm not exactly following your analogy, but I guess I was holding airline tickets, game tickets and hotel receipts from going to games home and away for the Texans the last four years. You see, I live out of state and can't just jump in my car and head out to Reliant to see the game every Sunday. Now I haven't been to every game, but I've been to enough to feel like I have more than just a passing interest in this team. Like I said before, I don't have anything bad to say about the man. Heck, I've loved his game for the last three years while he played for UT. He's just not going to be drafted by us, thats all. Not going to happen, never, ever. Makes no sense from the moves this team has made.

19. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

Actually, he is not a good QB, just a fast RB who throws the ball sometimes. So, we need not worry bout this kid becoming good, it just will not happen. As a receiver, I think he could be really good. This is my un-biased hypothesis. As for Reggie McNeal too.

20. uhcougar08

uhcougar08 SHSUKATS08

No.........you are the only one with that pick. The rest of the world knows that he need not be picked over Reggie Bush. The Texans even know that. Keep dreaming buddy......because that is all that it is......a dream.