Is the season over?

Discussion in 'Texans Talk' started by nut, Oct 5, 2008.

1. nut

nut All Pro

If the purpose of an NFL team is to make the playoffs and attempt to win championships, we are done after one-fourth of the season. No way is this team going to come back from that. It would take too much heart (and talent).

This post will probably get erased. I'm sure the Texans don't want people thinking about the total price of their season tickets. We did pretty good in preseason though.

2. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

I feel for all those season ticket holders that Mcnair is so proud of

3. Historyhorn

Historyhorn Veteran

The short answer is yes.

We can't make the playoffs from here.

In this "World Tuned Upside Down" NFL year, I really thought we had a chance to win the division. Peyton hurt, traditionally give the Jags fits, & Ten lacking offense. Perfect situation for us.

Well, we've taken that and found new ways to step on our schlongs. Sing it with me....."It's draft prep time in Texas" to the tune of "It's football time in Texas".

4. Mr. White

Mr. White H-Town Beatdown

The short answer: yes.

I can't help but think that we're bearing witness to "2-14 Strikes Back" this season.

5. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

No, there are 12 more games to suffer through before we get to choose who the #1 pick is.

6. mattieuk

mattieuk Site Contributor

Yes, most probably.

The season will now go as such:

Winning an amount of games that rule us out of a really good 1st round pick next year, yet not getting near a wild-card place.

The thing that really sucks, is that talent wise, we're not that bad.

7. J-Russ

J-Russ Hall of Fame

For me and alot of other Texan fan, yes. So much for that playoff run. Back to the drawing board, we'll have to endure the rest of the season before the real excitment comes, the draft. yippie.

8. will742

will742 Nukkkk

So much for all those "the answer is now" commercials they play at the end of all texans videos. :thinking: Pretty ironic if you ask me.

9. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

Yeah it's done.

With how we played as a team today...we could win a lot of games...at the same time we get in positions where we can win the game and just don't win it because someone didn't call a timeout, someone missed a tackle or two, someone didn't challenge a play or some other thing.

I still have faith that we could go over .500 with how we've played the last two weeks. Even still we are just in such a deep hole now it doesn't matter unless other teams start choking.

10. The1ApplePie

The1ApplePie Hall of Fame

So I guess all those "Texans are picking in the 20s in the draft" statements kind of go out the window

11. ATXtexanfan

ATXtexanfan Site Contributor

As of now, it's all about getting ready for next year, oh well, at least we have a 2nd rd pick

12. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Yep it over .........

NOw we play just to PLay

but has of now getting the first pick PLZZZZ i think we will be somewhere in the 11-19 Pick

13. LonerATO

LonerATO Hall of Fame

Now is the time we spam the NCAA/Draft section with mocks and players we should get in FA!

14. CrosbyTexansFan

CrosbyTexansFan Rookie

Yes.........didn't you get the memo?.....it was hand delivered by Sage Rosenfelds today.

Texans will be very lucky to win 2 games this season.

Bring on the Rockets!:headhurts:

15. TexanSam

TexanSam Hall of Fame

A tiny part of me is hoping we suck the rest of way, finish 4-12 or 3-13, fire Kubiak and bring in Bill Cowher.

16. kiwitexansfan

kiwitexansfan Site Contributor

They neglected to include the question; when does any hope of the Texans making the playoffs end?

mattieuk likes this.
  17. nut

nut All Pro

If we win half our remaining games, our record will be 4-12. That would probably be proclaimed a success. I like the Texans but I am just sick of the losing. It's like that movie "Groundhog Day".

18. junior

junior Veteran

actually our record would be 6-10 if we win half, but I will second the idea of bringing in Cowher.

19. eriadoc

eriadoc Texan-American

The season is merciless - it's not even close to being over. We will all suffer greatly.

20. Leahmic223

Leahmic223 Hall of Fame

This is has been the worst season so far. I'm serious. Not a Knee-Jerk reaction.

Because when we were bad...you could watch the game expect to lose...and when you lost it didn't affect you...

Last season we were a mediocre team, and we knew that's what we were going to be coming in.

This season just sucks though. First we get blown out and embarrassed at Pitt. Then we were out coached in Tenn...then we lose a heart-breaking game in OT...then this just describes itself.

On top of being 0-4...you have teams like the Dolphins and Atlanta...and they both look better than your team despite completely sucking a year ago. The only way for ME (keyword ME) to be happy about this season is if they win at least 9 of the remaining games.

Yeah we had a tough schedule...IMO though our guys should have stepped up to the schedule and at the least be 1-3. I expected us to be 2-2 right now so I guess that is why i'm disappointed.