Is RT a need now

Discussion in 'College Football & the NFL Draft' started by Norg, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

With all our divison foes Getting DE is RT a need now ??? i like winston and all but some times he has a tough time stopping Elite DE

i dont want to see Matt running for is life this year or even more so then last time

2. Jackie Chiles

Jackie Chiles Hall of Fame

3. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

I think it his look at all these teams

Colts SD Saints Pittsburg Ravens are all now passing teams they do pretty well

we are a pasSing team IMO i can live with Slaton/Foster/Moats

so im on the boat on lets not get a RB in round 2 and instead finally fine a Stud RT Center Guard or DT

4. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

3 of those teams have won SB's because of good running games. I'm not judging, I'm just saying.

5. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Whaaa

Colts do nothing but win has won a Super Bowl on there passing attack

SD goes to the PLayofss almost every year and been to a AFCCG with there giant WR and the passing attack

Pittsburg won 2!!!! SB with there new Passing attack and with big ben scrambling and making playswith his arm

Ravens are turing into a passing team Werent they in a AFCCG like a year ago

Im just saying COlts seem to do fine with a older RB THe chargers got by with a older RB these past few years

6. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

Colts SD Saints Pittsburg dont really have good running games how can there be 3 ????

7. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

Saints had a good running game this past season. Colts had one when they won the SB a few years ago and so did the Steelers. The Steelers almost always have a good ground game.

8. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

The Chargers also had a certain RB named Ladainian Tomlinson on the team, along with Mike Turner and Sproles. The running game figured very prominently in these teams successes. The Saints and the Colts didn't win the BIG GAME until they actually got a running game to take the heat off the QB.

9. Norg

Norg Hall of Fame

I don't know guy yall are to fantic about a rb when we got like 4 rbs on our roster already yes none of them are good but are capeable to go if we play more passing plays this year

I want a linemen in the 2nd round and I might be the only one happy if that happens today

10. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I think this draft is too deep at other positions and we have bigger holes to fill. OL, especially inside OL are usually there every draft. Not too many 1st round G's and C's.

11. DocBar

DocBar Hall of Fame

I think this draft is too deep at other positions and we have bigger holes to fill. OL, especially inside OL are usually there every draft. Not too many 1st round G's and C's.

12. HuttoKarl

HuttoKarl Hall of Fame

You answered your own question.

To rely on a guy just out of neck fusion, two UDFA's and Ryan Moats pretty much means another season of a crap running game. Do I hope Slaton bounces back to 100 percent? Definitely. Do I want to RELY on it? No way.

Toby Gerhart would be an automatic upgrade to our team.