Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Is there anyway to speed up the clock!!

Ibar_Harry

All Pro
The news is quite frankly boring. I suspect, like many others, would certainly like to be getting some reports from the camps and the coaches. We aren't seeing much about our players, but that really might be good news compared to what we are seeing about some. It certainly has been quiet. Not even any news from the training rooms. No comments on WR's and QB's working together.

I did notice one interesting comment on Shocky and the Giants regarding his training in Florida and not with the rest of the Giants. I've said something similar with respect to AJ and Carr. It is the one thing that bothers me about AJ and Carr's development as a big time twosome in the NFL. Harrison and Manning spend endless hours working out together and that's why they are what they are. It helps when the QB and the WR are on the same page.

Ibar_Harry said:
I did notice one interesting comment on Shocky and the Giants regarding his training in Florida and not with the rest of the Giants. I've said something similar with respect to AJ and Carr.

AJ and Shocky's situations aren't similar at all. Shocky is missing voluntary work-outs and now some involuntary work-outs to do his own thing. AJ attends all the Texans' work-outs and in addition works out on his own.

It is the one thing that bothers me about AJ and Carr's development as a big time twosome in the NFL. Harrison and Manning spend endless hours working out together and that's why they are what they are. It helps when the QB and the WR are on the same page.

Are you trying to say they get together for work on top of the team sponsored events? Basically these guys are both at the top of their positions and have played together in the same offense for years now so they have a rapport. It will take AJ and Carr a while to develop that--in addition to an overall effective OL and offense generally.

Here is a good description of Manning/Harrison's relationship:

Link

Someone invent a time machine real quick. Don't worry about going back in time to save Lincoln or JFK. Just fast forward through the offseason. Thanks :cool:

Ibar_Harry said:
It is the one thing that bothers me about AJ and Carr's development as a big time twosome in the NFL. Harrison and Manning spend endless hours working out together and that's why they are what they are. It helps when the QB and the WR are on the same page.

Yes it does help if the QB and WR are on the same page. It also helps if the fans understand how they get there.

Something's different at these coaching sessions. You can't really describe it but you can certainly sense it when David Carr drops back into the pocket and looks towards Andre Johnson.

"There's a body language," offensive coordinator Chris Palmer said Wednesday. "It's like going into a bar and the girl across the bar looks at you and it's just unspoken."

That’s what Palmer was referencing earlier – trust. Carr has been throwing to Johnson for two seasons but now it’s evident the pair is starting to connect at a higher level.

“It's an unspoken language between the quarterback and the wide receiver,” Palmer said. “David and Andre are at that point. And what's great is that they can grow the rest of their careers together and get even better as time goes on.

Link

infantrycak said:
Yes it does help if the QB and WR are on the same page. It also helps if the fans understand how they get there.

Link

I hope that it is happening. My point is still that the great combos spend a lot of time together in the off-season. Doesn't happen in this case. What Palmer is seeing is good, but could it even be better could also be the question. Again, its not that I'm not aware of what the receivers and QB on the same page means, quite the opposite, I'm upset they are not spending more time together.

Actually what is even funnier about all of this is that the things that I say need to happen are suddenly been linked to and quoted as happening. I find that interesting. Could it be what the Texan's offense will begin to click if we fix the O-line. Heaven forbid that would be a relavtion. God bless all of you and I really hope the Texans do us proud this year.

Bottle-O-Bud said:
Madden NFL..... did the devil make this game? It is soo tempting

1) I am all excited about Juppro. We have a real TE this year?
2) The Bull will push Walker hard.... we might see the second comming of Pro Bowler G-Funk
3) Peek! Finally a starter.....
4) Babin - see what he did in the off season, I am expecting alot from this guy

i though BJ was hurt again, or was it not serious, i mean i havent been hearing much news about anything so maybe i'm way behind.

TexansTrueFan said:
i though BJ was hurt again, or was it not serious, i mean i havent been hearing much news about anything so maybe i'm way behind.

The original thread was from before BJ shredded his knee. He is done for the year. :ouch:

hmmm people bringing up some old threads. i can understand considering theres not much news to talk about. Cant wait for off-season to be over :crying:

Ibar_Harry said:
I hope that it is happening. My point is still that the great combos spend a lot of time together in the off-season. Doesn't happen in this case.

If you had ever bothered to read the link provided above about Manning & Harrison you would see they did what Carr & AJ are doing. No great mystery here or summer long sleepovers, just time together at team organized events.

Grrrr. They ran out of time so they said that Billy Miller and Palmer would join them tommorrow. There went an hour :dangit:

Back