Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

"IT" - The difference between VY and Carr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Texan_Bill

Hall of Fame
We have a guy going into his sophmore....errr.....6th season next year, and a team that hasn't accomplished what the VY led titans have this year....

How come guys just can't say "I was wrong" ???? Or atleast "I could be wrong" ???
First, you did not see me mention Carr. Second, I haven't really said anything negative about Vince, other than (in other threads) that he played for a rival high school, a rival university and now for a crappy owner. I actually rooted for him in the last two Rose Bowls. I think he is extremely talented. I think time will show, that he was the best player drafted for anyone in a really long time...

The Dream

All Pro
LOL... I'll watch and hope local guy does well BUT rest assured, the Titan bandwagon is one you'll never - ever get me on...

Actually I can't say never.... Bud may pass some day..... hmmmmmmm!
this was sick and twisted, but very funny

S

SESupergenius

Doug Williams was the first QB to get them to the playoffs. The Bucs had never been to the playoffs before Williams arrived. He led them to the playoffs three times in four years and played in the 1979 NFC Championship Game. Before Williams arrived the Bucs were much like our current Texans.
Williams also won a Super Bowl, was the MVP as well. He has a little "IT" too. i don't know what point you are making with Dilfer however. I never really said anything about Williams.

TNTitan

Waterboy
ookie quarterbacks usually suck balls. It seems as if that stage has already come and gone for VY.

Not only is VY a rookie, but he was an early entry from UT (although he did redshirt, so he spent 4 years in the program). And here are his stats...

169-321 (52.6%)
1972 yards
12 TDs
11 INT
Rushing: 81-523 (6.5 ypc), 6 TD
8-7 (8-4 as a starter)

So lets look at some other notable rookies. I will focus on "athletic" qbs...

John Elway (the guy who VY reminds me most of)
123-259 (47.5%)
1663 yards
7 TDs
14 INT
Rushing: 28-146 (5.2 ypc), 1 TD
9-7

Roger Staubach
23-47 (48.9%)
1 TD
2 INT
Rushing: 15-60 (4 ypc), 1 TD
11-2

Randall Cunningham
34-81 (42%)
548 yards
1 TD
8 INT
Rushing: 29-205 (7.1 ypc), 0 TD
7-9

Steve Young
72-138 (52.2%)
935 yards
3 TD
8 INT
Rushing: 40-233 (5.8 ypc), 1 TD
2-14

Donovan McNabb
106-216 (49.1%)
948 yards
8 TD
7 INT
Rushing: 47-313 (6.7 ypc), 0 TD
5-11

Mike Vick
50-113 (44.2%)
785 yards
2 TD
3 INT
Rushing: 31-289 (9.3 ypc), 1 TD
7-9
http://forums.titansonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22497

hmm posted from titans forum

Hookem Horns

Texans Talk Bartender
Staff member
Doug Williams was the first QB to get them to the playoffs. The Bucs had never been to the playoffs before Williams arrived. He led them to the playoffs three times in four years and played in the 1979 NFC Championship Game. Before Williams arrived the Bucs were much like our current Texans.
Williams did it in his second year in the league and at the time he was drafted the team was just 2 years old. True, the Bucs were like the Texans except the Bucs drafted defense first (DE Lee Roy Selmon) in their first year and then waited on a quality QB. Their formula got them into the playoffs in just their 3rd season of existance. I wish the Texans would have followed that same formula and taken Julius Peppers.

BTW, Dilfer was a stiff at Tampa. Bubby Brister would have won a Super Bowl with that Ravens defense, and so would Carr. So if the Texans keep Carr they better build an historic defense.

LORENZOF33

Practice Squad
Man, this is like comparing apples to oranges!! lol...come on!!! This is like the Varsity squad playing the JV "B" team......lol....this is a laugher!! The thing that gets me about Carr is the smirks during interviews after a loss! Whats up with that? Its his nonchalant I really dont care we lost long as my faimly loves me type attitude........dude is like the tin man...no heart! No passion.... He just doesn't have "IT" like VY.

tulexan

Hall of Fame
Is "IT" a FB who doesn't fumble every time he catches the ball? Or is "IT" a CB who doesn't get burned for two 83 yard touchdowns in one game?

HJam72

Hall of Fame
If I could just once see a receiver catch a Carr pass over the shoulder, in stride, and keep going, I'd be convinced that Carr is not the problem. Will I ever see that with bad pass blocking and 3 step drops? I doubt it.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Is "IT" a FB who doesn't fumble every time he catches the ball? Or is "IT" a CB who doesn't get burned for two 83 yard touchdowns in one game?
My vote is for the CB (and our multi-injured, hobbling LT), but Cook would make a good practice squad player right about now.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame
If I could just once see a receiver catch a Carr pass over the shoulder, in stride, and keep going, I'd be convinced that Carr is not the problem. Will I ever see that with bad pass blocking and 3 step drops? I doubt it.
Just offhand, think back to the opening game of the season and the opening drive. IIRC, Carr hit Moulds over the middle in stride for a huge gain.

That might have been the last time all season. Where the hell did that go to? I remember feeling really optimistic after seeing that play.

HJam72

Hall of Fame
Just offhand, think back to the opening game of the season and the opening drive. IIRC, Carr hit Moulds over the middle in stride for a huge gain.

That might have been the last time all season. Where the hell did that go to? I remember feeling really optimistic after seeing that play.
Not sure, but I don't think I got to see that game, which figures.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club

Was that the Moulds touchdown pass??

If so, that didn't hit Moulds in stride. He actually picked that one out of a defenders hands, then got mad YAC for the TD.

Now the opening drive of the Washington game, when AJ ran behind the defense, Carr delivered a good pass to AJ in stride. He was coming across the field, so it wasn't exactly over his shoulder.

But I've been rewatching some of our games, and Miami was a pretty good game for David. Some really good passes, and not a lot of the dinking & dunking. But several good throws.

The Pencil Neck

Hall of Fame

If so, that didn't hit Moulds in stride. He actually picked that one out of a defenders hands, then got mad YAC for the TD.

Now the opening drive of the Washington game, when AJ ran behind the defense, Carr delivered a good pass to AJ in stride. He was coming across the field, so it wasn't exactly over his shoulder.

But I've been rewatching some of our games, and Miami was a pretty good game for David. Some really good passes, and not a lot of the dinking & dunking. But several good throws.
No, I think I might be thinking about the throw to AJ against the Redskins where he was pushed out at the 2.

The only game I've still got on Tivo is the Colts game so I can't go back and check. I had thought it was Moulds, though.

Hulk75

Veteran

Acctually the ball was thrown perfectly, out of the way of the Saftey, it had a little zip on it. The ball was were it should have been.

Dink and Dunk was our running game through 75% of the season.

Frills

Waterboy
The "IT" is a running game and a line.

Capers and Pendry ruined Carr.

VY is a Titan now, go hug his nuts on their message boards.

swtbound07

Jackass of Day!
Acctually the ball was thrown perfectly, out of the way of the Saftey, it had a little zip on it. The ball was were it should have been.

Just for my curiousity, are you and QB75 related?

HoustonFrog

Dallas Frog
The "IT" is a running game and a line.

Capers and Pendry ruined Carr.

VY is a Titan now, go hug his nuts on their message boards.
Didn't our running game win our last two games for us, including the Colt game?You know, when we took it out of the QBs hands. And Pendry, the guy who just helped Romo make a Pro Bowl. Devil's Advocate.

thunderkyss

Just win baby!!!
Staff member
Contributor's Club
If that's what you consider perfect..... or were it should have been, then I now understand why David ranks so high on your list. Your Good QBs would have put that over Moulds' head, were there were no defenders at all. It would have been over his outside Shoulder, like The Pencil Neck originally stated.
are you exagerating for effect, or are you serious?? 75% of a 16 game season would be 12 games. Are you saying we rushed for less than 100 yards in 12 out of 16 games??

TEXANRED

Texan-American
Bad thunderkyss................bad................NO!

Resurrecting the "IT" thread, you should be ashamed of yourself.

:jk: :includeme:

now as a leader of your team, I expect a guy to have a nasty, disgusting look on his face....why???.....not because he's a bad sport or because he's too immature to handle a loss....because he's a leader, and damnit, that's what leaders do.........

Now lets take a look at VY........After losing out to Reggie Bush for the Heisman he was angry, disgruntled, perhaps even a little depressed.
I think that's overrated. That's like saying, the Astros play better when Clemens is on the mound. You would THINK they would but the reality is that they don't. Roger can't get run support to save his life.

The "It" that Carr is missing his timing. Peyton Manning thrives on timing and rhythm. Even Peyton falls apart when the line breaks down and his timing gets screwed.

Palmer, Pendry, and Capers also made David too conservative. They were so scared of turnovers that David has been trained to believe, "when in doubt don't throw the ball." There is always doubt.

axman40

Hall of Fame
Young went 8-5 as a starter for a team that had won only nine games the previous two seasons combined.

I would have to say advantage VY for now!

:hides:

Kaiser Toro

Native Mod
The only thing Carr has on VY is being the Number One pick in the draft. Outside of that Carr is simply a squirrel looking for a nut in VY's backyard.

Status
Not open for further replies.