ITB:Well, for Openers, that Sucked

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Wolf, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Wolf

Wolf 100% Texan

http://www.inthebullseye.com/

2. Arky

Arky Veteran

What the heck is ESPN up to? I just watched a little segment with Tom Jackson and a virtual-in-studio/EA Mario and a Pittsburgh tackle. They show Mario being handled on three of the Pittsburgh TD's. Not a damn thing about the 2 sacks, 6 tackles, 1 FF...

3. DiehardChris

DiehardChris You betcha!

I didn't see the segment - but I'm guessing it wasn't a knock on Mario - it was probably done to illustrate how Mario has NO help on the d-line, and that Pittsburgh could easily double or triple-team him with no fear.

4. Arky

Arky Veteran

Well, I've seen it twice now and it is a little bit with ESPN's Tom Jackson playing the instructor with the virtual/EA figures of Mario and the Pittsburgh tackle. They break down Mario's technique of rushing and how he holds his arms. On one example, they show Mario over-rushing and Parker running inside for a TD. The other two examples were just simple pass plays were Mario didn't get to the QB in time before the QB got the ball off for TD's. I mean, if I didn't know any better, I might assume it was Mario that was responsible for those 3 TD's. They certainly didn't make him look good. Why are they nitpicking on Mario's technique? Why not pick on Jared Allen or anybody else? I still don't understand the purpose of the "lesson"... Perhaps they just wanted to try out their new tech?.... idonno:

5. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Are you seriously whining about not getting Texans highlights after a 35-3 blowout? (The rest of the game was meaningless).

6. Arky

Arky Veteran

Whining? I don't believe I was whining. Please read again.

I questioned ESPN's handling of a demonstration and thought it quite strange. You got any answers?