Is Todd Wade the answer to our LT woes?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by Hottoddie, Sep 24, 2005.

1. Hottoddie

Hottoddie Hall of Fame

By that, I mean, if Carr continues to struggle & at some point is replaced by Ragone, that would, in essence, make Wade our new LT, only, from the right side (Ragone's blind side). He's been a solid RT for us, but does he have the ability/mobility to play the franchise tackle position?

Not that any of this is going to ever happen, but, could Wade protect Ragone's blind side effectively?

Any opinions?

2. F-minus67

F-minus67 Hall of Fame

I'd say he is just as mobile and more athletic than than Riley, so I think he can do it.

3. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

I don't even know where to begin. Todd Wade has not been all that solid. The first half of last year was solid; the second half not close to solid. He's too slow to handle the best pass rusher on the defense, which is what he'd see if we had a left handed QB. We've had pressure throughout the line, not just the LT whipping boy position.

If he was that good, he'd have been moved to LT - since that wasn't even tried at training camp should say somenthing,

4. gtexan02

gtexan02 Working?

Dont you see that our coaches ruined him. "He was good first half of last year," translates into = "He was good after playing in Miami. "the second half not close to solid" translates into "Our coaches coached him"

5. nunusguy

nunusguy Hall of Fame

Though he's certainly not amoung the best in the league, maybe not even amoung the better LTs in our 4 team division, I still think Chester P. is the best LT on our team and I have no idea what they're saving him for ?

6. yaboycm

yaboycm Veteran

Please! Please! Please! Don't say replace Carr with [​IMG]

But, if you want to replace Carr with "The Beaver's" wife, that is fine. She can get out there and prance around in lingerie, leading us to an 0-16 season, enabling us to pick Ol' Leinart. Would certainly be more entertaining to watch than this garbage.

7. Elite

Elite Veteran

Dont worry with David Carr at QB we are a lock for the 1st overall pick and thats the only thing that makes me happy right now.

8. Runner

Runner Hubcap Diamond Staff Member

Agreed - I've posted before that our players rarely improve year to year. Poor coaching or coaching that won't adjust to take advantage of a player's strengths.

9. yaboycm

yaboycm Veteran

Depends, do you want an even crappier quaterback?