Is The Writing On The Wall???

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by jdm12, Jan 18, 2007.

1. jdm12

jdm12 Rookie

Now that Kyle Shanahan has been promoted to QB coach, is DC as good as gone? One of the reasons Kubes was hired was to fix DC. One year into Project DC someone else is taking over. I also find it ironic that of all the QB's and receivers DC was the only person Kyle was unable to get a hold of.

Or was Kubes wearing to many hats and finally farming out other team duties?

J

2. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

I guess this beats promoting the TE coach to QB coach....I guess.

3. Reddevil63

Reddevil63 Hall of Fame

Or a crappy o-line coach to a worse o-coordinator

4. Coach C.

Coach C. Hall of Fame

Lil Kyle was offense quality control at Tampa Bay working with QBs and Receivers. I think it fits, and it means that now Kyle will be the go between for Carr and Kubiak. Kubiak will still be the main QB coach, HC, and OC, but this allows him to focus more on fixing or improving whatever QB we have and managing gameplans and games better. We will need a Receivers coach.

5. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

I am on the other side of the coin, lil Kyle (love the nickname) and Carr seem to click together and if Carr was going to be out the door, an experinced Qb coach would have been named. I do not think Lil Kyle would be asked to show Plummer the ropes and take a rookie QB under his wing. No matter how much of a future guru the guy is, that is too much of him.

6. HOU-TEX

HOU-TEX Ah, Football!

I agree, but I'm concerned about who the O-line coach is going to be. Other than QB, it needs alot of coaching. IMO, we need an experienced coach for our O-line. Not only to coach the remaining squad, but to blend in whoever we pick up in the offseason without disrupting whatever cohesiveness we had, if any.:)

7. old football fan

old football fan Veteran

agree, but I'm concerned about who the O-line coach is going to beJohn Benton is the Oline Coach

8. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

Actually moving a guy who is young and who has little experience would fit perfect with a guy like Plummer or a vet because it would be less teaching and more on the job learning and talking.

9. Porky

Porky Hall of Fame

Great. A QB coach who is still wearing a bib and working toward eating solid foods.

[​IMG]

10. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

I just don't think a vet would listen to a 27 year old QB coach and I don't think Kubes would put lil Kyle in that situation.

11. HoustonFrog

HoustonFrog Chitown Frog

He has to learn sometime. Add to that, why would a 27 year old QB coach be able to fix a QB who has been broke on our team. Honestly, I'm not going to read to much on either side of it. I'm sure they are just putting pieces in place because of guys leaving, etc.

12. Vinny

Vinny shiny happy fan Staff Member

What do you think Carr is after half a decade of starting in the NFL? Carr has nearly 80 NFL starts.

13. Honoring Earl 34

Honoring Earl 34 Hey Koolaid

This means Chris Sims is coming to Houston .

14. hollywood_texan

hollywood_texan Hall of Fame

I think you guys maybe reading too much into this.

Kubiak may have a good relationship with Kyle and Kyle understands and listens well to Kubiak and follows the orders to the T. Basically, this could be just really an assistant position to the QB coach while he carries a bigger title to pad his resume.

I guess what I am saying is, I don't think this really means Carr is staying or going.

There are 32 teams in the league, there are a shortage of experienced and well qualified players and coaches. Every team is going to have some young and inexperienced people at key positions.

15. cj5776

cj5776 Veteran

Maybe it is nothing more than my gut speaking... Plummer has been successful on a level Carr has not. I just do not see Kubes promoting Kyle if Plummer is coming. With Carr footwork, confidence, and pocket presence has been his biggest downfalls. I feel Kyle was given this position with the intention that he was the most qualified to deliver in those specific areas. Plus they seem to have the relationship to accomplish those objectives.

I apologize in advance that this posting is nothing more than my gut and is not based on any factual evidence.

16. edo783

edo783 Site Contributor

And 99.9999 percent of the post here are based on facts? This board is about the biggest tea reading seminar going.

old football fan and tsip like this.
  17. Hulk75

Hulk75 Hall of Fame

No flippin Kidding........

Speaking of Kyle, did any of you see Dre blow up at Kyle in the last game vs the browns. It was after the "PI" call were they said he pushed off. Dre was not happy and when Dre is mad and you have a young coach trying to talk to him that is just not going to work.

I hope they get a good WR coach in here thats not younger than Dre and knows what he is talking about.

Anyone know of any????????

18. texans83

texans83 All Pro

Yea its going to be hard for lil kyle to really get on to QBs when they do something wrong, or try to tell them what to do

19. A Texan

A Texan Veteran

Not likely even though Simms and Shanahan are the best of friends. Simms just signed a new contract with TB last month and loves it there.

20. wrestler4life

wrestler4life Veteran

I don't see him being too young for the position. Coaches at all positions are getting youger. How old was Bill Cowher when he became head coach? Like 34, 36?
    Sounds like Kyle is right in line as far as age goes.